Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I had to spend all day in court today over two violations over my truck. "Energy Displacement" and "Middle Tail light out".

You might be wondering "How in the hell is that awesome"? Well, I plead not guilty and won.

At 1:45 PM today I was ordered to go to court and my name was not called until about 4:00; mind you I had to sit through and watch other people plead guilty because there was no way to get around it and just go ahead and pay a fine. Then I also say people plead not guilty and convinced the judge to lower the fine. After sitting there awhile I thought what the hell I am going to try to at least get my fine reduced because I "Fixed" the issue before my court date.

So my name gets called and I stand to the podium. I understood my rights and acknowledged to the judge that I would not need an appointed lawyer. Raised my right hand and swore to God to tell the Truth. And here we go! Judge informs me that I had two charges in front of her and the officer told the judge why he pulled me over. "Energy Displacement and Middle tail light out". She raised an eyebrow and asked the officer what he ment by the displacement and he told the judge "Basically no Bumper". The judge stamped the first charge and informed the officer that "Basically" is not in the court of law. Under **-**-0 an energy displacement does not mean no rear bumper so I am dismissing this citation. Then the 2nd charge was made "Middle Tail light out".

Keep in mind I do not have a middle tail light on my truck. The officer said to the judge that the light in the middle of my tailgate was out. Then I objected and gave a picture to the judge the back of my vehicle proving that there was not middle tail light on this vehicle and the picture showed all of my lights working and in operational order.

I was smiled at the judge and was told "Mr. Democracy I have dismissed all charges and you are free to go sir"!

I just about loving poo poo my pants when I walked out that door. I can not believe I pulled that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
My final results are in from college:

quote:

82.3125%
Current Grade (Course Grade)
In CIST2452: Cisco Routing and Concepts (=>50% instruction via distance) 16262

84.41764%
Current Grade (Weighted Total)
In CIST2128: Comprehensive Spreadsheet Tech (Online (100%)) 16266

Basically Cisco Level 2 and Advanced Microsoft Excel. I can not only say gently caress off forever to Online classes, but I only need two more Cisco classes until I graduate from college. :) ALMOST DONE.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Found out today when I will be graduating college. Sorry for the crappy phone picture but its got the date!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Katamari Democracy posted:

Found out today when I will be graduating college. Sorry for the crappy phone picture but its got the date!

Took my hands on final as well as my Cisco (CCNA) certification and passed. I am super happy that I will be able to graduate college.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I got hit by lightning yesterday and lived to tell the tale. Kinda.

I was in my truck when I got hit by lightning. A bad storm hit in Georgia yesterday and as I was driving home lightning and rain was just hammering the roads. I had low visability so I decided to park at a nearby gas station coming home to wait it out a bit and right as I pulled in the next thing I know im stopped in a daze with loud ringing and sparks flying around my truck. I quickly pulled next to the gas pump and people were knocking on my window asking if I was ok. I was in shock that I rolled down the window and said "What was that"? And a lot of people held the door open and said "You got struck by loving lightning holy poo poo come inside". Quickly ran inside and people with wide eyes just looked at me as if I committed a murder or something.

I am ok! It felt like someone put a pistol next to my ear and just pulled the trigger. That loud *Pop* you hear from one if you dont wear hearing protection? Yeah that feeling. I am ok. But my wallet hurts after spending 750 dollars to fix everything.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Due to the virus going on and during that time I completed technical college and got a degree in Networking and IT Professional (Helpdesk shoot me). And will be getting my picture taken tomorrow. Next week I will be picking up my diploma and having a virtural walk on their youtube channel.

I will still be walking later this year for real provided things go well this December 15th. But I am still glad I can still get my hands on what is rightfully mine. My Education.

E- Got my picture taken and still on track to getting my degree.

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Jun 17, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Finally found love.

Met this girl during a gaming tournament (Safely) being done in the area and she was around visiting family. After it was over we went out to eat and chatted a bit. She asked me if I was single and interested. So that threw me off guard. And we really connected and had a great time together.

I cant wait to see her again this weekend. We plan on going out to the park and having lunch outside. Then later connecting with friends to have nerdy fun playing videogames.

I never really dated and I am 33 years old. But my heart is telling me she is someone special and we both really like each other. So I am very happy.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I was offered a job nearly triple my salary plus full benefits. They are currently doing a background check. I will also get to work from home until Covid clears which is enough time for me to save up for a new vehicle.

While I enjoy the company I am with now I deserve way better and have worked too hard in school and with the company with no real progress being there.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
They also have me training a new guy and have decided that my training isn't good enough. I can't wait to tell them that their method of training was for nothing when I am gone lmfao.

Feel bad for the new guy though. Very younger kid and is overwhelmed. Was comfortable with me and everything until they stepped in to poo poo on him.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I will finally be off unemployment soon. I just got accepted to work for Dell as a level 2 contractor after I have passed my drug tesst today. I have my first easy project monday and after that is said and done I plan on getting a newer vehicle with my stimulus and start doing Door dash in between contracts with the company.

Benefits are meh but the pay is outstanding.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I have done 50 hours of work for Dell in the past two weeks and I am enjoying it; it's not technically employment.

I got a call from someone today asking if I could meet up with him monday morning to work for his tree cutting company. At first I openly admitted to him that I do not know how I would be feeling at those heights and he really wanted to talk to me about other means of employment.

He had a little bit of time to talk to me today but basically I would be helping him drive a box truck with hydraulic systems to help with his crew. And once he can hire a few people after me; his wife would then pull me into her office so I can be his assistant for office work. He told me over the phone I fit the bill; I would have to do a little bit of grunt work.

"Maybe" he said I would have to climb trees and help cut it down. Basically doing stuff like this for residential properties.

But I will be learning more on Monday. I am going to give it a shot. I can still also work for Dell on the side making extra money which is what I need to be doing during these trying times. And im tired of being on unemployment sitting at home not talking to anyone. I really want to work.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

But I will be learning more on Monday. I am going to give it a shot. I can still also work for Dell on the side making extra money which is what I need to be doing during these trying times. And im tired of being on unemployment sitting at home not talking to anyone. I really want to work.

Talked to him today and I am going for it. He threw a really good number at me starting out, and told me about the work culture. I enjoyed it, but I would have to do a bit of homework on my own. DOT Physical, another pair of Carhart boots, some cooler work clothes to wear for the incoming summer, and to complete the W2 in the next couple days.

It might not be an IT job, but it will still give me the flexibility to work here and continue working my side gigs. Plus it can get me some skills on the job for future employment. Like throwing up data cables on powerlines, etc. My future boss liked that about me.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
God works in mysterious ways. I got my DOT card and because it took me long I got turned down from the job.

I did; get an interview with a medical Logistics company. And I got accepted into the job today. My first official day will be this Thursday.

I applied for a job out of my loving league and I pretty much nailed the interview and the job. I can loving do ANYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcreG-bhRRA

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im not gonna lie I am crying

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Third day on the job and it. is. A. LOT. Of things I need to get together in two months instead of the traditional 6 months. Thankfully I have a lot of team members on my side who is understanding on how much they will need to cram in my brain. But so far everything is good and I have been over loaded with information; I will keep a good work ethic and continue to do my best.

But my job title is Quality Systems Coordinator II. I have to learn 10 departments in less than two months and master them all so I know whats wrong when a department goes under.

Typically for this job I would have to learn everything in 6 months. But for each department I will need to learn in four days each. Yikes, wish me luck!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
e- gently caress this

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 03:56 on May 7, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So its almost been two months since I started this job and I am still absolutely loving it. I am learning so much every day, and I am being more independent as every day passes. Not only that but I have been getting a lot of praises on how well I have been able to handle my work with my fellow team mates. For the first time in my 33 years of living, it feels great to hear everyday from almost everyone on how happy they are to see me and have a positive attitude during working hours.

Its not all sunshine and rainbows here at work. Sometimes it is stressful, but with my work experience in the past (Resturant, Warehouse, technical know how, etc.) I am able to keep my cool. This job was absolutely made for me and the pay has made things really lifechanging on my end. I got a new badass cell phone for the first time, been able to save up a LOT more money quicker to get a new ride, and I even treated myself to some expensive Sketcher sneakers and clothes to make me look drat good at work and in the dating scene. And I have been paying it forward to my close friends and family.

I am still KD outside of work. Just less depressed and less worried about everything. Work challenges me and I enjoy every step so far that they have given me.

Also I feel good about the work I do for this company. Its for medical logistics so we handle Covid kits and many other medical kits used all around the world. I can't really go into more detail than that.

Like I said when I first made the post two months ago. I can loving do anything.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just got an Email from the staffing agency on that new job I nailed two months ago. My 90 days is almost up and it looks like my new career is going to be moving up.

I don't like to talk about the new pay they are offering. But im getting a big sign on bonus, they want to pay off my phone, and give me medical insurance for almost everything.

I was making 21k a year after college (This is almost 80k a year) and its about drat time that number has gone up with benefits.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

God works in mysterious ways. I got my DOT card and because it took me long I got turned down from the job.

I did; get an interview with a medical Logistics company. And I got accepted into the job today. My first official day will be this Thursday.

I applied for a job out of my loving league and I pretty much nailed the interview and the job. I can loving do ANYTHING.

So I had my 90 day progress report on my job today and got a plaque with my name on it at my office. So it's 100% official! I am now staying with this company, and in a few weeks I will be going from hourly to salary. With much better pay and a good chunk of benefits beginning late August. I was even able to get a bonus check from the company today which was...wow. Just Wow.

I was a bit worried about Salary which I was a bit worried about being forced to stay late. My boss is cool and when I talked to him about it he basically said I will still be "Clocking in" to determine if I am still coming in on time and whatnot. But I will not be allowed to work more than 45 hours a week. The performance I have done at work has been more than what my company offered and I have even did some educational document changes that have benefitted the company for the better. Basically I was told that as long as I get my work done, help the team out whenever necessary, and continue doing what I was doing I can still work my 40 hours and keep having financial stability with the company.

But the Salary is about a 200% increase from my hourly wage, and with the benefits it's loving nice. I have successfully been able to adapt, learn, and fit in with my team and they are planning a welcoming party next week.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
And in case anyone is wondering about what my new job is. Its in the Health industry. I am a part of what is known as "Quality". Meaning I am one of the reasons why medical kits are so expensive.

You have Covid Kits, biopsy kits, and etc that have to be built my people in the USA and other parts of the world. My company produces and sells kits to families not only in the USA but everywhere in the world. Since the Covid-19 Pandemic has been a real thing; our company made it cheap and easy to help people get the test done. But because humans make these things; there is room for error. That is where I come in. I have to talk with the customer, create a BOM (Build of Materials) send it to production, and once final QC (Quality Check) checks off on all of the materials before being shipped out I have to do random checks on the items to make sure there are no discrepencies.

From a goon standpoint: It's like Papers Please but in real life. I have to check Documents, PMI's, LOT numbers, and way more depending on different companies so they dont come Emailing me asking why their poo poo is hosed up. Ever since I was hired our complaints have dropped so much that two customers have asked us to not longer spot check. Since I began our HIPPA violations have dropped dramatically because I have provided training materials to our employees during retraining. I was also able to talk with U-line about producing specified products that we can buy so certain medical kits wont get shitcanned during transport. Which not only saved the company a shitload of money but it also eliminated complaints from the customers.

I also handle internal Audits through Root cause analysis, handle Document control through our system, provide emergency backup in case if anyone calls out of work from production, distribution, and QC (Jack of all trades), I talk to clients with a translator in places like Bulgaria, Sweden, and more. I do a lot of things but I am the guy that has to inspect and stamp my seal of "Quality" on every product. What really makes this awesome is that the medical kits we make at my company has to go to someone's family. So to me, I am making a positive difference in people's health around the world. And for that im proud of that.

I studied computer networks and Amazon AWS in College. So what the gently caress

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

So I had my 90 day progress report on my job today and got a plaque with my name on it at my office. So it's 100% official! I am now staying with this company, and in a few weeks I will be going from hourly to salary. With much better pay and a good chunk of benefits beginning late August. I was even able to get a bonus check from the company today which was...wow. Just Wow.

I was a bit worried about Salary which I was a bit worried about being forced to stay late. My boss is cool and when I talked to him about it he basically said I will still be "Clocking in" to determine if I am still coming in on time and whatnot. But I will not be allowed to work more than 45 hours a week. The performance I have done at work has been more than what my company offered and I have even did some educational document changes that have benefitted the company for the better. Basically I was told that as long as I get my work done, help the team out whenever necessary, and continue doing what I was doing I can still work my 40 hours and keep having financial stability with the company.

But the Salary is about a 200% increase from my hourly wage, and with the benefits it's loving nice. I have successfully been able to adapt, learn, and fit in with my team and they are planning a welcoming party next week.

Another update.

Going to keep this short and sweet. At home Covid test kits that the USA and all around the world is getting nowadays is stamped with my name in terms of Quality. Shared with myself and from my knowledge 20 other people around the world.

I have learned a lot at my job and it has thrown me into something that I never thought possible. And I am not only doing my part for my community but also the world at large.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Effective monday I am now a Manager.

Got a big boost in pay.

This was me months ago:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

oldpainless posted:

My congratulations on the pay raise.

My condolences on becoming management and now becoming an enemy of the working class

Hah. Well its a good thing I have a team that I respect! My workplace is a lot different than any previous job I have had before this one. But I know what you mean. I try not to be my old managers and bosses in my past and thanks to the laid back environment of the job (Its still stressful due to it being medical) its a lot easier than expected. Because I was a coordinator and pretty much nailed that role before I was hired on full time; I can still be a coordinator while having management duties, Gemba walks, and having two people in my office team that has been super helpful and successful in our goals so far.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Remember that job I got this year?

I am still here, and they have done an awards ceremony and I won something!

"Outstanding Newcomer Award"

I am very blessed for this career and its been an honor to help develop and distribute all Covid Tests happening to America in the coming months!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BrigadierSensible posted:

Today was my mum's last scheduled radiotherapy session for oesopageal cancer.

She has endured 5 days of radiotherapy, and 1 day of chemotherapy a week for the last 6 weeks. She is tough like a water buffalo, but you can tell it's hurting her more than she is letting on.

And whilst I know we won't know about the results for at least another 3-4 weeks, when hopefully the tumor has shrunk/disappeared. And there is always the possibility that she may have to undergo a nasty difficult surgery in the future.

Today I am celebrating that she has done her last radio-therapy session. And that is surely a good thing.

Hey friend,

You are also awesome for being there for her. So thank you for that.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Bought a brand new 2022 Toyota Corolla.

Always had very ugly looking cars as well as beaters. So owning this new car was five years in the making and its an absolute breath of fresh air. AC/ Heating? Smartphone sync with Android Auto? Other features that I just do not know because im not a car person and this is my first new vehicle purchase?

Thing is an absolute dream to drive in. And for the first time in my life I feel like traveling places on my days off. I really love this car.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I got handed additional responsibilities with no increase in pay until early next year.

gently caress yeah.

It's awesome because its easy for me and its important. Important to not warrant more pay sure, but at least I'm doing it. Cause I'm awesome.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I have been one of the few left behind after a lot of people quitting their jobs.

I also know that it's bullshit to take on other people's work and us having to act our wage and whatnot. But I was able to coordinate accordingly in figuring out metrics from most important to 'well we can get away with ignoring this'.

This is also with having a new director in part with the board of directors and two new bosses!

And I am training them!

Its awesome I am doing it but drat am I not proud of it!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I am proud to say that my boss was fired today. Out of a cannon. Because she is a clown.

2022 was an awful year and I could not be any happier.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just bought a house.

Also getting promoted to a developer position is pretty cool.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I bought a home. I no longer live at an apartment and I am loving it here.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I found love. :love:

Been knowing this woman for over two years. We got to talking and well we are together now that I am out of that last job and into my new and better one.

I feel super confident and incredible to catch her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Tried Korean with her yesterday (Spicy Kimchi, Octopus, Squid, and chewy rice cakes with spicy sauce) and we spent a lot of time talking and getting to know one another more. 2nd date is this evening! Very excited!