Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Got 12 hours of sleep, woke up without an alarm, did some grocery shopping, and I traded off my shift today so after my one class today, I'm off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I've been spamming the crappy-day thread for I don't know how long, so it's nice to be able to contribute here.

:3: Unfortunately I'm incredibly not free during finals, but still.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Psalmanazar posted:

Tell her that you're busy during finals but you can do stuff afterwards. This is the sort of thing neckbeards fantasize about.

Well sure. I already did.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Even after paying off my ticket, renewing my registration, grocery shopping, and getting taken somewhat for a ride at Jiffy Lube, I have way more money in my checking account than I thought I would. Cool, I CAN pay my bills today!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

CrackSpider posted:

I discovered a delicious thing: white rice + cinnamon sugar.

Your day's about to get more awesome: add raisins.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Just turned in my term paper, on my way to my last final, and from there I'm going to the Rammstein concert tonight! This hell of a semester is loving over!

This song captures my mood perfectly. :dance:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I had the most delicious hot dog ever on my lunch break, and then scrubbed grime older than I am off the deep freezer. That motherfucker SPARKLES now.

I even took a picture, look at this beauty:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

AltoidsAddict posted:

I was hiking with some Hotshots today and one of them made an anthropology joke about ancestral Puebloans putting in a pot dispensary.

It's like I'm living in a Dennis Miller monologue.

Oh, and today I stopped by a diner/post office because of all the weird secessionist signs on the building and discovered the pie shake. PIE SHAKE! A pie, and it's also a shake! Why is this not everywhere. Fortunately I paid attention while they were making it.

The Chicago-area chain Portillo's has cake shakes- usually they're chocolate shake with chocolate cake, but when they run out of chocolate they make them vanilla with lemon cake.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My dad came down with the Explorer to help me move the big poo poo (bookcase, armchair etc) out of my apartment into my new one, and I took him on a tour of downtown which ended up with us going day-drinking barhopping together, him meeting my roommate and also getting a tour of the lab I work in. I've been home for about an hour and still need time to sit off the booze before I go in because the hot bartender was working and made me a Girl Scout Cookie, and I was also able to peer-pressure my dad into getting a glass of the Patron coffee liqueur. Great day.

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Jun 6, 2011

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I'm FINALLY officially done moving- got all my crap moved on Friday, had my inspection this afternoon and was told that it was basically the cleanest apartment they'd ever seen so it looks like I'm getting my deposit back (landlords here are somewhat notorious for loving students out of their deposit), and we got internet in the new place!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I loving GRADUATED. FINALLY.

edit- and my graduation gift was my dad paying my $2,800 car repair bill in full :woop:

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Dec 19, 2011

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My grades were finally posted and I did better in all of my classes than I thought I did! Now I just have to wait for the school to mail my diploma, and then I'll be REALLY graduated.

Also I finally got my presents wrapped today!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yesterday I got a call from a potential future roommate, we looked at houses near our future school and found some good ones within walking distance and she seems cool so that's looking promising. A few hours later I got a call from a school representative to confirm that she had in fact called and to touch base on everything else. I'm getting my application, essay and fee in the mail today, my transcript requests are sent, I've got one of two letters of rec taken care of, and my physical appointment is on the 16th.

Mortuary school, here I come!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I have a second job again!

(I work in a lab on campus and since I just graduated, the boss had to jump through some hoops to keep me around, which he kind of forgot to do until reminded.)

Also I got officially accepted into mortuary school, and will go up on Sunday the 22nd to look at houses with my future roommate!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Got my first credit report today in preparation for renting a house, and it turns out I have amazing credit! :dance: I also bought a bangin' suit and necklace for job interviews.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Going out for sushi with friends tonight, then seeing The Big Lebowski at a local theater.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I just destroyed an entire pizza (double mushrooms, my favorite!) and am now settling in with a beer and some Skyrim. So I guess my day is really awesome because of my ridiculous hyper-powered metabolism, because I can eat like this pretty much all the time but I'm not a goony fatass.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Today is my last day of work at Starbucks, and hopefully my last day of foodservice work ever!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Today was my last Unofficial and I did my first keg stand- 25 seconds, apparently the high score of the random house party we passed that literally dragged us in to do said keg stands.

I'm moving out today (parents will be here with the Uhaul in about an hour) but I just might miss it here a little...

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I got my new contacts today and due to insurance, sales, and rebates, they are costing me -$35. I have a job interview tomorrow and my dad just helped me punch up my resume a bit!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Funeral home I'm trying to get a job at called me back!

...at quarter to 7 on Saturday night, so I didn't hear my phone go off because who expects a call then, but they called!

Specifically I didn't hear my phone because I was at my friend's Game of Thrones Season 1 marathon, which was awesome. Wish I had HBO now so I could keep up on it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I met a super cute guy on OKCupid and we have a date on Wednesday! We're going out for sushi and seeing Hunger Games. Today in class I burned through my phone battery talking to him on gchat :3:

I found the recipe for a meatball dish I loved growing up. I made it for a friend's birthday potluck and it was a huge hit! So I made it again for myself; I'll have enough to have it for lunch all week.

Meatballs notwithstanding, I've lost ten pounds in the past few weeks.

I got my first two mortuary school quizzes back- both 100%!

I had an interview at a local Jewish funeral home last week; I won't know until the end of this week if I get the job (owner's out of town), but he said it looks good for me. Since I am a non-Jewish female, there's not much I'll be able to do besides stand around and tell people where to sit, answer phones, and be a general gofer (death certificates to and from the registrar, flowers, etc). I would be paid $13 an hour for this, which is about $5 more than I was expecting. This one is also MUCH closer to my house than the other one I interviewed at- only 5 minutes from school, or 15 from the house.

Everything's coming up Sex Hobbit!

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Apr 3, 2012

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The date I mentioned in my last post went amazingly :3: :swoon:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I have a job interview tomorrow... it's not a funeral home job like I wanted (remember how earlier in this thread, I was mad stoked to be done with Starbucks?... yeah, about that...), but a job is a job and it looks like cool people work there. Plus, it's super close where the guy I'm seeing works! :3:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Renewed my driver's license (after much red tape and hassle owing to my recent move), registered to vote, and became an organ donor all in one fell swoop :toot: Also I have a new credit card with a big fat limit coming my way! My birthday is Monday, but we're going out for sushi on Saturday so my sister can go too.

And I'm seeing Cute OKCupid Boy on Friday after work :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Today's my 26th birthday and in old lady fashion I changed into my jammies right after I got home from school and have no intention of leaving the house tonight, or even really my gooncave of a room, except maybe to get Panda Express. But tomorrow I do have Date #3 with the same guy I've been seeing!

Awesome.