Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I'm on week three of my month trial at a local Curves (ladies-only gym), looking to tone things up a bit. I'm not sure if it's helping but I sure feel a hell of a lot better about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I went to a nice wedding over the weekend and got my first paycheck for my design work :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I discovered a delicious thing: white rice + cinnamon sugar.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
It was my only remaining grandpa's 80th birthday today! :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I love Huskies and Malamutes, but big dogs aren't ever going to be something that I can have. One day I was thinking, "Man I wish they made those in small sizes". Turns out they do! And there's a breeder one state over! I can finally have my dream dog :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Klee Kai? Check for rescues; a couple I'm friends with adopted one from a rescue and he is the sweetest dog. :3:

Oh, right! I forgot about those. When it comes time to get my doggie I'll be sure to check around :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I have an interview on Friday! It's my first in months. It's only a summer internship but at least maybe I'll make some money :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I had an interview today. It's just for a summer internship but I feel really good about it :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I fed baby ducks some bread out of my hand at the park today! :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend just landed a really awesome job with a high-ranking Fortune 500 company. He'll be making almost quadruple the amount he was making at his old job, and he's up for at least a 10% raise every six months. He has to go several states away to train for two months, and that'll be sad 'cause I'll miss him lots, but this is such an amazing opportunity for him. I'm so happy :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Brace posted:

Mind giving us a little more detail on this? Sounds awesome.

He graduated maybe a month ago from the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor degree in networking (or something similar, he changed majors a lot), and his now-boss knew he wanted him hired within five minutes of talking to him over the phone. The company is called EMC. I hadn't really heard of them until recently, but apparently they play with the tech big boys like Microsoft, Apple, and Cisco. His job is going to be driving out to companies that buy their software and getting it all set up for them. When he isn't doing that, he doesn't even have to come into the office, just keep in communication via emails or whatever. This is pretty much his ideal job. Also the company is going to pay for his masters degree.

His boss is really awesome too. He's a kindly old Thai man who treats his employees like family. I'm even going to get to fly out to the training location (Boston, MA) to visit my boy on his dime some time within the two month training period so we don't have to be separated as long :3:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Jul 13, 2011

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I'm doing some freelance design work for Kroger! Going from having no work to doing some for a big company like that makes me feel pretty :dance:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
A few days late on this, but I got to fly out to visit my boyfriend (who is away job training in a different state for two months) for the last three weeks. I stayed in his hotel room and every day when he came home we got to cuddle and go to sleep together every night :3:

I also got to go whale watching while I was there. :)

I'm home now and it's taking some getting used to not seeing him every day... but at least he'll be home in a few weeks!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I can't remember if I mentioned already, but my boyfriend is home from his two months away job training, and because he only does real, actual go-out-and-do-stuff work for a few hours a day, he has more time to spend with me. :3: He's also living at home with his parents while he looks for a new apartment so he's right down the street all the time, at least for a little while.

I finally finished a design job I've been doing for Kroger after on and off correspondence for over two months. I feel like I should bill them again for all the grief they've put me through, but really I'm just glad to be finished. Feels good.

Also I have an interview at a photo studio next Wednesday :)

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend just got an entirely new bedset, including some sort of awesome new foam mattress. Saturday is the day a good friend I haven't seen in months is hosting a Doctor Who theme party.

So Saturday I get to:
watch one of my favorite shows with a roomful of my favorite people all day
sleep in an awesome bed with my love :3:

Saturday get here faster please!

EDIT: That didn't happen today, so actual content -- My Droid Incredible is rooted now :)

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 09:12 on Nov 17, 2011

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I slept on a memory foam mattress for the first time last night. It was amazing.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend gave me part of my Christmas/birthday gift early: a hard drive upgrade for my Macbook Pro, from 250GB (a nice chunk of that was for Bootcamp though, so I had even less space than that to work with) to 500GB. Spent a few hours installing it and cloning my old hard drive onto it, and he got me a cute little casing to put my old drive in so I can still use it for external storage.

That boy sure knows the way to my heart :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Finally got around to seeing a new episode of my favorite show (which hasn't had a new episode in a year, more or less), and I was on the edge of a scream the whole time because everything about it was perfect.

EDIT: Just found out my boyfriend gifted me a copy of Portal 2 on Steam :3:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Jan 3, 2012

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Vigilante Banana posted:

You're talking about Sherlock, aren't you? Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock :3:

Yessss, and nobody in real life understands my love for this show... but I think I'm slowly getting my boyfriend interested in it. He said he was going to go home and watch series 1 tonight and then we can (re)watch A Scandal in Belgravia together :swoon:

Content: Got a late birthday gift from said boyfriend's mum and also got to keep the last half of the cake a friend made for our little New Year's party. Yum.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I think I've reached the end of my cold, and I'm going to play LASER TAG with some friends I haven't seen in forever!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Got a new screen protector for my phone after the underbelly of my car seat shredded the other one, and I managed to put it on perfectly.

The coffee creamer I opened today is amazing and I've been putting it in basically everything. (International Delight Hershey's Chocolate Caramel.)

My boyfriend surprised me with ~$30 of teas he bought me on his week-long business trip to Boston and we spent an awesome weekend of cuddling and movie watching :3:

edit: Oh, and I have an interview at a place tomorrow after not having a job for over a year. It's for the local Tim Horton's. Not the design position I've been hoping for, but I will take anything at this point. Might even be fun, who knows!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I didn't get to post about it yesterday, but I finally landed a job. It's nothing exciting, just a 3rd shift position at the local Tim Horton's, but I've really, really missed having spending money. I've been frugal as gently caress for a long time, only treating myself to things when I've managed to get freelance work. Now I'll be able to buy myself stuff without feeling guilty about it and worrying when the next time I'll be able to earn that money back will be.

Content for today: My boyfriend stopped by this evening for hugs and cuddles and a promise that we'd do something fun and exciting to belatedly celebrate Valentine's day this weekend. I didn't think I'd see him at all this week, so it was a really nice surprise :3:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 06:48 on Feb 15, 2012

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I got my first paycheck at my new job. It wasn't much, but it feels good to have spending money again. I rewarded myself with a PS3 Mini (1000 Tiny Claws :3:).

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I played my Nintendo 64 for the first time in what feels like ages :3: It was so awesome. I also beat a water level, and everybody knows how much those suck.

One of these days I will actually finish Banjo-Tooie, I swear.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I know exactly what I'm getting my boyfriend for his birthday and my insides go all warm and bubbly when I think about how much he's going to love it :3:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend and I have a mutual friend who works at a big movie theatre, and after hours he hooked up a Bluray player to one of the projectors and the three of us watched Jurassic Park on the big screen :black101:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Did you know there are pumpkin pie flavoured Poptarts? Oh my god you guys.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I got to see some relatives I hadn't seen in over a year because my family was celebrating my brother getting his auto mechanic degree today. My awesome Russian aunt showed me pictures of an alpaca farm she visited recently and said that the next time she and my uncle went they would take me along :3: Alpacas!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
A really awesome couple my boyfriend and I met while he was away for job training last year want to have us over to their home (on the other side of the country) for a week or so during the holidays :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I hacked Google Wallet onto my device which isn't meant to have it because of stupid carrier restrictions and I feel like a bad rear end. I've also been re-reading my favourite book :)