Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
It's payday and payday is always awesome!

Today I'm going to go home, pour myself some bourbon and watch hockey with my cat. No bills due, no place I have to be and it is my first night with my new bed where my sleep will not be interrupted by an alarm clock.

It's the simple things that make life so drat wonderful sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Woke up feeling great and a bit sore from yesterday's trip to the gym. Had time to make some eggs with feta and spinach, drank an awesome latte and this afternoon my sister is bringing her kids over to meet my cat and play with him until he just can't play anymore. She is also feeding me and I'm sure she'll bring me something that she thinks I'll need -- she always does and I love her for it.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got carded buying beer. I laughed at the guy because I thought he was just being polite -- he wasn't. He was serious and rather confused as to why I found him following the law amusing. Confusion gave way to embarrassment when he saw my license, I'm almost 37.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Up at 5am, had enough time to actually hug my cat before catching my bus -- he seemed pleased.

Hit the gym, pushed up my mileage a tiny big since I'm still working on IT band issues and didn't feel any pain at all. Then I played with the weights and was told as I was resting between sets that my shoulders are looking really good by one of the regulars I see all the time which made me feel rather smug since I sometimes think I'm the only one who notices.

I've finally adjusted what I eat and how much I eat so that I'm not exhausted by 11am on the days I work out. It's nice to not feel like I got ran over by a truck while knowing that I'm only doing good things for my health (by eating eggs... lots and lots of eggs!)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Last night I dyed my hair a very dark ruby red because I decided it suited my new short hair. All of the people who didn't say a drat thing or only said, "it's short" actually commented on how much it suits me and looks awesome. Even my family. So that felt pretty good.

It's payday.

I have nothing to do tonight. No plans whatsoever. On purpose. I get to go home, put on some pajamas and watch movies all night. No alarm clock in the morning, nothing that has to be done or tended to. Just me, netflix and my cat. It is going to be the best night :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Not just today, the past few days.

This is "birthday weekend" in my family. My mom's was Friday, my brother-in-law's is today and mine is tomorrow.

Friday we had burritos and cake, opened up presents etc. I got the book I want and $30 worth of quarters for my laundry :woop:

Yesterday was movie and dinner with my mom, we didn't start arguing once. Then I went out with a friend of mine, we roamed around and found a toy store where we proceeded to put on silly hats and be stupid. This was followed by bourbon served by the cutest bartender ever. Oh, and I was crowned scrabble champion for the day :)

Today I woke up around noon with my cat curled up with me purring away. I've made a yummy sandwich, have a big steak waiting for dinner and have absolutely nothing else to do.

Tomorrow it's free food and happy hour. Tuesday is free drinks. Wednesday is board games and food for another friend's birthday. Life is pretty awesome and I have some really great friends.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Big fat loving raise out of nowhere :dance:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today I finally wore clothes that didn't hide things that I personally am not fond of. And the response was favorable. Quite favorable in some instances. I've wavered between bashful and smug all drat day (and I sort of like that.)

And to top it off a very cute boy has been inquiring about my availability status. When I'm off work in about an hour I shall inform him of it myself. This weekend may turn out quite different than I had originally planned.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

sirbeefalot posted:

Can rehab patients receive mail, does anyone know? She said she can't talk to anyone while she's there, but I want to try and send letters as often as possible if I can.
This varies by facility. You should contact wherever she's going to be and find out what restrictions they have in place. Also they may have some information for you concerning the sort of treatment your mom will be undergoing or maybe a group or something for you to join that will help you understand the process.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Woke up, lifted heavy things, had a coffee and tonight I'm either meeting my best friend for a drink or going out with a cute boy.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
It is payday. This is my first paycheck with my new wage on it.

It is also barbeque day at work so free food.

And neither of my bosses are here.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Got the hair cut I was too much of a chicken to get last time and it looks very cute. Even if the ends keep curling. Which they're not supposed to do. Stupid curls, don't make me get a flat iron.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I get to take an extra long lunch which I am going to use to go get a chicken baguette at a Vietnamese place down the street before heading to my favorite coffee shop for some tea and book time. Then, perhaps, I may go visit the shop of a very cute boy I met this past weekend just because.

I am also defying the weather and wearing a cute sundress because I can and it looks great and gently caress the clouds.

And I get to interview my possible replacement today. I'm hoping she's a good fit because I really want to start my new responsibilities already.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I'm nearly done transferring my old duties to the person replacing me which leaves me time for my new duties that are far more interesting.

All my travel has been arranged for the trade show I'm attending next month which is awesome. I'm really not sure how this will go but I figure it's an experience I need to have. And if it's an experience that turns out beneficial for my company I'll be traveling more -- possibly out of the country.

When I accepted this promotion I thought it would be a nice opportunity but I didn't realize how nice. It's a lot of pressure and responsibility, sort of daunting when I think about it, but only in the best possible way.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I'm doing amazingly great at my new job, everyone is quite pleased.

I'm eating a free New York steak cooked perfectly medium rare with a nice crusty outside with grilled asparagus and a baked potato courtesy of my job.

I have plans for happy hour at 5pm.

Oh, and it's sunny with blue skies.

I like today.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Slept in until noon because I wasn't home until nearly 3am. Really, really awesome date with an adorable guy that I've known for months. It never occurred to me to actually pursue him at all because I'm apparently really bad at reading people. Fortunately life took a weird little turn and yesterday happened. I like yesterday. We're going to repeat yesterday. A lot. I foresee more awesome days in my future.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I went to get my normal morning americano and was told it was paid for by the very adorable guy I went out with on Friday. Now I can't stop smiling because that was an unexpected gesture. Even if it was a small one, it feels good when someone does something nice like that for you.

And work is going very well already! What I started on Friday has worked out in a big way. I'm very, very good at my new job for reasons that I don't fully understand, but I'm not complaining!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got home from the trade show I've been at since Saturday. I am exhausted. Mentally and physically just spent and I have to work tomorrow. Early.

But I got to see my kitties, who are awesome. I missed them. I also got to unpack my trinkets, which are goofy and useless but fun. Laundry is done, the house is clean and I don't have poo poo to do for the rest of the night.

I am watching pre-season hockey, eating a sandwich and drinking some gin in my pajamas at 5pm. I am enjoying my tiny bit of free time to its fullest and then I'm going to sleep.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Ran 5k for the first time in a long time without pain.

Did a very good thing for my job that will net us a lot of money.

Was given a very lovely compliment from a woman I see around the neighborhood.

After a couple of weeks of schedules that were just messed up beyond belief I was finally able to make plans with the guy I've been seeing for tonight. And for Sunday.

It is sunny and a bit crisp, the perfect fall day as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and it is taco truck Thursday!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today is beautiful. I love fall.

My life has been rather, uh, interesting over the past few weeks for various reasons and today looked like it was going to suck. Hard. Instead my friend bought me a coffee and gave me a big hug. The things that were going to make my day bad are still there but a random nice gesture from my friend makes up for it.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Free lunch for the office courtesy of my boss.

Going out for dinner then to see a movie with some friends tonight.

Making all my life decisions with a magic-8 ball today, so far it's gone well!

Seriously, I just woke up in an awesome mood and the day has been a lot of fun.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I got my new phone. It's my first ever smartphone and I've been having lots of fun with it. Okay, perhaps the people I've been texting haven't had such an awesome day but I warned them. The ability to link poo poo in text messages was one I should not possess.

It's a gorgeous fall day. I love fall, it is my favorite time of year.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I have a date on Friday. Two, actually, though the first is just a friend date. The guy I was dating at the end of the summer and I stopped being involved but we are good friends and we're having dinner. Then he is taking me to an as yet unnamed bar to meet a friend of his -- a friend that is apparently quite interested in me. From there my friend is going to leave us be and let us decide what we want to make of each other. I've never actually been on a blind date so this will be fun (or awkward or a total disaster -- whatever, it'll be interesting.)

I'm amused at how much work my friend has put into this. And it's awesome to find out that after the fun we had actually dating doesn't end just because we're no longer intimate.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My lunch was bought for me today as a thank you for showing a co-worker how to turn repeat off on his iphone. It was an awesome sandwich, hot and spicy and toasty and mmmmm... Now I get to spend my lunch hour wandering around in the beautiful fall weather, perhaps I'll have a cookie!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Met up with an old friend last night. I've slept a grand total of 4 hours -- last night went very well.

Heading out with my best friend. Going to eat yummy Mexican food then visit our favorite bartender. And tomorrow I have nothing to do and am planning on sleeping in.

I love weekends.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

CrackSpider posted:

I slept on a memory foam mattress for the first time last night. It was amazing.
The best purchase I ever made was my memory foam mattress. It is awesome.

I woke up covered in purring, cuddly cats this morning. Tonight I'm going to see Labyrinth with my best friend then we're going to eat tacos while I shamelessly (and pointlessly) hit on the bartender -- abject humiliation is good for the soul.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Two of the things I bought last weekend arrived today! I'm not using either of them but it was exciting to open the boxes.

Children of the Corn is streaming on Netflix and I'm going to watch it.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Today is my Friday because tomorrow the rest of my stuff is being delivered. And I still have 2 1/2 more days to burn before the end of the year because I can only carry over 40 hours.

I'm going out for happy hour with a really awesome friend of mine that I don't get to hang out with enough.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Sarah Barracuda posted:

Hello, perspective. Real love not only exists -- I'm privileged enough to be a product of it. Too often, I take this for granted.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Thanks for everything.
Awe, that's adorable :3:

I'm heading to see my best friend's new office tonight after work. He's so proud, it has a door and everything. Then we're going to eat celebratory tacos and gaze adoringly at a really hot bartender while drinking liquor of some sort. It's the simple things that make life awesome.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
This morning I got an out of the blue invite to dinner on Saturday. This has high potential for disaster but I'm going to go. If anything it'll be a good story later.

One of my good guy friend complimented me on the dress that I'm wearing. Then he gave me his friend's number and told me to wear the dress when I meet up with him. And to wear it this Saturday. Apparently the dress has magical powers or something.

My vacation for the end of the month was approved. Now I just need to figure out how to spend 3 weeks next year!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My friend is heading out of town for Christmas in a few hours. I ran into him this morning, he bought me coffee and gave me a hug. It was the perfect start to my morning.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I helped a few families find some new pets for Christmas. I'm especially happy about an older cat who is just starting to go into renal failure. His new family is perfect for him. They'll make sure that for however long his kidneys hold out he has a safe and happy home.

I spent some time with my family that didn't end in tears. And I even managed to get presents for my niece and nephew that they like.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I woke up without shooting pain going through my hip and my calf muscle in a spasm. I also woke up hungry instead of slightly nauseous due to being dizzy. And it's pay day.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My back doesn't hurt at all. It is snowing. I had peanut butter toast and cocoa for breakfast.

Sunday is my one day to do anything I want. No places to be or responsibilities. I love Sunday.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I was handed my W-2 form at 10:30 today and by 10:45 my return was filed. I'll be getting my refund/vacation fund in about a week and a half :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Nothing hurts. Not my back or my hip or anything. Today is the first day since the end of October that I can honestly say I'm feeling good physically.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I shut down my facebook page, deleted some contacts from my phone and have severed from some really frustrating situations. Tonight I'm going to buy new running shoes and the store I'm heading to has a pub run night. A pub run! Go running then get a drink? Sign me up :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I signed up for a street photography meet-up yesterday and I'm really looking forward to learning new stuff.

This morning I was up at 4:45 and went for a run. Only a mile but I'm working my way back up to where I was and it's a step in the right direction.

Now I'm awake, ready for work early and HUNGRY. Must get breakfast from the diner near my job. Mmmm, omelet.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Even more awesome stuff! The shelter I volunteer at sent out its report for January -- 130 animals were re-homed. That includes my favorite kitty and a dozen or so cats that were 10+ years old. It's hard at times dealing with people who suck and seeing animals mistreated but when they get their second chance... it feels awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Out of bed at 5am, ran a mile and a quarter, took a shower and even made my lunch with enough time left over to get a egg, bacon and cheese bagel with my coffee.

Today awesome because my IT band didn't twinge at all. And I ran the last quarter mile completely uphill (not up a slight grade, up a drat hill.) It sucked, of course, but I did it and next time it'll suck less. Eventually it won't suck at all. And that I can think of all of this in such a positive way really makes my day.