Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ This owns hard.

Haven't slept yet, not planning on it. Going on a day trip with the gf to get a graphics card for my cheap-rear end 720p gaming rig. After that I'll probably gym, then I think we are gonna bother my favorite creole place for food and drinks for dinner. Then, of course, I'll drunk game. Nothing better than this small line up.

e: Oh, and I just realized I'm only a month away from celebrating my second year with what might possibly be The One. We've been living together for a year now, and I honestly couldn't be more pleased. Pretty much every day is awesome thanks to her. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's 12:39pm, I haven't slept yet. My GF has just gifted me with a beer I've been trying to find for 2 years now, Bitch's Brew. Woooo.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I said yes and we got engagement rings!

E: http://imgur.com/Sja0t0Z

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Apr 20, 2017

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Had lunch with the fiancée, then I got lost and ended up in North Carolina again. I'm now sitting in the sun on the water, with the most perfect breeze blowing. The only thing that would make this better is if my gf were here too.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Pipistrelle posted:

If your fiancée's there you may not want to bring the girlfriend around...

Nah everyone knows and is happy with the arrangement. The fiancée did have to go back to work though, so she wasn't there.

Today we went to the safari park, and I became best friends with a llama named Charlemagne and a bull elk dubbed Hagrid. It was really really cool.

http://imgur.com/a/NqN78

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
This is going to seem like a big tragedy, but everyone we dealt with so far has been amazing, we are on the path to recovery, and we've got enough percocet to kill like 7 elephants.

On christmas day in my new (to me) beautiful manual tsx we were essentially scared off a road, a tire slammed into a train track, and we flipped a few times end over end before taking out a telephone pole. Going 50mph (~80?kmh) we totalled the car that I've had for three weeks. I got out of it with a cracked sternum, a broken nose, and a dislocated wrist. My wonderful, amazing wife had her ulna snapped, a couple broken ribs, and some minor internal injuries from laying down and essentially missing the airbag as it went off.

The medics that responded to the call just *knew* we were dead before getting there, you don't hear the phrase "multiple flips, highway speed, telephone pole out of the ground" and think someone's still alive. But they saw to us so well. They treated us wonderfully, and once we explained that I'm in ems and she's an er nurse they cut the poo poo and told us what was going on, what they were currently worried about, what they could already rule out, etc. It was amazing piece of mind.

At the hospital we both got snowed out on pain meds while they went through all the imaging needed to make sure we didn't have something fun like a bruised heart or a Subarachnoid bleed. Everyone was wonderful, I honestly couldn't have asked for better care for my wife or I.

After two days we got to go home, we are walking, and we are gonna be okay.

I'm just so, so loving thankful. We could have easily both died on impact or from complications.

This probably sounds a bit muddled, vov I'm happy that I'm here, that she's here, that once our chests heal up I can hug the love of my life again.

e: oh yeah and my inlaws just bought a crossfit gym so I've got free access to all the cages, bumper plates, oly platforms, and bars I could ask for once I recover. gently caress yeah son

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Cp from a chat thread. I am so loving happy you guys :

So uh on Christmas day, the wife and I got into a crazy rear end accident that totalled my new to me tsx.

Geico finally got back to us about a payout, and told us they paid the hospital 27 dollars.

So we check with the hospital, and apparently we hit the yearly out of pocket for our health insurance 27 dollars into the er/icu/surgery/step-down stay.

So then we call Geico back, and they inform us that because of the severity of the accident, the entirety of my personal injury coverage will be paid out as pain and suffering. This is not a small amount.

I'm in shock. Never in my life have we not been loving screwed, and here they are paying for lost wages, and the credit cards we had to lean on while recovering, and more.

I'm crying like a lil baby guys. I'm so happy. The wife can get her NP debt free now. I can get my medic. It's so much money that the passive income exceeds my monthly wages. gently caress.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Holy poo poo! Good luck qc!

It was my birthday Tuesday and I got shithoused with my wife and my girlfriend, and we all had a heartfelt, emotional, productive discussion on my girlfriend moving in with us.

It's really happening! And the most worrying thing about it is having two people to yell at me about where I leave my shoes sometimes (in the bathroom, taken off in such a position that you know I just dropped a deuce).

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Jan 17, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I beat the absolute poo poo out of my girlfriend and my wife at Mario kart today, over a five hour long switchathon. :3:

My wife won monopoly, though. It's not fair, I'm a young white male for fucks sake

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

I found the best shirt ever at goodwill, I got my food for free, and I'm currently outside a McDonald's about to scout a fun route through the mountains for my wife and I's anniversary next week.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
^^ that's awesome!

I was in and out of the dmv in less than 15 minutes today. The stars aligned, the gods were with me my every move. I will never be this lucky again.

And I got a new job that pays twice what my old one did, for way less work!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
It's my birthday and I got to eat some drat good food for lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
First day at a new hard as hell job, it's dead simple and just physically hard instead of mentally crushing. My coworkers loving rock, and management is cool with hooligan poo poo as long as the customers don't see.

It also pays pretty well and I'm eligible for a transfer anywhere in the country after 6 months. I'm just over the moon, because it feels like taking a break after all the crap I went through in my last job for way less pay.