Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My grandparents were abusive to my mom to the point where she ran away from home and was emancipated at 16. They were rich, so my uncle got everything handed to him on a silver platter, whereas my mom worked her way through an MBA. My family has always been relatively poor compared to his. My grandfather died a few years ago, and my grandmother is dying now. My mom has been going down to Florida for a week every other month to assist her while my uncle visits for a couple days a year, and by a couple days I mean he visits her for five minutes and then hits the beach. My uncle is getting just enough in inheritance to not completely crash and burn from his bankruptcy(he started a business on a personal loan :doh:), and my mom is getting enough to pay off our mortgage, my mom's best friend's(Who is in major debt due to the death of her husband) mortgage and enough to help finish sending me through college. You were a terrible person up until almost the very end, but thanks Grandma. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My hard drive managed to hang in there over the weekend, new one comes in tomorrow morning. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
And now my computer no longer sounds like grinding death whenever I turn it on. Hurrah!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Had breaded raviolis for lunch, yum.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Take a class on pop culture history if you can. The Mexican Revolution in the Popular Imagination is probably one of the most fun and informative classes I've ever taken. We opened up the class by listening to Rage Against The Machine and it introduced me to the absolutely amazing author Carlos Fuentes.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just found out WebOS is going totally Open Source in September. Definitely gonna turn my Pixi into a PDA, since I'll have a new phone by then. Not as good as it surviving as an OS actually used on new phones, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get after HP hosed it up hardcore.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My only homework for this four day weekend is reading The Epic of Gilgamesh, which I've done multiple times before including two weeks ago for a different class. So in other words, four day weekend with no work to do. :hellyeah:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I found out there's going to be a Seaman game for the 3DS. I can die happy.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

his wife. It was almost kinda :3:

Then you realize he was just sucking her soul into his phylactery.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got my ticket to see Behemoth and Watain up in Chicago in April... for an assignment for a humanities class. It's Metalcational! :rock:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The mail person accidentally delivered my concert ticket to someone a few houses down the road, but instead of being a jackass and stealing it to resell, they walked it over to my house.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I finally installed some random weird German cop/racing game I picked up for a couple bucks a few years ago(Crash Time 2). It's actually fun in a really stupid way. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Cheese curds, yum.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Purged a quarter of my Facebook friends. Still leaves me with ~300, but it's a start.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've lost so much weight that I forgot to put my belt on and my pants fell down while I was mowing the law. They were tight when I got them at the beginning of the school year.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Tax refund came in! Yay having spare cash.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The person I was supposed to crash with after my concert friday hasn't been answering texts, but I was able to find a different friend to crash with with only last minute notice. Mosh pit here I come! \m/

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was close enough to the stage at the concert I went to tonight that I could almost touch Nergal when Behemoth went on(I didn't because I'm not an rear end though).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Sprint randomly shipped my new phone next day instead of standard shipping, but didn't charge for it. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I woke up late and my printer didn't work, but I still got to my first class in time and had enough time to print my paper in the library between class. :hellyeah:

EDIT: Also Flixster is having a thing where you get three free movies, but what you get is random. I got the first Austin Powers, Blow and Michael Clayton. Good haul.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Apr 27, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My Incredibly Evil Plantar Warts From Hell should be gone in a month or two. At one point amputation of the infected toes was considered a real possibility, so I'll take 2 months of topical creams no problem.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

N. Senada posted:

That's funny, I did lose my pinkie toe to infection. Congrats on avoiding that sort of thing.

Sorry, that sucks. You never realize how awesome toes are until you're about to lose them.

I got $100 from my book buybacks. I only spent like $130, so I got most of my money back.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Vigilante Banana posted:

Desmond Tutu delivered the commencement speech at my university's graduation ceremony today, and I got to sit in the front row right next to the stage because I sang at the ceremony. He is so. Freaking. Cool.

Lucky. I did tech support for Eboo Patel once, but that's no where near as cool as Desmond motherfucking Tutu.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Avocados posted:

Just a drug test and background check away from getting my first job :buddy:

Smoke a joint to celebrate!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just realized I turn 21 in 12 days and that my Roger Waters concert is only 2 weeks away! First legal drink of alcohol AND Pink Floyd live just two days apart, poo poo is gonna be awesome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Was driving home kinda bored listening to the usually pretty lovely hard rock/metal station play Disturbed or something boring like that. Then Balls to the Wall by Accept came on. :rock:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got to watch a video of Dave Mustaine getting chased off stage by an angry rock throwing mob.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm going to be doing a Foreign Language program where I get a private tutor and do a total immersion dinner four nights a week(Can't speak in English for anything during it), and room with other people learning Chinese. It costs a grand total of $100 more a year over normal room and board.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I figured out the Xasthur logo all by myself. :D

Original:

Name highlighted poorly in MS Paint by me:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I hopped on Omegle to kill a few minutes and maybe troll some people, but I ended up making a new Facebook friend from Kazakhstan instead. Sometimes that site doesn't totally suck.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Saw Brave Friday night, played Munchkin with friends afterwards, went home, slept, woke up, then went to see a matinee of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which sucked way less than I expected it to. Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is still better though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

I kissed a girl :3:

But did you like it?

I got Skittles, which I don't have that often. Yum, Skittles. I also got my mom a really cute hummingbird feeder for her birthday.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got my friend whose parents never let her get a video game system when she was growing up Magicka on Steam, now she's addicted and we're playing games co-op together. :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I finally got my room mate less than a month before school starts. He's a total dork too and we even already have mutual friends. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My friend asked me if I wanted his red ringed 360 for free, so I took it and I fixed it by opening it up, reseating the GPU and putting new thermal paste on. :toot: Free 360 bitches.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One of my textbooks for this semester is literally just called "Killing Civilians". It's the most gloriously hilarious out of context title ever. :911:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One of my friends who was abused as a child and has trouble opening up said she's really comfortable talking to me about pretty much anything. It made me feel good that my friends trust me and are able to open up to me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cup of Hemlock posted:

It gon' rain!

I love the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk42M2L-VC8

I found my Kindle charger today. Finally!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Played Magic: The Gathering with a bunch of friends with a deck I haven't touched in a couple years. Got out a Panoptic Mirror plus Temporal Extortion combo on turn 6. No one was running counter spells or a burn deck. Infinite turns unless someone pays half their life rounded up. Then it happens again my next normal turn. So much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My American History professor is hilarious and he's using MS Paint to explain the Revolutionary War while doing a John Madden impression.