Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I found the greatest wine ever. Just the fact that this exists made my day better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was finally able to refill my ADHD meds after my doctor messed up on my prescription. Yaaaaaaaaaay concentrating.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Got a really nice schedule with only one class on MWF from 3:00-3:50 next semester, and all my classes rock.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I randomly crafted my valueless hats together and got 2 miscs and a hat I wanted in TF2.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Watching all the people who are bitter as gently caress about NIU being in the Orange Bowl is providing poo poo tons of entertainment, possibly more so than actually watching the bowl.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Al Jazeera bought out Current TV and is using it to launch an American branch. :w00t:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have to play video games for a paper in a 300 level History course worth 50% of my grade.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My plantar warts are gone after 5 years of being pure unmitigated evil. Going from my right big toe almost needing to be amputated to completely clear feet is so relieving.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My only class today was cancelled due to snow. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

CommanderCoffee posted:

On Friday, I was useful in helping my boss set up for an open house museum exhibit. He needed skeletons to show off to the public, so after he got the dogs and monkeys set up, I suggested a platypus and a cat. He loved it. I love museums.

Between that and my awesome Public History class, I can't wait to actually start working in museums. I'm also doing a project stretching between two classes this semester on the historical impact of the Battle of Blair Mountain and why it seems to be missing from the national historical memory, and hopefully one of my professors will be publishing part of my work in a project she's doing and giving me proper credit for my contributions. I finally feel like I'm actually moving towards a career in History.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

platedlizard posted:

I finished The Lonely War which turned out to be pretty good, and learned how to make whiskey sours without ice (because I'm out of ice). Good whiskey apparently helps a lot.

Taking advice from Kelly I see.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Sean_Miller posted:

Bad rear end phone sex too bad I nut all over myself.

edit: who the gently caress gave me this avatar

Better question: How does a dog use a phone?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I get to go see Pedro Páramo performed by Teatro Buendía at the Goodman Theater and take part in a Q&A session with the director afterwords, all for free.

EDIT: It was amazing. I <3 magical realism so much.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Mar 24, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got a B on my Chinese exam. :toot:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm making microwave taquitos at 4:30 in the morning in the middle of a thunderstorm. YOLO.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was right up next to the stage for Napalm Death tonight and they played a bunch of classics like Scum, Suffer The Children, You Suffer and their cover of Nazi Punks gently caress Off, which everyone was singing along to. It owned so hard.

EDIT: It was either singing along, or my ears echoing, one of the two.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 09:26 on May 29, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Esmerelda posted:

Bought a brand new, stupidly large for our needs TV yesterday. I was up until 1am playing video games because video games on a stupidly large TV are awesome.

Amnesia on a 40" HDTV, old school wood cabinet speakers, gaming PC with settings cranked up to max at 1080p, midnight with all other lights off. It's the best loving thing ever.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The writer of one of my favorite comic strips wished me happy birthday on Facebook. :dance:

Oh yeah, and it's my birthday!

EDIT: And I have a job interview on Monday!

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Jun 7, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got the job. It's just back room work at Target, but money is money.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Cold pizza at 2 am for breakfast, wooooooooo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Someone at work dropped a jar of deep red pasta sauce less than half a foot away from me while I was kneeling on the ground and absolutely none of it got on me or my khakis, meaning I don't have to redo my laundry I just did yesterday.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I won a free copy of the new XCOM shooter from 2K. :toot: Alien shooting here I come.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The monthly LAN party I got to was Call of Duty: United Offensive this time so I only had to bring my netbook and a wireless mouse instead of dragging my gaming desktop over. Also, UO is loving awesome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Celery Face posted:

Yesterday, our school did an annual food drive (that the local food bank really depends on) with the usual goal of getting 10000 food items. I found out today that we got about 19600, a new personal record. It's also awesome because last year, we ended up getting 8000 because hardly anyone showed up.

One of my old universities forgave your library late fees if you brought in food donations instead. It's a really, really effective method of getting lots of food.

As for why I'm excited, I finally get to put up my A Christmas Story leg lamp. :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got two months forbearance on my student loans!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Parmesan-Garlic kettle chips.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Shoulda done more, even 4 is pushing it these days. I know I'm moving up from 4 as soon as I can afford it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I did a Magic draft at my town's new card shop tonight and the guy's payment processor went down right before I paid so he agreed to let me pay after. I drafted a Windswept Heath, and paid for the draft with it when we were done. So I basically got a new deck for free.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My work had a taco bar catered from a local Mexican restaurant for breakfast today. I don't understand what a taco bar has to do with breakfast, let alone Christmas breakfast, but gently caress it man, free tacos!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm moving to a new position at my store that's more than likely going to be full time rather than part time, and even if it's not it'll ~30-35 hours a week.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got an old brass Guatemalan 1 Centavo coin at work today that someone slipped into a bunch of pennies. It's not worth anything, but I don't get foreign coins very often in bumfuck nowhere Illinois and it has the rad as gently caress Bishop Bartolomé de las Casas on it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Had a super boring week that included going to the dentist, doing my taxes, driving my mom around to do errands since she broke her shoulder, changing the brake pads on my car, etc. Ended it last night by driving a few towns over to see Get Out at the fancy theater with big comfy chairs and poo poo instead of the local run down theater, and it completely made up for the rest of the week being boring as poo poo. Great movie, great audience that never interrupted to make stupid jokes and poo poo, no technical difficulties like the other theater I mentioned earlier always has, just movie bliss.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

oldpainless posted:

My new job offers medical dental and vision for 17 dollars a month

More like oldpainless. Wait...

I've finally gotten off my rear end/over my depression fueled apathy and started working out to lose some weight. Just doing basic exercises at home since I don't have the money for a gym membership, but progress is progress.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I had my first Icee of the spring today. Blue Raspberry + Cherry + Coke. Mmmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The only theater in my town was an independent one, and it started going downhill to the point it was about to close. Another small localish chain of about 4 or 5 theaters took it over and remodeled it, and now it's a lot nicer(leather electric recliners!) and still way cheaper than a big chain place.