Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Best friend did a pregnancy test earlier while I was round, we were both shaking and oh man the smile on her face when it came up positive was like the best thing I've ever seen :3:

I can't tell anyone yet but I'm excited so I am telling you, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Had a fight with a close friend the other night, went round to his today and all was well. Gave him a hug and made plans for the weekend. It wasn't like a massive punch up or anything, just a couple months of pent up tension and irritability on both our parts. Need to learn to discuss stuff with him more often.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Got to talk to my girl and had a nice conversation with my Mum's cousin. Also yesterday I went to see my younger cousin who'd just broken up with her boyfriend of three years. I took her to the pub, we sat talking for a couple of hours and when I got home I had a message from my aunty saying that my cuz was really happy I'd spent the day with her and cheered her up. So I'm gonna make it my aim to see her more :3:

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

I found out my sister has a phobia of cheese. She's apparently fine if it's melted but if it's not, it's weird. She asked me to put the cheese slices on her burger so naturally I chased her round the house with them.

She kicked me three times but oh my god was it ever worth it. I've not even seen her react like that to spiders. I thought she was taking the piss when she told me but the reaction showed otherwise. I'd feel bad but she's a good foot taller than me and will take any opportunity to hold my sunglasses or hat above my head or stop me going through doors for no reason other than she can.

happyflurple has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jun 7, 2011

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Got a lovely and very reassuring phone call from my Dad, who doesn't usually do stuff like that and I'm in the middle of finalising plans for a few days away next weekend :) First time I've had a holiday completely on my own.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I'm now in a relationship with this person.

Makes me wish E/N had a bragging thread. :3:

Haha nice going man. My ex related a similar tale to me about her new man and I just wanted to go shake his hand.

His non-dominant hand.

My day was awesome because I just made plans with the girl I thought my friend had hosed things up with for me. And I got into uni. Nothing can touch me today :cheers:

edit: Yeah and finding unexpected money is boss as hell too. I went to the shop this morning thinking I only had three quid to play with. Checked the pockets of my shorts and found 15 quid.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Spent the day at my best friend's place playing with her little boy. He was cuddled up to me waving an elastic band at me and hissing, telling me it's his new pet snake. I asked him what its name was and he went 'He's called.....he's called....DADDY!'

Bless <3

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

I finally met my new baby cousin. She's three months old, I hadn't seen her before now due to various stuff but my uncle came round to ours today with her and his fiancee. It was awesome because my uncle is only a few years older than me (I'm 24, he's 32) so we pretty much grew up together and it's so cool to see him with this little baby in his arms all 'yeah this is my little girl' :3:. She's gorgeous, and he has another daughter who's six and who is the smartest little girl I've ever met.

Nothing like adorable kids to buoy up your emotions

happyflurple has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Jul 28, 2011

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Logged onto UCAS track to find out that my place at uni has officially been confirmed. First time in my life I've ever cried from being happy, thought I'd never make it to uni cos I hosed up college.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

I had my friend round because I'd not seen him since I moved and I introduced him to my two housemates. One is an Asian-Canadian girl who speaks absolutely perfect English (because she was brought up in loving Canada) but for whatever reason he started putting on his 'foreigner' voice, imagine Basil Fawlty speaking to the Germans. Holy poo poo. It was so loving funny because she's just looking at him like 'what'. I know it's probably hideously racist/ignorant but I just love watching the reactions he gets cos he genuinely doesn't realise. He doesn't do it to be patronising, it's just like he hears someone with a non-British accent and immediately dumbs himself down.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

OgreNoah posted:

The Germans is possibly the best episode of television ever made.

It really is, I'm torn between wishing there had been more episodes yet glad they didn't run it into the ground.

Anyways my day was awesome because I've been chatting to a girl who is a mutual friend of my cousin's. She likes me, I like her, we're meeting up next weekend.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Viewed a house I'm gonna hopefully be living in next school year. Also realised how much I love my best friend, it's been three months since I saw her and we still talk every day. Can't wait to get home for Christmas.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Had drinks with the girl I like and then went out for dinner with my flatmates as one had been away all weekend and myself and the other guy spent the entire weekend catching up on sleep and generally being hermits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Woke up in my new flat, walked into the living room and realised that, despite all the poo poo I've been through and am still dealing with, I am a Real Life Adult and stuff is going to be ok. Feels like a new start and I'm acting like it is too.