Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Today was the day I have met my girlfriend every week since we got together, almost four years ago. We broke up sunday, and I'm really honestly feeling good about it. I got some sushi, I talked to a few goons, and a pretty girl sent me a picture. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Raining while sunny, I am surrounded by rainbows. It is quite nice out, and I am making the first batch of sun tea for the year. I've got homemade tortillas warming for the eventual chicken tacos, and a good friend has informed me of a job opening that pays 12$ an hour watching movies. She's the manager.
It's been about a week and a half since I broke it off with my girlfriend of almost four years, and it's just honestly enjoyable doing what I want, going where I want.
Today I might turn my phone off and go for a hike, and now there's no one to bug me while I relax and enjoy life. For the first time in the past decade, I can say I am actually happy and feel good about life.
Be seeing you, Goons. :)

e:also I'm finally figuring out what I'm really into, and that is really quite freeing after such an abusive relationship.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I was told "I love you"

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Yesterday:
Talked to my grandparents for the first time in months
Went to see said grandparents
Applied to a machine shop
Had impromptu interview with machine shop owner
Was hired at machine shop

Today:
First day at machine shop
I work with an old Korean and a Puerto-Rican Bostonian
Got off of work to a slew of :3 worthy texts from the GF
First showerbeverage
Fixed my A/C in the truck so I don't bake on the way home

:D

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I smell like a nickel :3
it is my favorite smell

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Industrial solvent to the face! :toot: I get the weekend off gently caress you overtime!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

sirbeefalot posted:

So what was it? Hopefully not MEK or something in that range.

From looking up the product, it was xylene, toluene, benzene and MIK. this stuff. poo poo got up my nose and in my mouth, I started spewing everywhere Now it's all I can smell/taste, and my stomach is still hosed six ways to sunday. On the plus side, two days off of work wooo.

e: after looking that all up I think I'm lucky to be alive holy poo poo

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jun 18, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Did not get laid off. Got paid. Wooo hell yes.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Really hard day at work today was awesome because it re-affirmed that I will not be laid off this year. Celebratory blackberry-sage Gin&tonic. I make no apologies. Also going to a MSTRKRFT concert tomorrow with a good friend I thought I had lost. This week is loving awesome.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Really hard day at work today was awesome because it re-affirmed that I will not be laid off this year. Celebratory blackberry-sage Gin&tonic. I make no apologies. Also going to a MSTRKRFT concert tomorrow with a good friend I thought I had lost. This week is loving awesome.

Right before the concert I had an extremely cute waitress give me her number. Such a much needed confidence boost there, I'm starting to think I might actually be good looking!

e: oh and a super cute midget with a mohawk was eyefucking me for half the night. Yesterday rocked so hard.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 15:33 on Jul 2, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Might be moved to the part of the shop I want to work in, filled with rogues and layabouts and uncouth fools. Enjoying maker's mark, straight. So very smooth. Yes I know maker's is bland and smoothness is the whole point but I'm slowly inching into whiskey, having been a gin man for years. Also learning to like whiskey. Talking to the girlfriend. Setting up a "let's get drunk and play l4d" party sometime over the weekend, and I am going to make fucktons of homemade pizza for it. Good times.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Jul 12, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Might be moved to the part of the shop I want to work in, filled with rogues and layabouts and uncouth fools.

Sent over to the grind stations today, I think I am being moved to the part of the shop I want to work in. :) Hello, pay raise. how are you?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

webster876 posted:

My yesterday was awesome because I hooked up with a girl who is the Captain Planet of women, if the Planeteer's elements are shortness, giant boobs, vaginal orgasms, roughness and sass.

My day will be awesome today because I'm seeing her again after work.

My past month or so has been awesome because realizing that women who I would otherwise consider out of my league being into me has caused me to re-evaluate what exactly my league is.

Short girls with big boobs are always the best. My day has been awesome because I kicked rear end at work today, making my coworkers sweat and strain to keep me fed with work. I found a place that sells sugar free slurpees (diabetic). Covered in grime and metal dust I was hit on and got a date from a cute cashier. I was also given last weeks and this week's trading post for free from said cashier. I made it home in less than thirty minutes for the first time in two weeks. I found a niceish '95 ex500 for 1800$ in the current trading post. I am now watching doctor who (David tennant, any other doctor is a sham) and flirting with cashier. Today. Is. Good. Also shower G&T it is happening right now.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

cranky pomme posted:

I came out to my family today, and it went a hell of a lot better than I ever could have expected. :unsmith:

Congrats, man! It's always the best to hear about something like that happening, I don't hear it near as much as the opposite.

e: oh why today is awesome and I came in here

I have been crushing on this one absolutely gorgeous girl for nearly half a decade now, but we've always both been in relationships or just off rebound or or or

But today I said gently caress it and took her out. Which I am doing again thursday. And she is staying the night friday. Short, redhead, great body, intelligent, and kinky as the day is long. I am happy today.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Aug 3, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Redhead I mentioned last post? She, along with two of her friends gave me the best night of my life, and it is making me reevaluate where I think I fall on the datability scale. Am I actually desirable? Really truly desirable? Survey says yes. Also it is hard to walk without smiling, figuring out you are a masochist while dating a tiny dominant woman is a recipe for :D all day every day.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Guys I think I am sexy. For the first time in my life I have a positive outlook on myself. I think this deserves a double post because HOLY poo poo

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I am not going to sleep tonight, and it will be glorious. I really truly like this tiny person, and she AND her girlfriend like me. Is this nirvana? Also they got a rug beater yesss

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Texting my sub. Ducassing a giant burger the proper way. Drinking a wonderful gimlet. Have the day off from kidney trouble that sent me to the er wednesday. Today is a good day. Oh also low dose oxy :)

also also I got the last cookie, and got hit on by an adorable girl in walmart. I loving swear I actually do look good.

e2: burgers do not benefit from Ducasse like steaks. This was expected, but it was amazingly tasty anyway. Oh, and at about an inch and a half tall patty it gets hard to eat a fully loaded burger. :/

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Aug 15, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Johnny Got His Gunt posted:

Finally going to get an MRI for my crippling pinched nerve pain.

Also: Morphine.
:hfive: they finally got me on oxy for kidney pain.

Polite Tim posted:

All the department managers at work have new uniforms, the lady-uniforms are really doing it for me.

I feel no shame at objectifying women i know are kind, intelligent and professional
Honestly, as long as you can seperate your hornyasfuckness from how you treat the wonderful women in your department, I see no problem in appreciating the feminine form.

btw Life is going good, I do not go back to work till friday I plan on spending the entire time blitzed. Seeing the girlfriend tomorrow, she is getting blitzed with me.

blitzed.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I picked ten pounds of blueberries in half an hour. I'm down to like six pounds and I am not stopping. Next weekend the girlfriend and I are going back. I will not poop properly for the next few weeks. Worth it.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Learning shibari, and it's coming out really well. I am very happy with how I'm progressing, maybe one day soon I can make something like this:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/dbEzv.jpg
Also I get another person to practice on monday or tuesday so wooooo

Becoming a rope nerd is fun. :)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I met her family. They love me, and her brother is loving awesome. I'm taking him out drinking this friday. :3: The little guy just turned 21, I am going to make him need to get his stomach pumped. Also she is loving awesome, seeing her makes my day awesome. Been together a month now. :)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
On why today was awesome:
Great chinese for five bucks
A free rat from the pet store
Sex in the back room of said pet store with this adorable clerk
Passed my personal record for:
Bench press
Seated military press
Triceps pushdown
Preacher curl

So I am on top of the freaking world. Also unwinding with maker's neat, it is my favorite drink nowadays.

oh and extra petty awesome bit: Saw my ex that I was with for four years, she looks terrible now. And I look better than I ever did when I was with her. :D

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I'm changing my life. I'm testing my bloodsugar like I should, eating properly, working out again, and have quit alcohol for the time being. I'm still unemployed and haven't found someone I want to settle down with for a while, but that's okay. I'm working on me for a while. I'm honest to god proud of myself.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Today is already awesome because I just ran the first mile in 7 years. And beat my old time by 6 and a half minutes. It's still not impressive at all, at 10:30, but oh boy does it feel good to know that you are in better shape than ever before.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Yesterday I went running. Ended up losing track of where I was on the 5k trail and just finishing it. I timed 27 minutes. So I finished my first 5k run without feeling like I would die, AND ended with about a 8:40 mile time. Which is about two minutes faster than my last measured mile.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

The Jumpoff posted:

My girlfriend surprised me before dinner! She got someone to let her into my residence hall and showed up at my room! And then makeouts were had!

I'll be honest, seeing you go from "I got a bagel, it made my day awesome" to "I got a date with a cool girl!" to "my girlfriend suprised me in my dorm for makeouts!" has been a very awesome thing to witness. :3:

On why today was awesome: ran another 5k up and down a bunch of hills in the rain, it made me feel ALIVE. Also finalized plans for a play party next saturday, I get to tie up an absolutely gorgeous redhead. :D

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Cross post from the incremental success thread in W&W:

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'm now the waist size I was in 4th grade. I just bought the first pair of jeans that has fit me in both width and height since birth. They fit me like skinny jeans everywhere but the waist. :feelsgood:

Goddamn does it feel good to nearly bust out of jeans that should fit you properly because of all the loving muscle, and not fat like before.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Just bought a loving power cage for my house. Let the swole begin.

for reference:

http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/protocol_power_cage.html

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I have discovered Recettear.

now to crosspost into the 'why my life is ruined and I never do anything productive" thread

Aww yeah, Recettear is an awesome game.

on why today is awesome: Got numbers from a cute park ranger, son. Ran a faster 5k than normal for my slowness, didn't die. Discovered how fun box jump overs are. Really liking how my mind is changing with this whole fitness thing. All I do now is work out, read, surf SA, and go out with friends, and my god. I'm happy Genuinely content with life, happy to wake up in the morning. Such a difference.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Celebrating Christmas with my family two days early. :smug:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I just realized I've added 40lbs to both my military press and bench press in the past 3 1/2 months. I've also gained ~7lbs, and have lost six inches on my waist. I'm still fat. I'm still eating everything possible. But now I'm making better choices, and seeing massive results. hell yes.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Helped a friend move today. As thanks they handed me gas money and an unopened Voodoo3 2000 video card. The suckers from 1998, and hasn't ever been touched. So cool.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Danny Bro Pty Ltd posted:

It's my birthday today. I am 24 :). How will I celebrate?

BY GOING TO THE GYM AND POWERLIFTING, rear end TO THE GRASS SQUATS. GOD I LOVE THIS SPORT! :black101:

You own, happy birthday man.

Why is today awesome? I got picked up by a drop dead gorgeous woman. Now to go running or powerlifting, and she will join me for both because she is a fitness geek. <3

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

57 job applications later, I finally have a job interview!

And it's in the next town over so I don't even have to move very far.

This exactly, but I'm not moving. The number may be higher, too. Pulling in 14$ an hour, 40 hours a week (with 10 hours of overtime per week) is a pretty cushy deal considering I'm a highschool dropout. I'm very excited, maybe I'll be able to pay for my medication now?!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I've decided to spend the weekend in, relaxing and reading.

I benched a 15lb pr for a total of 270lbs.

I pulled three plates (315lbs) conventionally, three times.

My toe being broken to all hell hasn't stopped poo poo besides making me really really want to run since I can't right now. It doesn't even hurt currently.

I'm solidly in the quasi-single stage of a relationship with a very very cute girl.

In short, life owns bones.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Yesterday: Cuddling and naps :3:
Today: sumo deadlifted 355lbs, nearly blacked out. It felt awesomeeeeeee

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Ran nine miles with a friend of mine earlier today. I haven't run that far since I was racing in college :buddy:

Similarly, yesterday I wore shoes for the first time since I dropped a 25lb plate on my toe. I went for a couple mile walk, and today I did it again. :)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Beat the poo poo out of people in dance central and get to stare at kitties with every page because of adblock. It replaces all ads with kittens in a (I hope) legit update and not a silly april fools prank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
After fighting the postal service about what might be the world's shittiest mailman, I decided to just talk to amazon to see about replacing my lost-in-transit phone. After talking to me about it, they decided to process a refund and price match a brand new phone for me. Even though I ordered a used one for much less than new price. Gonna get a brand new Moto G for what amounts to pennies, thanks to Amazon. Woo!