Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Croux
May 10, 2007

Proud member since 2010 <3
I got a letter from my favourite band's drummer. :D
He's incredibly sweet. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart
Every day I feel like I'm getting stronger and my ex is probably getting fatter. Makes me feel like she did me a favor by dumping me. Plus, I decided to text this hotter girl I was kind of interested in and she hasn't blown me off yet. So things are looking up :)

Edit: Just asked her to lunch and she said yes. Booya.

the aftermath has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Apr 13, 2011

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
I crossed eyes with I girl I used to have class with, we smiled as we passed each other on. I am not used to such responses from people I don't know very well :3:

I had two awesome hot dogs tonight. One with chorizo, beans and guacamole and the other with bacon. Pretty darn good.

I went to the gym and it was awesome as well.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I had a poo poo couple of days which I posted about in the other thread.

Last night my brother calls me up and asks if I want to drink beer and play guitar with him and his girl. I did, and it was awesome. Then I made myself 3am beans on toast with bacon and worcestershire sauce, and it was awesome. Then I woke up not hungover at all, to a call from my girlfriend and she wants to come over tonight. There will be roast beef for dinner, and then movies and maybe more beer. Great day.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I slept in, then spent some time with my best friend and saw Soul Surfer.

That movie is cheesy as hell but considering I've been having a hard time lately with medical issues, it really helped put things in perspective. Plus, seeing my friend always makes my day awesome. :) I know it's silly but I'm really excited about this week because normally I only see him on Monday and Wednesday but this week we have plans every single day.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d9f2jYytNs.
As trivial as it seems, my boyfriend and I very recently broke up, as a direct result I am homeless and unemployed; but I happen to own a little green cheek conure that adores me, and so those four goofy loving Jendays brightened the hell out of my day!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Sjurygg posted:

I went with my girlfriend to the maternity clinic, and we got to see our little baby for the first time on the screen. Everything checks out fine.

Congratulations, welcome to the club! It's going to be exhausting as hell but also the best thing ever.

Today is an awesome day because I'm going to an all-you-can-eat buffet party thing later, and I had a very strenuous deadlift workout earlier. I'm going to eat like a motherfucker.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was a pretty productive day at work, capped off by great burgers and a nice dark Belgian ale, then swapping motorcycles with a buddy to head home (all in due time of course, no impairment up in this bitch).

Only downside is that the swap helped me realize that my bike is exactly as uncomfortable as I suspected. :( Time for taller bars!

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
My day was awesome today because I finally found out that I have hypothyroidism and an explanation for my constant tiredness and inability to lose weight (also depression and impaired cognitive function - I honestly started to think I was turning stupid). Starting hormone replacement therapy today hooray!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Got 12 hours of sleep, woke up without an alarm, did some grocery shopping, and I traded off my shift today so after my one class today, I'm off!

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
I got to meet Elisha Cuthbert (of 24 fame) this morning. Not a bad start to my day.

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Got a :10bux: raise at work today

Gobber Jane
Sep 7, 2010
met up with an old friend over coffee to talk about our upcoming master's dissertations and future plans and then finished off a section of my background at the library.

Then walked home with my handsome husband to drink tea and peruse SA. In about an hour, it's time to eat donor kebab and watch back episodes of QI before reading all about the Black Death for my next section.

I'm where I want to be in life.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Nearly got involved in some stupid girldrama, instead said gently caress it and slept all afternoon. Boyaa :master:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My boss was cool and gave me next Friday off. Now I can join my friends in an alcohol-fueled weekend of debauchery at this nice hotel :rock:

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

I took a lot of Vicodin and then just laid around watching movies and TV. It was amazing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Since my boss is at a conference this week, my lab's group meeting has been moved to one of our favorite bars in town :cheers:

EDIT: And it turns out my cousin is finally pregnant. She's been trying to get knocked up for a while, so good for her.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Apr 14, 2011

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
After it being lost for over 5 years, I finally found my "A Knights Tale" soundtrack! :dance: Has some great music on it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Despite my golfing and outdoor crafting plans ruined by the rain, I kinda have this new sort of goodness feeling that I'm running with.

There's new comedy tonight followed by a nationally televised MLS match, and I'll be getting coffee from my favourite place some point before that--hopefully with a close friend.

Here's to the weekend being awesome as well.

:shobon:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I realized this should be my last tax deadline date since I'm starting to look for a new job. The feeling of not dreading the months of late February - Mid April and Mid August - Mid October will be fantastic.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Sour Patch Kids for breakfast motherfucker!

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I just came back from seeing Motörhead live. I was very close to the stage and Phil Campbell handed me a glass (via a security guard). It was full of cider (wtf?).

After that I caught a guitar pick. Pretty cool day...

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I've been having car trouble lately. My brother's just got a really nice new company car. Today I texted him to see if I could borrow his old corolla to run some errands. He responded with "Sure, key's on my desk. Don't bother asking next time and keep the key". I'm pretty sure he didn't just give me a car, but it's a really nice gesture anyway.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bought a ratty looking bookshelf at Goodwill a week ago for $4.99. It was obviously in a kid's room because it had stickers and writing all over it, and it was haphazardly painted bright orange. I didn't care for any of that because it was solid wood (none of that pressed wood poo poo) and had lots of potential for what I had in store for it.

Fast forward to this morning when I have a day off, and I had it sanded and painted before noon. Let it dry for the rest of the day, rubbed it down and cleaned it, and now it looks totally bitchin' holding my full record collection (had a bunch of records stored away because I had no place to put them) with another shelf for even more records. Something as simple as that made my day today. This also means I can buy more records!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thought I owed $500 in federal taxes, but due to some weird reciprocal tax law between Michigan and Indiana and just starting grad school/becoming a resident here, the $400 in state/county tax that IN took out is coming right back to me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Flavor Bear posted:

Sour Patch Kids for breakfast motherfucker!

Just had Sour Patch Kids for dinner.

gently caress yes, Sour Patch Buddy

Today was sweet, as all the rumors about Portal 2 releasing early made me finally preorder it off Steam. If it releases tomorrow, awesome. If not? There's always Tuesday.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
LAST DAY OF THE SEMESTER THANK YOU JESUS.

Now I can study in peace =)

the answer is boat
Apr 15, 2001

Tea and strawberries for breakfast and I look really nice today!

and it's my tenth goonniversary. :toot:

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Signed off the purchase orders for our infrastructure budget which has ended 9 months of research, ended up saving a stack of cash for work right before my increase is due. Summer weather the whole weekend plus a braai for the rugby on Saturday. Got my car back and it's running beautifully. Plus some free drinks this evening at work.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Wore a pair of new Doc Martens' to work and had them propped up on the desk while talking to the embassy in Kabul.

Having a "Scream" marathon tonight with a good friend of mine before we see "4" tomorrow.

And, after having knee problems all winter, got the all clear to go back to the gym tomorrow morning and loving lift weights again.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

After half-assedly going through my record collection last night, I apparently have Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits in mono. I do not remember ever owning this. I've got his albums on CD, but only have Greatest Hits I and II on record and I'm hearing the mono mixes for the first time in a long time, and all I can say is holy poo poo. Bonus points for an original vinyl source.

Makes me want to buy the mono boxset, but I think I'll just seek out the original mono records instead!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

kombatMedik posted:

Just had Sour Patch Kids for dinner.

gently caress yes, Sour Patch Buddy
A tart, sugar-coated high five is in order.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

A mate and I just had beers and watched movies. I haven't seen him for 3 weeks but it feels like it's been forever. He's moving interstate soon to be with his girlfriend, which sucks badly, but it was extremely awesome to spend time with him, doing what we do best. Which is drinking and making fun of movies.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
A couple years ago my PC's power supply blew out, and since then a 1TB hard drive which housed a lot of important files I'd been working on for a long time mysteriously shrank and would only show up in Windows as "32MB Raw". I tried everything I could think of to get it back, but nothing worked. I hung onto the drive just in case, but sort of forgot about it for a while.

Today I happened upon a hard drive tool that restores shrunken hard drives to original capacity. Turns out it's a fairly common conflict in the BIOS of my specific motherboard model. I hooked up the shrunken drive and figured I'd just get a formatted terrabyte back, but my entire file structure was also completely intact. :D

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Woke up at noon, had a pina colada, and later I am going to go see the circus in town, drunk.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
All my students turned their lab reports in on time today (except for the derelict who will most likely fail the course for the 2nd time, but I already gave up on him), even the ones who skipped class to drink for the huge inter-Greek House competition this weekend.

Also bro-fisted a guy in a green bodysuit today.

VV EDIT: Might wanna throw some content in there. At least in GBS, they've started to probate for posts with just "nice post-avatar/username combo". Just a warning!

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 21:09 on Apr 15, 2011

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beastie posted:

Woke up at noon, had a pina colada, and later I am going to go see the circus in town, drunk.

Your avatar and this post are tailor-made for each other.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I'm starting to get a grip on my OCD, and today I made several improvements.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

I've had really hosed up unusual health problems for the last 10 years (well actually since I was born, they just weren't diagnosed until ten years ago). None of it's directly fatal but I am disabled, which is lovely. I'm working on being able to go back to school, as some of my medications are expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford them without a decent paying job with insurance. As these health problems have multiplied over the years, my mood is increasingly one of despair that I'm just going to get sicker until I either die or pull a suicide. Every day, I seem to be at the bottom.

Today, I don't feel that way at all. I don't know what it is, but I'm not thinking that things will always be rotten. I'm not exactly tip-toeing through the tulips, but sometimes a ceasefire from the Gods of Bad Luck is a wonderful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vectorwulf
May 5, 2010
First, my absolutely horribly painful toothache is finally under control.

Secondly, I got a new-ish TV a while back to use as a PC monitor, and wanted to find some 60fps videos to watch on it. Finally dug around and found some, and for the first time ever my parrots and/or cat will sit and watch movies and videos with me. :3: Seems the smooth motion fools them into thinking it's real!