Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Found out I can keep my job until August! :) I thought I was going to lose it in June. Woooohoooo for being able to put of finding a REAL job a little bit longer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I've been dealing with the issue of a broken caliper pin socket. Caliper pin is supposed to screw in, but with the socket broken, it can't screw in, and falls off, and my brake caliper grinds against the inside of the wheel.

I found out half the equation, in the form of a 3/8 1.5 inch long bolt, which can pass through the ring that's supposed to hold the caliper pin and fits into the broken socket to hold the caliper in place... but there's no room for a nut at the end of the bolt. I had the idea of using a lock nut with a flared base, turned backwards so the base stuck out of the ring to keep it from slipping through the ring, but the flared base wasn't flared enough and it slipped out while I was driving.

So I've been puzzling and puzzling over what I could put in there that would have a base large enough to not slip through the ring, yet that would allow the 3/8 bolt to screw through into the broken caliper pin socket... that would fit in the 1/4 inch space between the ring and caliper socket...

Then I found the wonder that is the T nut:

Had to break off those four barbs on it, but it's like it was made for exactly what I need! I'd like to see that bolt slide out now! :smug:

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I finished my last exam today, and am now drinking a nice beer.

dustbin
Jun 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was sent home from work early!

candywife
Mar 3, 2011
Just realized this morning that I've lost 11 pounds this month through counting calories and god drat hula hooping.
And tomorrow will be awesome because I am going on some wine tour thing in Solvang.
:denmark:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Everything in life has kind of settled down finally!

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got a date with a girl that I should've asked months ago.

First time I've been excited for a date in a while.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I've been spamming the crappy-day thread for I don't know how long, so it's nice to be able to contribute here.

:3: Unfortunately I'm incredibly not free during finals, but still.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I have close to a week before I have to start going to work.
Close to a week of waking up quick at about noon, with no intention of being in Compton soon. I would get drunk before the day begins, but then I'd have to deal with my mom's bitching about my friends.

But for serious, I'm getting a lot of work done on stuff that actually matters to me. Unemployment rules when you have a job.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I thought I was waking up to a house with no food, but I found some rice in the cupboard! :slick: GET DOWN

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Last night a friend gave me a card and a gift and told me I'd changed her life and she was going to miss me when I leave. Made me cry.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Sex Hobbit posted:

I've been spamming the crappy-day thread for I don't know how long, so it's nice to be able to contribute here.

:3: Unfortunately I'm incredibly not free during finals, but still.

Tell her that you're busy during finals but you can do stuff afterwards. This is the sort of thing neckbeards fantasize about.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Psalmanazar posted:

Tell her that you're busy during finals but you can do stuff afterwards. This is the sort of thing neckbeards fantasize about.

Well sure. I already did.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
I saw a white-faced ibis today. That is a new bird for me.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Sex Hobbit posted:

Well sure. I already did.

Hooray!

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Not today, but yesterday was extremely awesome. It was my birthday, and everyone I wanted to see showed up, and I got some really thoughtful gifts. Best birthday I've had for years.

Especially because my girl hand-sewed me some cushions for my couch:

lemonlime
May 1, 2008

^^^ Those are the :black101:est cushions.

It's my 29th birthday today! At 3 p.m. we're making homemade tacos at my grandma's & mom's house and I bet that my mom will have also made a super-cute cake. Even my dad has promised to come. Small family dinners are the best and it's exactly what I want for my birthday. :3:

It's also May Day; hooray for organized labor, united across the world!

It's my three year anniversary on SA, too. That doesn't really merit a cheer, but it's certainly worth a smile for me.

abata and ekubo
Jan 5, 2009
I had sex for the first time and got a boyfriend :3:

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
The Yankee's won. Good enough for me.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

abata and ekubo posted:

I had sex for the first time and got a boyfriend :3:

Congratulations.

I cleaned my room today. Like, give it a proper work-through. All the useless crap is gone, I've actually got my one and a half bookcase sorted, and I realised how many books I've actually got.

Also, although this was two nights ago, I found Never Gonna Give You Up on vinyl for a euro. I spent the night rickrolling people in real life. It was awesome.

Battle Bott
May 6, 2007

After an 18 hour workday (awake for 28 hours total) some friends and I managed to install a 6 panel solar array above the canopy of an oak. The array weighs about 35 pounds, and was on the end of a 12' 4x4. We were in the topmost branches of a tree, 40' above the ground. It took 9 hours to lever up and bolt in, and was more physically difficult than you can imagine.

It's now producing ~60 watts.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Ran the Broad Street Run, a 10 mile race, and managed a 7:10 pace, which is lot better than I expected for the first time I've ever ran that far. Plus the race itself was generally a blast- 30000 people running, the course is a straight shot down the middle of Philadelphia, people cheering the whole way, and bands strategically placed every couple miles playing hair metal and stadium rock.

Then I went to a Belgian-style cafe and had the most satisfying burger and beers of my life.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I got a B on the final for a class I thought I would have to retake due to my laziness on past exams. It replaces my lowest exam grade and I'm going to pass the course. :unsmith:

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"
Got the apartment all to myself. Had a nice time with MY GIRLFRIEND :smug:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Not exactly today, but it made my week a bit brighter: Arjen Lucassen replied to a FB comment I made on Ayreon's page. It was so unexpected!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Graduated with a Master of Architecture degree today :)

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

A friend on facebook posted an amber alert for St. Paul, MN. I figured it was another amber alert hoax like you see every month on facebook, but it turned out this one was for real.

A few hours later, the little girl was found alone, but unharmed, a few miles away. That made me pretty happy!

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2090959.shtml

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
What, no one's done this yet? Fine.

My day was awesome because Osama Bin Laden is dead :911:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I was watching a YouTube video and saw that my Twitter account made a five-second cameo (from 1:10 to 1:15). It got me pretty excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7bwbl6UHU8

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All the rain has flooded most of the winery that I work at with the exception of the new general store we just put in. Today I found out I've been switched from valet (and thus not working at all) to second shift security, picking up an eight hour shift (unsupervised) every day of the week. I've gone from the prospect of making a whole zero dollars a paycheck to the very real possibility of clearing over a grand every two weeks.

This allows me to get my finances back in order and to finally get everything squared away for my USAF enlistment.

poo poo's awesome

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
My girlfriend who is very reserved with expressing her feelings gave me a very detailed explanation of why she likes me :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I went to a nice wedding over the weekend and got my first paycheck for my design work :3:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Summer. loving. Break.

yesssss

e. And I finally got around to reading this thread. Holy hell am I laughing.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
I got "tapped" in my first class this morning to join Beta Gamma Sigma. To get invited one has to be in the top 10% of all Junior and Senior business students in the school. I was (and am) very excited to be honored like that. :)

Technophile
Aug 5, 2010

Hugging monitors since 1743
I just saw Pikachu*Makoto, two members of Acid Mothers Temple in a venue the size of your average living room. There was no stage of any sort, with about twenty people in the crowd, all surrounding them in a half-circle. The best moment was when Pika went around the crowd taking off people's clothes and putting them on herself, saying "I am you" all the while. "I am you. You play drum." Then continued to melt face on the drums without skipping a beat. Makoto loving SHREDS.

Drewcifer
Jan 21, 2006

I like to play drums and kill things.
I got robbed at gunpoint today, does that count as awesome?

:waycool:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I just had the best day EVER and need to rant about how wonderful it was!

I found out my favorite team, the Sacramento Kings, were going to stay in Sacramento for another year after months of waiting. I honestly thought they were being relocated to LA.

Got to see my best friend in class today and made plans to see Thor on Friday.

Saw my ex for the first time since the breakup. We got coffee and later a drink and just chatted. I realized for the first time in months that I'm really OKAY. In my mind, I had blown up ever seeing him into this massively terrifying and traumatic event. But really, I think I was less affected by it than he was. It's good to know that I wasn't only okay about the situation when I didn't have to think about it. It's a nice feeling knowing I can sit next to him and not be hurt or angry or nostalgic.

I had an amazing date with a guy I'm crazy about. :) We were supposed to just get a beer but spent the whole night just having fun. When the bar closed, we walked to the state capitol building which I had never seen before. And ahhh, I had missed being kissed.

:woop:

I have no idea how the rest of the week can top that!

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

OgreNoah posted:

Graduated with a Master of Architecture degree today :)

Just finished my last final today, so I can join the Masters recipient club too :glomp: (accounting)

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Doc thinks I probably do not have cancer! :dance:

Lackadaisical posted:

I found out my favorite team, the Sacramento Kings, were going to stay in Sacramento for another year after months of waiting. I honestly thought they were being relocated to LA.
I am no fan of the Kings, to put it mildly, but I'm so happy Sac gets to keep its team. The fact that y'all continue to pack Arco Arena despite that it's dangerous to get within ten blocks of the thing indicates real commitment. Kevin Johnson owns and the Maloofs can suck it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I woke up next to my BOYFRIEND and realized that I would be perfectly okay with growing old and wrinkly with him.

Also quesadillas and cherry 7up. gently caress yes.