Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I've been dealing with the issue of a broken caliper pin socket. Caliper pin is supposed to screw in, but with the socket broken, it can't screw in, and falls off, and my brake caliper grinds against the inside of the wheel.

I found out half the equation, in the form of a 3/8 1.5 inch long bolt, which can pass through the ring that's supposed to hold the caliper pin and fits into the broken socket to hold the caliper in place... but there's no room for a nut at the end of the bolt. I had the idea of using a lock nut with a flared base, turned backwards so the base stuck out of the ring to keep it from slipping through the ring, but the flared base wasn't flared enough and it slipped out while I was driving.

So I've been puzzling and puzzling over what I could put in there that would have a base large enough to not slip through the ring, yet that would allow the 3/8 bolt to screw through into the broken caliper pin socket... that would fit in the 1/4 inch space between the ring and caliper socket...

Then I found the wonder that is the T nut:

Had to break off those four barbs on it, but it's like it was made for exactly what I need! I'd like to see that bolt slide out now! :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Fixed an oil leak that suddenly started in my truck. Found the oil (valve?) covers on my engine were a bit loose and oil was leaking through the gasket. Tightened them up and leak fixed!

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
For being the day the world was supposed to end, I had a pretty good day! The highlight was replacing the brake calipers and pads on my truck, and apparently not loving it up at all despite no previous experience!

Heard a good song on the radio too. Bonus.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

e: I discovered a few days ago that I love my girlfriend so I told her, and she loves me too. I'm so happy all the time now!

Aww good for you!

My day is awesome because my paycheck cleared and I have money again.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

It was great to not have to listen to Nickleback or Hinder or Skillet at all today.

Hah! Another Nickelback hater. I can't stand them either. Don't know why, just can't. Skillet, eh I like one song of theirs.

This morning I fixed a coworkers laptop in 5 minutes by pulling the battery and forcing it to reboot. I love it when the fix is quick and easy.