Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
It's 9.20am here and I already have high hopes for today.

Drank a bottle of wine last night for 'date night' with the boyfriend (which was also very nice) and woke up without a trace of hangover. Going to spend the day pottering around the apartment drinking tea made in the teapot he got me for Christmas and maybe do a little painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Amorphous Blob posted:

The 25 pounds I lost were found by my ex :toot:

I am a bitter and lonely man

I think I might have accidentally stumbled across a couple of these in the last few months.

My day was awesome because I've been worried as hell about getting some blood test results back which might explain why I've been so exhausted recently and put on some weight, amongst other things, but today I got my rear end back in the gym after more than a week off. It doesn't matter if there's a medical reason for it, I'm getting back in the correct mindset. gently caress you fat.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
Started my new job today, which in itself wasn't that much fun, but it's nice to be doing something with my days and earning money again. Also completed a week of really strict dieting despite being surrounding by tons of bad food in work and having to go out of my way to get something healthy as a snack, then came home and had plenty of energy to do my chores and make a healthy dinner, which is something that never happened at my old job. This bodes well for me since I plan on going to the gym after work from now on.

I just feel pleased that:
1) I have a job / money now
2) My job doesn't suck rear end
3) My willpower is remaining strong, and
4) I'm not letting work and exhaustion loom over me and dominate my life.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Two Head Knight posted:

^^^ That's awesome about the raise!

I hit 100 e-books sold today, and managed to publish my 4th e-book on Amazon :toot:.

I've always wanted to be an author, and it feels awesome to be actively pursuing my goals instead of resigning myself to sitting in a cubicle for the next 40 years. Woot, woot!

I couldn't be happier about how my foray into indie publishing is going :3:.

e: spelling and stuff.

Got any links? Or an idea of what the books are about?

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Vigilante Banana posted:

I just made some loving rainbow cupcakes for my friend's birthday. I'm going to drive out to her place and then we are going to watch TV and eat loving RAINBOW CUPCAKES.

I'm just really excited about the cupcakes you guys.

When I first heard about rainbow cakes I couldn't sit still I was so excited. I have the day (and week) off work and solved a hair colour dilemma which was starting to annoy me because I couldn't make my mind up about it and just stop fussing already.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Esmerelda posted:

When I accepted this promotion I thought it would be a nice opportunity but I didn't realize how nice. It's a lot of pressure and responsibility, sort of daunting when I think about it, but only in the best possible way.

A bit of responsibility can be a good thing in a job. Some of my best days at work have been when I've taken control of a situation and sorted it all out myself. Makes it less repetitive.

I just had a nice day at work, it's three weeks to the day until I leave to start my Postgrad and I'm having a quiet Friday night drink. Got a nice weekend planned, with just the right balance of doing stuff and lazing about.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
Today is my last day in my reasonably lame call centre job. The people are awesome and the work itself isn't anywhere near as crushing as inbound customer service would imply, but it's not what I want to be doing with my time at all. I'm going to start my postgrad training to become an English lecturer in two weeks and until then I'm gonna become the living personification of 'pottering about'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Celery Face posted:

Over four years ago, I had a loose tooth and when I tried to pull it out, only half of it did. A couple annoying days later, I took the other half out, leaving a tiny piece of it still in my mouth. I was too lazy to have the dentist get rid of it. Today, I was munching on some cheap hard candy and it came loose enough for me to pull out. :woop:

It's also kind of funny because a few minutes before it came loose, my dad told me that eating the hard candy would wreck my teeth.

Jesus Christ.

My day was awesome because I was busy and productive all day but felt full of energy so it didn't wear me out at all. Then I went out for delicious food and drinks with a friend. Just a good, solid day all round.