Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I hung out a work aquaintance's place for the first time. He lives with his father, who was there with some friends who are all life-long musicians and play in a popular house band here in Tampa.
I jammed with them for a few hours and they were genuinely impressed, which felt awesome, and now they want me to join their group, which kicks even more rear end. I've been looking to play some music down here, and now I've stumbled upon a solid group with a steady gig schedule.
gently caress:rock:yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
My lawyer is out of town, so I had to meet with his legal assistant who is loving awesome and straightened out in one hour what has so far taken the lawyer a month.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
First day at a new job that I can already tell is going to kick rear end.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I thought I was waking up to a house with no food, but I found some rice in the cupboard! :slick: GET DOWN

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Just recieved state approval for my criminal record to be expunged! :dance::slick::snoop::sonia:
Also, the world didn't end.:toot:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
About to leave for the first metal show I've been to in ages. Seems like I've missed so much good live music in my chonic poorness, but I'm finally getting back into it.

Also, a first date with a girl who likes craft beer with her metal. A beautiful mix, I must say. :black101:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I was told by someone who looks good naked that I look good naked, too. I'm going to hang out and be naked for most of the morning. naked.

naked.

VVV See? Everyone is enjoying nakedness. VVV

Reset_Smith has a new favorite as of 17:56 on May 23, 2011

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I'm the young guy at the office, so everyone assumes that I'm also a computer programmer. This image has been upheld mainly because the problems they've had are simple "old person vs. technology" issues, that I can easily handle.
Today, however, they threw something at me that I had absolutely no clue how to deal with. I took a complete shot in the dark with people looking over my shoulder, but I somehow guessed correctly and fixed the insurmountable problem.
I am a machine-god to these people now.:smug:

Also, because the guy in the next office is old, he grunts loudly whenever he stands up from his desk, so I have a reliable warning signal for when I need to hide the book I'm reading.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
My best friend finally had her baby. She's the last of my current close group of friends to have a child; with the exception of myself, that is.
I am now the unofficial uncle of five different children.

madpanda posted:

Haven't exercised outside since high school (15 years), bought a bicycle last week, put almost 40 miles on it so far.
That's awesome! Keep it up.
I've found that the best way to ensure compliance is to work it in as a necessity. For example: I live 3 miles from work, and work is 2 miles from a grocery store. If I bike to work, and then to the store for lunch, I have a built-in 10 miles per day, 5 days per week, without the option of lazying out. Of course, not everyone has such convenient distances to work with, but there are plenty of other ways. Like, make it a rule that any time you pick up some new music, you can only give it its inaugural listen while biking. Or make your grocery trips bike-only, buying only what you can fit in your backpack. Whatever works for you :)

Reset_Smith has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Aug 21, 2011

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, and Tesseract, tonight! :rock:
I am preemptively declaring my day to be awesome, as I'll be far too drunk to say it afterward.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!

Alternative pants posted:

I second the motion that this will be awesome.

My boss just scored me a free ticket :slick:GET THE gently caress DOWN:slick:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I didn't win the football pool, but my boss did, and he bought me a steak :chef:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
It's a really nice day, so this morning I rode my bike to the beach and explored some wooded cove areas.
I also found a wrecked boat. It was full of crabs.

Just poured a 7&7 and getting ready to BBQ. :cheers:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
For an end-of-the-year gift, my boss bought me a gallon jug of Cigar City Jai Alai!

This is my favorite IPA, and now I have 128oz of it. Happy loving new year, everyone :cheers:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Apparently, I was supposed to die on Saturday. The FBI foiled a terrorist plot here in Tampa, and it appears that the intended target was the bar I was at that night. Here's the affidavit which states that after purchasing an assault rifle, uzis, grenades, a carbomb and a suicide vest from an undercover agent (all items were secretly inoperable) his stated target was an unnamed Irish pub with all night music. There are only three Irish pubs in that area. Only two have live music. Only one is consistently packed on Saturday nights. That's where I was. I'm alive. My day is awesome.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I haven't slept much in the past few weeks. This morning, I summoned the courage to roll over and get another 8 hours of sleep.
It's 2:30PM and I'm just getting up. :feelsgood:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Finally got my gas turned on. I haven't had hot water or heating for two months. Just had the most luxurious shave ever.
I don't have enough money to pay my cable bill now, but I have things that I can sell before that's due.
Here's to getting by :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
My puppy is a rescue; the runt of a litter in an abusive household. He's never gone further than two or three houses down my street without being terrified and lying down, crying. Today, he made it almost all the way down the block! He even played with a neighbor's dog without getting overly weird.

Good boy, Omar!