Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I saw John Oliver do stand up at my university Friday night. I was in the second row, and the lights at one point reflected off my safety green work shirt and nearly blinded him. He had me stand up for the crowd to see how bright my shirt was and said I was "either the most confident man in the world, or dead inside". I took it as a compliment, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was getting a bunch of bitchy calls at my campus tech support job today, but then motherfucking Eboo Patel called to get his laptop working on our network, and he was super patient and nice. Totally made up for the rest of the calls and then some.

EDIT: Oh, and my roomie found an apartment for $1200 a month, 2 bedroom, 5 closets, 1 bathroom, full kitchen, dining room, living room w/fireplace and sun room, recently remodeled. We're splitting it between four people too, so it should be super cheap.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Apr 18, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Fun Times! posted:

Sharing bedrooms. :barf:

$300 a month rent negates any non-awesomeness of bedroom sharing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My friends and I got bored and decided to try planking. It turned out to be uber fun.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
When talking to my therapist about my depression, he noticed some things that he thought indicated ADD and told my psych. My psych asked me some questions and then agreed. I'm now taking medicine for it, and holy crap, even though I never noticed I was focusing badly before, being able to focus on something for a long period of time is a godsend. Using this newly found ability to focus, while I was being driven home from a foot surgery today, I just looked straight ahead at the road the entire time, something I've never done before. Because I was focusing so intently on the road, I managed to stop the driver from running over a little herd of baby ducklings. :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One guy I used to hang out with got arrested for beating his mother and brother a few months back. Needless to say I no longer hang out with him. However, we never bothered unfriending on Facebook, where he has his cell phone number.

I plead the fifth as to how this happened, but seeing that status made my day.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just won two Matisyahu tickets by answering the trivia question "Who's(sp) front yard eventually became Arlington Cemetery????" on Facebook. I didn't even need to look it up, because I am a history geek.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Thomas Jefferson?

Robert E Lee. It was basically some Union officer pulling the most hilarious dick move in US military history after capturing it while Lee was off fighting in the deep South.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Evil Dead 4 was announced with Bruce Campbell as Ash. It's like a Christmas miracle! :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Got a US Spotify account. :toot:

EDIT: And I just found out that Yes and Queensryche just released new albums within the last month because of it, then listened to them for free, completely legally. This owns.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Jul 15, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

October Revolution posted:

- Didn't have class today.
- Walked around campus with one of my dormmates and a guy across the hall.
- Went swimming in the dorm's lazy river with my other two dormmates.
- Made some people laugh with my blood cell/lazy river analogy.

Your dorm has a lazy river?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm a History major who wants to work at a museum for a living, who lives in a small farm town with only 2 years IT for work experience, and have had no luck finding a job all summer. Opened the paper today and found an opening at a town museum two towns over looking for History majors with computer experience.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Spaticus posted:

My mom found out that she was wrongfully terminated at her old job, and is going to sue them for it. See you in court, assholes.

Good luck with that. My dad used to be the union rep for the auto shop he worked at, so I've seen a few lawsuits over that kind of stuff. The company lawyer should back down if it's super clear cut, which actually happened to my dad when they tried to fire him for being too active in the union(basically they came up with bullshit reasons that would never hold up in court to try to scare him away, like equipment the shop was under contract to maintain breaking down), but if it's not, it'll be a hard fight. Make sure she knows the contract inside out.

C-Euro posted:

I had always wondered where that line was from, and now that I've seen this...I still don't know.

It's called The Enigma of Amigara Fault. It's a horror manga by Junji Ito. He's pretty good even if you don't like manga/anime. Think of him like John Carpenter/Evil Dead-era Raimi.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Finally off the lease at my old apartment. No more paying 300 a month for an apartment I wasn't using so it wouldn't kill my credit.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Got an interview for the museum position!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

One Sick Puppy posted:

I just saw Buckethead live at the Georgia Theatre.

Holy poo poo it was so loving amazing.

I saw him in Chicago a year or two ago, it was fan-loving-tastic, I'd love to do it again. This guy opened, he was killer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJTopSoxSs0

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Listening to a live stream of the LA Philharmonic season opener. Rhapsody in Blue with Herbie Hancock on piano! :w00t:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The new spoken word cover album by William Shatner with an insanely amazing list of featured musicians is out today. Highlights include Ritchie Blackmore on Space Oddity, Steve Hillage on Rocket Man, Bootsy Collins on She Blinded Me With Science, John Wetton on Bohemian Rhapsody and Zakk Wylde on Iron Man. :iia:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I finally figured out what game I want to LP for the Let's Play subforum. I've wanted to play a game, but I didn't want to just play any ol' game because that defeats the purpose of it, but while digging through my Playstation 2 collection I found an old favorite so I've dusted the console off and got a capture card thingerbobber coming in from Amazon. Can't wait to get started on this :3:

What game? I'd like to LP some of my PS2 games since I just got them in the past year, but I don't have the PS2 anymore(and I wouldn't be interesting enough probably :p). I think SMT:DS2, Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy might be fun to do if I get access to a PS2 again though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Last night a deer jumped out of a cornfield onto my car, but since I was able to brake quickly it only smashed a headlight. It ran away apparently uninjured, I was completely fine, and the headlight was the one I was planning on replacing anyways since the plastic cover was fogged up. :toot: Mad skills yo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The Jumpoff posted:

My day was awesome because I went and saw John Oliver live, and it was drat near the funniest experience of my life. My jaw hasn't hurt this much since ever.

He really is fantastic, I want to see him again so badly. I wonder if he'll remember me as the guy who accidentally blinded him with their shirt.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Crowley posted:

Are mix CDs like mixtapes? (if it is she has the hots for you. :3: )

Mix CDs are like mixtapes except way less personal since they're much cheaper, you can fit way more music and they take so much less time and effort to make. Back before MP3 players became big, my friends and I made mix CDs for each other all the time since it was a shitload easier than just giving all our CDs to each other.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I turned on Spotify, and holy poo poo, the front page of new releases had the deluxe box set of the Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys. Day made.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Roger Waters' The Wall Live tour is hitting Chicago 2 days after my birthday, and my parents got me a ticket that's gonna be my 21st birthday present. So pumped.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Oh Hell No posted:

16% curve on our last bio exam. I knew taking an early morning class that no one else ever shows up to would pay off someday.

Curves rule. I once got a 76% on a quiz and was freaking out about the C, but it turned out that 76 was the highest in the class and there was a ~35% curve. :hellyeah:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Found out I still have JSTOR access, which is immensely helpful for my paper for my bat poo poo Art History teacher who thinks a 10-20 page paper with a minimum of 10 sources is reasonable for Art 103 at a community college. I had more lax term papers in 300 level History courses, holy poo poo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Seconding your second one, but in an hour instead of Tuesday.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Renegade Ops plus both DLC packs for $3. :black101: :rock:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

MongolArcher posted:

Tried on my size 16-18 slacks today and they fit!!!!!!! :D I was a size 20-22 around Halloween, so this is totally wonderful and amazing.

High five weight loss buddy. My pants that were tight when I bought them earlier this year fall down without me moving if I don't wear a belt now. It does feel totally awesome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Mint Meltaways... *drools*

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's glorious:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Today was awesome because My Now fiance said yes :)

Congrats!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My crazy Chinese professor from last semester got replaced for the second semester of the class! :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Helped a friend move today. As thanks they handed me gas money and an unopened Voodoo3 2000 video card. The suckers from 1998, and hasn't ever been touched. So cool.

Awesome. My friend has a TI-99/4A. I want to steal it so bad every time I see it.

Had a date tonight, we chilled at my place and went to a local Mexican restaurant, it went really well. :)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just found out Billy Bragg and Wilco did an album together a while ago. So awesome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My new semester starts tomorrow. All Tuesday/Thursday classes. Hello four day weekend every weekend.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My shower was the perfect temperature, 93.1 was great on the drive to school(The Black Keys, Jimmi Hendrix and Blondie <3), and my first three classee are all in rooms right next to each other with no breaks between.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cup of Hemlock posted:

That's not 93.1 JACK FM by any chance, is it?

Nope, 93.1 WXRT out of Chicago.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Lady of the Beech posted:

Jan 18 2012
- first day of my Western Traditions before 1400 class, and it's shaping up to be interesting! I'm disappointed by the lack of oral societies on the syllabus, but that is to be expected.

Not sure how I should feel about "having writing" being part of the definition of a civilization. Somehow, it feels very limiting.

It's not a great definition, but for a lower level class it's fine, especially if it's only covering Western civilizations.

As for me, I'm making good progress in the game I'm playing and I think I might start going steady with the girl I've had a few dates with recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Karajan, cheese and crackers and a four day weekend. :hellyeah: