Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Divorce is being settled, now sitting in Lüneburg together with my new girlfriend and enjoying life in a group of excile Iranians 😊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I watched like 10 episodes of Barnwood Builders

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good work on cleaning up! Gus owns bones.

Congrats on getting out of what sounds like a bad thing and getting yourself to a much better place!

Not sure what the last one means, but cool!

Cheers all around!

Here's Dizi in the sand:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My blog was reblogged by the blog that inspired my blog!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We booked a flight to Almaty on to Semey this morning for later this month and I’m so excited. Kazakhstan whips rear end, best food, nicest people, and the Altay mountains are the most beautiful in the world

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Offhandedly went gently caress it and bought a scratch off ticket today while buying my real prize, garden salsa sun chips and a French vanilla cappuccino from a lovely gas station machine

Just scratched it off with my niece

We got one of the few top prizes

Like top top prize

200,000 loving United States Dollars prize

That’s going in my kids trust fund not to me but like peaches in paradise am I dead and having a fever dream

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Offhandedly went gently caress it and bought a scratch off ticket today while buying my real prize, garden salsa sun chips and a French vanilla cappuccino from a lovely gas station machine

Like top top prize

That’s going in my kids trust fund not to me but like peaches in paradise am I dead and having a fever dream

Holy poo poo?? Congrats

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like top top prize

Wow! Huge congrats!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like top top prize

Congratulations! That’s amazing and I hope it brings you comfort and joy.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like top top prize

that is awesome! congrats!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Like top top prize

So drat happy for you dude, that is amazing!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Winner winner, garden salsa sun chip dinner! :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:woop: Congratulations. I mean that really and truly.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Yeah, that's awesome! You deserve all the good luck, and it's so rare for it to turn up in a lump sum!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Retroactively got a 10% discount applied on an expensive item I ordered at the beginning of the month but that hasn't shipped yet after inquiring about their "-10% on everything" weekend promotion (I could have also cancelled and re-ordered for a far later delivery, of course).

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I made some decent headway on a game mapping project that I'd neglected for months due to real-world issues. Now I've got today and tomorrow off work and a renewed sense of motivation to crack on with it! :toot:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

turning 40 in December and still got asked for ID to buy cigarettes :smug:

:smug: :smug: :smug:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
There's a woman at work who is at least 15 years younger than me and sometimes when we converse she'll say "you and me are about the same age" and I just smile and nod.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's still not locked in, but I just put in a bid for an apartment, and it was accepted. So I'm probably going to move this winter into a fairly decent apartment with a brand new bathroom. (And I might renovate the kitchen before I move in.)
It's just really rad, and I'm looking forwards to all the stuff I can do with it, even though my economy will shrink a decent bit compared to where it is now. (And I got it ~10k $ below asking price, since it's been on the market a while.)
(It's going to take 1.5 weeks to get the final final yes though, since there's a 'pre-purchase' right, where others in the building co-op can opt to buy it at that price, provided they have been members there longer than me. (OBOS, for any :norway: goons.))

Gonna be expensive, but holy poo poo am I pumped for some of the stuff I want to do there over the next few years.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
I argued against my job's "come into the office more often" mandate and won (an exception for myself, anyway).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Start job searching immediately

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My wife won five grand in a radio contest this morning

I tuned into the livestream as soon as she told me and caught the playback of when they called her, and when they asked her what she was going to do with the money, the first thing she could think of was "get my husband something really nice for his birthday coming up", and I'm like :qq:

Just hearing her think of me like that, unprompted and unguarded, is more of a gift than anything she could get me with the money.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My husband was sworn in as a US citizen. I played the first verse and chorus of Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" really loving loud on the way home, then promised never to play it again. :patriot:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’ve felt really good about some writing I’ve been doing of late, and the reception from others has been overwhelmingly positive.

It makes me feel great to both be back on that writing horse again and to produce things worth reading.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hirayuki posted:

My husband was sworn in as a US citizen. I played the first verse and chorus of Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" really loving loud on the way home, then promised never to play it again. :patriot:

gently caress this dumb country but also hell yeah. My wife became a citizen a few months ago and the ceremony was kind of amazing.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

FreshFeesh posted:

I’ve felt really good about some writing I’ve been doing of late, and the reception from others has been overwhelmingly positive.

It makes me feel great to both be back on that writing horse again and to produce things worth reading.

Wow, I find writing to be painful so that's super cool!

There's a magpie at their local park that recognises me. :sun:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

FreshFeesh posted:

My congratulations on your significant others becoming American Citizens and my condolences on your significant others becoming American Citizens.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

oldpainless posted:

My congratulations on your significant others becoming American Citizens and my condolences on your significant others becoming American Citizens.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. But now he can vote! Registered on the way out of the ceremony, in fact. :getin:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I've had a really lousy, weird couple weeks but my sports team practices are starting again and I'm all full of exercise endorphins, and I just spent like 30 hours with someone I am waay into.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is the weekend, my dudes

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

It is the weekend, my dudes

Counterpoint: I am at work and want to go the gently caress home and send all weekend havers into the sun for making me work Saturday morning

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Counter-counter point: I also worked into Saturday morning and now I am done and can enjoy the weekend. My dude.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Counter-Counter-Counter point: I worked overnight last night, I will tonight, and I will again on Sunday night. 'Happy weekends' are a strange and alien concept to me, like explaining elbows to sharks.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Getting to have pancakes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Counter-Counter-Counter point: I worked overnight last night, I will tonight, and I will again on Sunday night. 'Happy weekends' are a strange and alien concept to me, like explaining elbows to sharks.
that does not sound like your day was very awesome, tbh

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fair point. Uhhh. Oh, the patrol cart got replaced. New one is a nice red color with SECURITY in big letters on the bottom part of the windscreen, feels more official than the last ones we've had. There's that.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Y'all, I work most weekends and every school holiday.

Kinda a bummer for my social life, but my job basically means I hang out with awesome special needs kids all day, which is why like 99% of my days are awesome. Wouldn't trade for anything, and my 'weekends' are monday to thursday, so while I work hard for 3 days I get 4 days to decompress, which rules. Also when I do have a weekend off (which happens like 8 times a year) it means I have a mini almost two week vacation, which is seperate from my actual 3 week vacation each year.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Taeke posted:

Y'all, I work most weekends and every school holiday.

Kinda a bummer for my social life, but my job basically means I hang out with awesome special needs kids all day, which is why like 99% of my days are awesome.

You're awesome. Thank you so much for doing what you do. :blessed:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Fair point. Uhhh. Oh, the patrol cart got replaced. New one is a nice red color with SECURITY in big letters on the bottom part of the windscreen, feels more official than the last ones we've had. There's that.

CART
:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I AM HIRED