Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
My day has been awesome and ruined at the same time. It is ruined because I have been sick all week and I went in to work but was too sick to stay and taking the bus home in the middle of the day takes forever.
It is awesome because now I am at home cozy and warm in my pajamas eating chicken noodle soup while it is cold and snowing outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Free coffee. I am kicking rear end at roll up the rim this year.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I overslept today and I was rushing all morning and didn't have time to make a lunch and my fiance got up (he doesn't have to get up as early as me) and said "you look like you're having a rough morning you could use a coffee". And he gave me money for coffee. It made my crappy morning much better.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Picking up the keys to my house from the lawyer in about an hour.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Very awesome day today.

Free lunch at work for a seminar.

My fiance's workplace was holding a contest to win a trip for two to Vegas. To enter employees would get tickets for volunteering to sandbag or help out at Winnipeg Harvest. We both volunteered so he got extra tickets for me too. And we won today!

Winnipeg got an NHL team again! Go Jets go!

Downtown is currently in gridlock because everyone is partying in the streets.

Tomorrow I have a job interview! After months of applying. Finally a chance to quit the job I hate.

And the photo of that beautiful hot dog, it brings tears to my eyes.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

My fiance and I bought our first house together and for weeks I have been extremely stressed. There is a bug infestation in the basement, a bird got in through the fireplace and made a huge mess, it needs a new roof, and the AC is not working. My fiance has been travelling for work so he's been gone for weeks at a time and because of this heat wave the house has been above 30 degrees all week.
I've been tired and grouchy and sweaty all summer but last night it finally cooled off enough for me to sleep well.
It's amazing how awesome I feel after a good night's sleep. Today is going to be a good day.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I made meatloaf for dinner tonight. It's one of my favourite comfort foods and it turned out just the way my Dad used to make it. Now I can have meatloaf and hot sauce sandwiches for a week. Awesome.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Booked a place for my wedding. Such a relief. Now the planning process doesn't feel quite so daunting.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

This morning on the way to work Tim Hortons was out of large cups so I got an extra large coffee for the price of a large. It's not a big difference, just a pleasant surprise.
Then when I got in to work I had an email saying my meeting tomorrow, which I was dreading, is cancelled.
Got a Jets tshirt as an early birthday present from my fiance.
Looking forward to pita pizzas for dinner tonight.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

It's Friday, and my only plans are a bottle of wine and starting some online christmas shopping. I have been way too busy lately.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Nick Papagiorgio posted:

I won Red Wings tickets for Friday's game against the Oilers. I was psyched to watch it anyway because of Hall and RNH, and now I get to see it in person!

My day will be awesome if Edmonton wins this game because then I will win $100. Don't let me down Nuge.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

The in-laws went to the US to do their christmas shopping and brought me back some cherry coke.
So good.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I have gotten 3 bottles of wine as christmas gifts from people at work. I guess people know how much I love wine.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I ordered nitrile gloves from a lab supply company a while back and they sent me a package today filled with free stuff! I got a beaker mug, a usb stick and a notebook with a metal cover. It was such a pleasant surprise, it really made my day.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

It is +16 celsius right now which very unseasonably warm and beautiful and I had my first street meat of the year. The hot dog guy has his cart set up weeks early because of the incredible weather we've had this year so far. And it's supposed to be around 20 degrees all weekend.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Aw yeah also getting a tax refund!
And I called in sick to work today. It's the best kind, I'm sick enough that I don't feel guilty calling in, but I'm not so sick that I can't enjoy my day and relax a bit.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Having fresh rainbow trout grilled on the bbq for supper tonight. It's only lunchtime and I am so excited.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

My photographer just sent me a preview of my engagement photos and I am just so happy with how they look. I was worried because it was a windy day, I was afraid my make up didn't look good enough or my clothes didn't look good or whatever. I'm very self concious in front of the camera and 90% of photos of me look like crap. But these just look amazing. I've been stressed at work, trying to find a new job, trying to plan my wedding, which is turning incredibly stressful, and this just made my day. And it's Friday before the long weekend.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

It's cold and has been snowing all morning and I am curled up on the couch under a blanket with one cat asleep on top of me and another next to me. I have a hot cup of coffee and I don't have to go anywhere all day. Life is good.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

EEE! I have a job interview on Monday! This is an extremely big deal for me! I have been applying for jobs regularly for the past 2 years and have not heard a word back from any of them. The only interview I've had in the last 2 years was at my husband's workplace and that was because he asked them to interview me. I have been stuck in my low paying, stressful awful job for more than 3 years now feeling depressed and stuck. Science is not a booming industry in my city.
Even if I don't get the job just getting the interview is such a great feeling. If I do get the job it's a term city job which means good money and benefits and access to internal postings I can apply for when the term is up.
And my best friend is visiting from Australia where she is living/going to school. I haven't seen her since before my wedding. She was supposed to be a bridesmaid but wasn't able to come and I really missed her and I finally get to see her again!
What a great start to the weekend!

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I skipped work today, well took a vacation day, and went plant shopping with my mom and her neighbor. They are big into gardening so every spring they hit up all the garden centers and buy tons of flowers and make a whole day of it. I don't have big gardens like them but I have a few planters to fill and it's fun to look at all the pretty flowers.
At one place I was paying for a plant and the guy working asked "What does the T in James T Kirk stand for?" and I said "Tiberius." And he said "you can have that plant for free." It was only a $3 little sensitive plant, but it made a great day awesome.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Today is my last day of work. I've been stuck at a job I hated for the past 4 years. I've been searching for a new job for 3 of those 4 years. I finally decided to go back to school and I start in 2 weeks. Today is the end of a lovely part of my life and the beginning of a fresh start and I am so excited.
And while I hated my job I didn't hate all the people, and my friends are taking me out to lunch today and bought me a pumpkin spice latte this morning and have really made me feel loved.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

My boss wants to give me a bonus. He wants to buy winter tires for me since my job involves a lot of travel. I've only had this job for just under 3 months and it's the toughest job I've ever had, but I must be doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

I had a job interview this morning that went really well. Then I went to my parents' house and my dad made me a nice lunch. Got a letter in the mail from the phone company that turned out to be a cheque because they overcharged me by accident. Took a real cozy afternoon nap with my husband. Then we went shopping for puppy supplies since we are potentially adopting a puppy this weekend. Currently relaxing with a glass of wine and doing some online christmas shopping.
I'd say it's been a pretty awesome day.