Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sunshine89 posted:

vacuuming related fall?

??

Go on...

edit: gently caress uh...went on a date today that the girl picked out. We did a painting/wine class. Art teacher comes out, give some pointers, and you do your interpretation of one of 5 paintings on the wall. While you're painting a 'wine expert' (whatever that's called, cant remember the name) comes around giving you samples of different wines. If you liked a certain kind he'd give you a glass of it.

Really, really good time. I thought it wasn't going to be any fun (the event, not the date, we've been out before) but I actually had a lot of fun with it.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Apr 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
I placed them on the edge of my desk. I was vacuuming under the desk, when the cord of the vacuum had snagged on something. I then gave the vacuum a sharp push, which not only dislodged the snag, but sent the vacuum into the leg of the desk with enough force to knock the headphones off. They landed at a weird angle, which cracked the piece of plastic connecting the earcup to the swivel mechanism

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I went to the roof of a café to watch a projection of The Rocky Horror Picture show. It was awesome.

BillNyeTheNaziSpy
May 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Finally really started my new job today. I had been training and preparing for some certification tests for the last week or so and was getting bored to death with it (even though the people are great and super helpful). It was great to actually start doing the things I was hired to do.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Woke up feeling great and a bit sore from yesterday's trip to the gym. Had time to make some eggs with feta and spinach, drank an awesome latte and this afternoon my sister is bringing her kids over to meet my cat and play with him until he just can't play anymore. She is also feeding me and I'm sure she'll bring me something that she thinks I'll need -- she always does and I love her for it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Got a brand new Audio Technica AT311EP cartridge in the mail today for a $2 Sansui linear tracking turntable I'd bought a week ago at a yard sale. In anticipation, I cleaned the hell out of the turntable internally and externally, cleaned and oiled the tonearm shaft and spindle bearing, and put a new belt on the tonearm drive.

The cartridge arrived today to finish everything off, and holy poo poo. My records never sounded better. This turntable beats the hell out of the old Technics I've had for some time. I can't wait for this cartridge to break in and really shine. Love this turntable.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit

Esmerelda posted:

Woke up feeling great and a bit sore from yesterday's trip to the gym. Had time to make some eggs with feta and spinach, drank an awesome latte and this afternoon my sister is bringing her kids over to meet my cat and play with him until he just can't play anymore. She is also feeding me and I'm sure she'll bring me something that she thinks I'll need -- she always does and I love her for it.

Holy poo poo. You're basically having the same day as me.

I woke up feeling sore from an awesome work-out and rolled over to see this:

After that, how can today NOT be awesome? :3:

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
I got my internet back! :dance:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I woke up early, kicked my finance test's rear end, cleaned my entire house, made homemade bread, and now I am smoking some :420:. I am a productive stoner.

Beastie has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Apr 23, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Today was the day I have met my girlfriend every week since we got together, almost four years ago. We broke up sunday, and I'm really honestly feeling good about it. I got some sushi, I talked to a few goons, and a pretty girl sent me a picture. :)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I had sexual intercourse with an attractive female.

:feelsgood:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Went over my data cap on my cell phone. (5gb), and was stuck on EDGE for about 2 weeks. Just woke up, and I'm back to having 4G. Yayyy.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I hate my job, I hate many of my coworkers, and yet again I got in a verbal kerfluffle with one of them over money. It was an awesome day because I realized that with just over a week left at that shithole I no longer need to be the adult in every situation. I am now allowed to not give a gently caress about the outcome.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Orientation for new hires at work. Happens every quarter. Was gonna be all bitter about their lunch with the managers, etc. and go eat my PB+J in peace but they had plenty of leftovers. Good cold cut sandwiches, catered.

I feel bad for being cold toward people here. To some degree, they can't control their work habits...but they're all really neat people outside of work, and when it comes to things like this. :smith:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got carded buying beer. I laughed at the guy because I thought he was just being polite -- he wasn't. He was serious and rather confused as to why I found him following the law amusing. Confusion gave way to embarrassment when he saw my license, I'm almost 37.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Best friend did a pregnancy test earlier while I was round, we were both shaking and oh man the smile on her face when it came up positive was like the best thing I've ever seen :3:

I can't tell anyone yet but I'm excited so I am telling you, thread.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
Started my new job today, which in itself wasn't that much fun, but it's nice to be doing something with my days and earning money again. Also completed a week of really strict dieting despite being surrounding by tons of bad food in work and having to go out of my way to get something healthy as a snack, then came home and had plenty of energy to do my chores and make a healthy dinner, which is something that never happened at my old job. This bodes well for me since I plan on going to the gym after work from now on.

I just feel pleased that:
1) I have a job / money now
2) My job doesn't suck rear end
3) My willpower is remaining strong, and
4) I'm not letting work and exhaustion loom over me and dominate my life.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I just snaked/plunged a stick of deodorant out of my toilet. It's not much, but a 90 minute battle to remove something I was told would require dismantling the toilet to clear was a pretty awesome achievement as I am horrible with things like this.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.
My friend proposed to her long term girlfriend. That was awesome. My other friend miscarried however, which has shitted up my day.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Had a lab test today, went really well. If tomorrow goes well, I'm in the clear for this term.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It has been seven days since I have seen the sun. For the past week we've had thunderstorms all day, most of them labeled under the "severe" category.

Today was sunny.:sun:

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Had a fight with a close friend the other night, went round to his today and all was well. Gave him a hug and made plans for the weekend. It wasn't like a massive punch up or anything, just a couple months of pent up tension and irritability on both our parts. Need to learn to discuss stuff with him more often.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Well this is yesterdays, but my girlfriend brought me a giant cup of iced tea while I was at work, lifting boxes with no AC. She's awesome. :unsmith:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Raining while sunny, I am surrounded by rainbows. It is quite nice out, and I am making the first batch of sun tea for the year. I've got homemade tortillas warming for the eventual chicken tacos, and a good friend has informed me of a job opening that pays 12$ an hour watching movies. She's the manager.
It's been about a week and a half since I broke it off with my girlfriend of almost four years, and it's just honestly enjoyable doing what I want, going where I want.
Today I might turn my phone off and go for a hike, and now there's no one to bug me while I relax and enjoy life. For the first time in the past decade, I can say I am actually happy and feel good about life.
Be seeing you, Goons. :)

e:also I'm finally figuring out what I'm really into, and that is really quite freeing after such an abusive relationship.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I stepped in something soft in the hallway in the dark, and I was sure it was going to be dogshit. So I fumbled for the light switch so I wouldn't spread poo poo around everywhere and it turned out to just be a sock.

The relief was awesome.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Now that school is over, I need to start picking up more shifts. Luckily the only other person at my job who even approaches my seniority has decided to move on. I have 6 8 hour shifts this week! Hullo money!

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
The little things: Wolf no-beans chili.

:)

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

One Sick Puppy posted:

I just found out that someone bought this.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
First day of summer vacation. Swoled out at the gym for the first time in forever, just won a hard fought starcraft 2 game, probably going to meet up and have a few drinks with some friends tonight.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Just got my first interview for a paid job since 2008. I've been volunteering in various places for the past couple of years but I'm desperate to get back into paid work.

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Came into work this morning to find a meeting invite titled "Emergency meeting!" with the description "We have urgent issues to discuss," and of course my first thought is gently caress I am in so much trouble. I don't know why my first thought is always that I'm in trouble, but it is. I go into my boss's office, whole department (all 4 of us) is gathered there. And then we go next door to her boss's office and now I know something bad is going on.

But instead of getting yelled at, I received a thank you award from one of the VPs here, a $200 gift card, and a hug from both my boss and my boss's boss for all the work I do, which is nice because I've been busting my rear end around here for the past couple of weeks on a massive project :) poo poo, that made my entire MONTH awesome. I know $200 isn't a whole lot, but really just being recognized for good work makes me happy. I swore to my boss I'd use it for something fun and nothing practical, so I'm gonna go out and buy a whole bunch of fun but completely unnecessary poo poo from Joann Fabrics.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I dyed my hair black and I love it.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My Master's thesis project final review today went totally awesome and all of the outside reviewers loved it. So that kind of made my entire last two semesters worth of sleepless nights while working on this project entirely worthwhile, and I've gained a great amount of confidence in my design skills as a result.

I think the highlight of the review was my work being compared to Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities.

So I'm graduating with a Masters of Architecture on Sunday from the University of Michigan, which is currently the #1 M.Arch Program in the country. :)

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
I've been sleeping on a couch for almost three years. I will be getting a bed this weekend. I got to go and buy all of my sheets and pillows today. Hell yeah.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Kind of posted this in the what ruined your day thread but I feel good.

Contacted some friends in Canada about moving back to my birthplace of Toronto and doing marine mechanics. They went head over heels on getting me info and I have a few solid leads now, including a potential job at a marina. The bonus is I'd get to live in my family's cabin, on a lakefront, 15 minutes from where I'd work. It would be a dream come true. Snowmobiling in the winter, boating/fishing in the summer.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
My day was awesome today because I got accepted to Boston University School of Law.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was a good day.

I won "most creative" out of my senior class. :3:

I had an awesome substitute in my art class that used to be a clown in a traveling circus way back. She brought some old clown costumes with her and we partnered up to draw each other dressed up in clown outfits like little kids. :3:

I got home to find the CD I pre-ordered had arrived, along with a bunch of other stuff that came with. :3:

By this time, I was fully aware that I was having an awesome day that I halfway expected something bad to happen. Then I went to work and had a load of fun with the cooks. :3:

Nothing went wrong yesterday.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I got my bird to whistle the song I taught him. The little dude makes me happy. :)

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Got paid for sitting around and writing my bachelor thesis and I think I might actually finish it pretty soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
I started brewing my first batch of beer. Now I just have to wait 6 weeks to drink it.