Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatbot
Apr 24, 2008
I scheduled 2 interviews, so my period of unemployment should be coming to an end! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My old glasses broke so I had to go back to the eye doctor for the first time in three years. I casually mention the whole "unable to see 3D movies" problem of mine. He tells me that I can get special glasses to fix that.

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo.

I got the glasses today and for the first time in my entire adult life I have depth perception. I've gone without it for so long I forgot what it's like to be able to tell how far away things are.

I spent a good hour wandering around and realizing how awesome everything is.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I feel pretty, and guys have been staring at me all day. And I get to sing in public again tonight, then record with my best friends. Today is a good day.

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
I finally beat all 34 levels in Brickbreaker on my Blackberry! :hellyeah:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tailwhoop posted:

I finally beat all 34 levels in Brickbreaker on my Blackberry! :hellyeah:

Wow that IS good.

For me, the meeting 50 miles away from home was cancelled and my boss is away so I took the afternoon off!

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
Managed to finally get down to the courthouse to pick up our marriage license. Tax season and birthdays had made us put it off for a bit since no one could come and witness it. After we got it done it's like a catalyst for it's actually happening.

AceOfJacks13
Mar 27, 2010
I got a $10K scholarship from the school I'm going to in the fall. Combine that with my dad's GI Bill, and college for me will cost only $12,000 or so out of pocket/loans.

Cadell
May 16, 2009
Our toilets at work have those light sensors that turn of the lights if there is no movement. Sometimes I'm the first male in our department to use the toilets, so when I go in it is all dark for a second until the lights turn on. So for the past few months whenever I go to the toilets and the lights are off I think 'Oh, a vampire has used the toilet last.' I don't know where or why I thought this, or why a vampire would go to the toilet in the dark, but I do. It hasn't happened for a while but I happened to get in early enough today, feel the call of nature, and lo and behold: Vampire Toilet! :drac:

It has made me ridiculously happy.:3::hf::drac:

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Fixed an oil leak that suddenly started in my truck. Found the oil (valve?) covers on my engine were a bit loose and oil was leaking through the gasket. Tightened them up and leak fixed!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sun is shining, last day of classes, my professor brought us Twinkies,and I'm meeting up with the girly for some Cinco De Mayo cocktails. :dance:

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I work in the main office of a bank. Our building does a quarterly blood drive for the red cross. While I was giving my blood, the CEO of our company came in and started talking to people who were donating. He struck up a little conversation with me. We talked about his amazing suit. He looked like Colonel Sanders in a pimp outfit. After he left, the owner of the awesome Chinese restaurant in the skyway came in to donate. He recognized me, and told me that I was a good person for donating blood :3: He then said that I could come up to his restaurant later for free lunch. I went to lunch (awesome chicken lo mein), and came back to my manager waiting for me by my desk. The CEO had emailed him telling him what an outstanding gentleman I was, and how I was a credit to our department.

Also my buddy called and asked if I wanted to go get cheap beers after work. He won a 200$ scratch card and offered to pay! Hurray for 36oz Dos Equis Amber for 3 dollars!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Realized it was Cinco de Mayo, which just by coincidence happens to be the day I planned to make a really spicy pot of chili.
I also poked around and found all the stuff I need to make margaritas.
:ese:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Even after paying off my ticket, renewing my registration, grocery shopping, and getting taken somewhat for a ride at Jiffy Lube, I have way more money in my checking account than I thought I would. Cool, I CAN pay my bills today!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I discovered a delicious thing: white rice + cinnamon sugar.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Wandering Knitter posted:

My old glasses broke so I had to go back to the eye doctor for the first time in three years. I casually mention the whole "unable to see 3D movies" problem of mine. He tells me that I can get special glasses to fix that.

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo.

I got the glasses today and for the first time in my entire adult life I have depth perception. I've gone without it for so long I forgot what it's like to be able to tell how far away things are.

I spent a good hour wandering around and realizing how awesome everything is.

Out of curiosity, do you know the condition's name or type of glasses you got? I have sort of the same thing with my glasses on, my eye doctor didn't really know what I meant besides "lovely depth perception." Maybe my glasses just suck, it annoys the piss out of me.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

CrackSpider posted:

I discovered a delicious thing: white rice + cinnamon sugar.

Your day's about to get more awesome: add raisins.

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Starting off with something awesome yesterday, I got a scholarship for Estonian lessons for when I go to Estonia next fall. Only worth about 700 Euros, but it means that I have enough money now to travel around the Baltic States while I'm there.

Today, I got an e-mail saying they want me to take a placement test which I find highly amusing. If there are any questions beyond "do you know Estonian?" I won't know how to answer them. It might not seem that awesome, but it makes me laugh every time I think of it.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Up at 5am, had enough time to actually hug my cat before catching my bus -- he seemed pleased.

Hit the gym, pushed up my mileage a tiny big since I'm still working on IT band issues and didn't feel any pain at all. Then I played with the weights and was told as I was resting between sets that my shoulders are looking really good by one of the regulars I see all the time which made me feel rather smug since I sometimes think I'm the only one who notices.

I've finally adjusted what I eat and how much I eat so that I'm not exhausted by 11am on the days I work out. It's nice to not feel like I got ran over by a truck while knowing that I'm only doing good things for my health (by eating eggs... lots and lots of eggs!)

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
I fixed my internet from being slow as poo poo!

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
Even though I feel bad about it, my friend lent me some money for the remaining rent. :unsmith: I'm so glad I have her as a friend.

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Had a super high priority "Oh god we need 15 webpages and an animated flash piece built TODAY," high profile campaign start up today at work. I didn't get the info for it until 9:30 am, and it had to go live at 3:30 pm today.

Hit my deadline, got a ton of kudos from some very high profile folks. :cool: And even though I didn't complain about the total lack of any kind of notice or effort on their parts to warn us that this was coming, my boss got mad for me and sent them a chastizing email warning them that I was very busy, very important, and to try not to stress me out with poo poo like that.

I love my boss, and I love my job.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I do newspaper research on various things and stumbled upon this one from a small, weekly. Spellings are as they appear in the paper:

quote:

December 13, 1945
O'Possum Caught in Chicken House Here

A big o'possum was caught in the chicken house of Mrs. J.L. Neese, by her son, Mr. Leon Neese, last week while he was preparing to eat one of her fat hens. The o'possum had the hen down on the ground and was biting flesh from her back when Mr. Neese arrived.

As a result both the o'possum and hen were eaten later by the Neese family.

Georgia!

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
My girlfriend came back after being away for two months. Blah blah glad she's back blah blah missed her....

I had sex today :haw:

Edit: And that's why my day was awesome.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
One of my best friends from college is pregnant :3: She's going to be a really really good mom.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Out of curiosity, do you know the condition's name or type of glasses you got? I have sort of the same thing with my glasses on, my eye doctor didn't really know what I meant besides "lovely depth perception." Maybe my glasses just suck, it annoys the piss out of me.

Not off the top of my head for either. :shobon:

Just tell your eye doctor that you can't see 3D movies. I never mentioned that fact to any of my older doctors but that seemed to be the magic phrase that got my eyes to see 3D again.

I think I'm finally getting used to it! I no longer gawk at trees and buildings! :v:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
It was my only remaining grandpa's 80th birthday today! :)

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I got an amazing yet horrible for my health treat and felt like a zombie: BRAAAAAAINs tacos. I ight not eat for a week due to the amount of cholesterol and fat.

EDIT: Today I got honeyed baby goat.

Sweet As Sin has a new favorite as of 04:50 on May 9, 2011

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I had to call Dish Network to send someone out to fix our satellite. While me and the guy were waiting on a test he says "so I see you're calling from Chicago, you a Bulls fan?" We talked about the Bulls and Derrick Rose for 5 minutes. At the end he said the were extremely busy in my area but because I was a Bulls fan he'd get a technician here tomorrow morning. Plus he gave me free Cinemax for a month for kicks. Awesome!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm being a lazy motherfucker today because it's summer break. Mountain Dew, wild berry skittles, Starcraft. If I get too afraid of Starcraft I'm playing Zelda.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I was told "I love you"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Just turned in my term paper, on my way to my last final, and from there I'm going to the Rammstein concert tonight! This hell of a semester is loving over!

This song captures my mood perfectly. :dance:

Southern Vulcan
Apr 5, 2007
A colorful mix of Boomshine and Logic
This is not my day so much as recently but I didn't feel like this deserved a thread but still felt like posting it.

I met a girl on Chat-Roulette and she's awesome. I was coming back after having a good night out but wasn't tired yet. I had just finished :420: with some friends and since it makes everything hilarious I thought I'd go around on chat-roulette and see what I could find. I waded through penis after penis and those weren't particularly interesting. Eventually, I found someone with clothes! I talked to her for a while and we were obviously getting along. She asked me for my skype name and I gave it to her. I figured that'd probably be it but she messaged me the next day! This was in early January. She lives in Spain and I'm currently studying in Denmark so we did have a bit of a distance thing going on. We talked regularly for hours at a time. This went on for a about a month and a half. I had a 2 week break coming and decided on a whim to use some of the time and go stay with her. We hit it off just as well in person as we did online. She'll graduate from college in May and is actually looking at coming back to the US with me and getting a job there.

We aren't official and are waiting until we know whats going to happen with her finding a job and getting a visa before we put any titles on our relationship. But when I think of all the ways we could have missed each other I'm amazed we made it this far. This has renewed my faith in the idea that nothing is impossible and you can make anything happen if you try hard enough. We are from different cultures, different backgrounds, and I don't even speak spanish but I have a good feeling about all this.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm not going to be homeless!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I got my GPA back above 3.0, so I'm not getting kicked out of grad school! Sitting pretty at a 3.22 :hellyeah:

Also sat outside for a little bit, while talking to the mega-babe who works down the hall from me :3:

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Just turned in my term paper, on my way to my last final, and from there I'm going to the Rammstein concert tonight! This hell of a semester is loving over!

It's been a few years since I saw them, but the last Rammstein concert I saw was KICK rear end. I am very jealous of you right now, and I bet you'll have an awesome time :)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just finished my last two finals which I feel I aced! I'm taking the summer off to do several major projects around the house. I never had the time before, but now I finally do!

Woo, summer! :snoop:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I've been playing poker for 3 years and I'd never gotten Four of a Kind before.

Just now, in a tournament, I got two of them in 15 minutes. :stare:

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
After not getting close to the increase I asked for it turns out that my boss met with the CEO personally to argue for my increase. So I just got an extra 10% increase and won't be looking for a new job.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
It's Friday!!! Also my blog is starting to get noticed, and I'm really enjoying posting in it :] it makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My dad finally got the go-ahead to walk without crutches; it's been 7 1/2 months since a motorcycle accident shattered his left femur, and he's been going crazy feeling trapped in the house all the time.

:woop: