Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Alone in my office at work (usually have a partner who is quite distracting but she is on vacation). Taking on her share of work also means there is plenty to keep me occupied, so the day is going by pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Orientation for new hires at work. Happens every quarter. Was gonna be all bitter about their lunch with the managers, etc. and go eat my PB+J in peace but they had plenty of leftovers. Good cold cut sandwiches, catered.

I feel bad for being cold toward people here. To some degree, they can't control their work habits...but they're all really neat people outside of work, and when it comes to things like this. :smith:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Put the final touches on getting a group together for Rammstein tomorrow night. Got resume help from a fellow goon while my fiancee is getting callbacks for teaching jobs in the fall. Worked on upcoming wedding details and feel so much less stressed about it than I used to - it is finally taking shape mentally. Looking forward to taking more initiative and being more creative like this (instead of waiting for things to happen like I usually do) and experiencing whatever the future might hold for us.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Got rid of a virus on my fiancee's computer and rescued her files - she was pretty torn up thinking that she had lost months of schoolwork before everything turned out successful.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

PeachHat! posted:

What the gently caress.

This thread could use your help: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2000929

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Fiancee hears back from a dream job tonight - she's nearly a lock but there are still other interviews that need to finish first. Kinda good job has already given her the sure thing, so that's a likely backup. So we'll find out where we'll live next year in just a few hours. She's been a real champ through the whole job hunting process and inadvertently reminded me of all the reasons I fell in love with her. The joy of seeing the process wind down has been transforming her normally stoic (in a good way) demeanor too. ;)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Update: she got the good job! She's taught in an urban environment that is less than desirable for the last three years, somehow stuck with it and it's paid off in a cosmic sense...or something.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today is my birthday! So I took the day off. Good timing too, because my boss found my resignation letter on her chair this morning.

So far I've hung out with my girl, treated myself to breakfast, and farted around on the Internet. Because it's Father's Day on Sunday, I will be around family this weekend. There's a kid part of me that keeps saying a birthday needs to be something amazing and noisy and probably involving pizza, but I am coming to find rest and time with good people is even nicer. Plus, I found out that my grandfather has helped us out for the future way more than I recalled, and I found a promising job lead that may ensure my kids don't work as hard as he apparently did.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Jun 17, 2011

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

civilian.d posted:

went to a good friend's wedding last night, slept in 'till 10.45 this morning, followed by wake n' bake, morning sex, bacon and hash browns for breakfast, and a relaxing afternoon with no plans.

Man, if your avatar doesn't perfectly sum that day up...

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

:3:

Love this.

My fiancee and I have had a restful Sunday derping about with wedding stuff, getting set for the honeymoon mostly. We've been really blessed with good family and the resources to pull this together. Plus, her bummer job finished Friday, mine finishes this Friday. Case of the Mondays? It'll just be the one, actually. :cool:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Chewbecca posted:

It's my birthday :3:

I got some gift cards and money and iPod dock and scarves and ugg boots and a bunch of other cool stuff, and right now my husband is in the kitchen baking me a cake :)

This post. It reminded me that I really am incredibly fortunate and it's sad that busyness usually takes away my perspective on things. Since going on leave to finish planning this wedding and both not working and putting that together, I realize how much more I need to reflect on that.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Fiancee's meeting with her new HR Department went well, and we beat out a competitor for a super-sweet two bed two bath with tons of space and a washer and dryer in the apartment itself. She did find out her position is only for a year with no guarantee for extension, but what a hell of a year it's going to be.

And Happy Birthday, OrangeGuy!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Turns out fiancee's position is permanent after all! This week of apartment-hunting and meeting has turned into a wonderful, relaxing vacation. (The hotel life suits me well.) Lots of changes in the next month, nearly all of them positive (moving being the only exception). :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Bought an SNES off eBay for a good price. Going to coax the new neighbors to visit often. :dance:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Also shower G&T it is happening right now.

Taking it up a notch - nice!

Today, I got my teeth professionally whitened. Totally worth the pain. Found out my future father-in-law has been really generous and basically deserves just about anything he wants next Father's Day. Packed up some more boxes for the move because the weather cooled down enough and spent the evening watching soccer with my dad and then the baseball game. Everything these past few weeks - months, really - has been so smooth I'm hoping I don't get used to it and get soft/selfish.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Jul 28, 2011

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Two White Russians will make the world seem a whole lot more favorable.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Best day of our honeymoon so far. Saw beautiful scenery, went horseback riding, shamelessly ate Ben and Jerry's ice cream, took a lift ride to the top of the mountain and back down, ate gourmet food and drink for dinner, roller skated to 70's and 80's music, watched new Burn Notice and Law and Order. Sounds low-key and it is; it's perfect for us. We are communicating well and are not even close to being bored of each other. (A good start!) :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This forum and how it has been with me in all my free time for almost two years now. So welcome in a corporate job.
Casual Friday.
Finally getting and installing Internet for the apartment despite Comcast's best efforts.
Date night with the wife and two ciders with dinner.
A buddy lending us his truck to go to IKEA tomorrow so we can put the finishing touches on this place.
The weekend starting off right.
Edit: can't forget hearing Vin Scully is coming back.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Go Dad go.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

My awesome co-workers. My wife enjoying a good first day of school. Maybe most of all, a great grocery store run. Our refrigerator literally has about 80 cans of soda in it now and a few beers as well. And we're getting wireless Internet within the week. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Gold medaled every cup in Mario Kart Wii.
Clayton Kershaw.

It's the little things in life.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Nessuno posted:

Today's my birthday! :toot:

Happy Birthday!

My day is going to be awesome because it's Saturday and my mindset is 180 degrees different from the workweek. Also I've been losing weight and feeling better just by eating a little bit differently.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Getting closer with the wife, despite the fact that we hardly see each other during the week except when we are eating dinner/sleeping. Her sister, who is one of my favorite people, is coming into town tomorrow so this should be a weekend of good adventures.

Some poignant reminders of why baseball is an incredible sport despite all nay-sayers.

Good feelings about a couple tenuous, totally out-of-my-control situations...but at least good feelings are something! :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Congratulations - now don't gently caress it up.

:)

This. Been pulling for you, man! Hope we don't see you around as much because you're spending time with her.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today at work didn't suck! I'm hoping to hear from a sweet company I interviewed with tomorrow. Whatever happens, I don't have to get on the road hella early because there's no traffic. Also went out to eat with the wife tonight and watched the Yankees choke and my Bears even won (the first half of) their first Thursday night game! :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Was turning left on an intersection near my house when something showed up in my peripheral vision. Turned to look and a little sedan was flying through a red light just in front of me. If I hadn't caught it my car and I would have been smashed to bits. :hellyeah:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A co-worker bought a McRib because the combo was cheaper for what she really wanted (fries and a soda) and then couldn't find anyone else to give it to. I devoured that thing in about five seconds. Had no idea it was back.

Since I'm leaving early today I was planning on surviving on leftover cookies until I got home. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

Cardinals won the World Series. Enough said.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I expected today would bring a) exhaustion, b) a lot of fluff and bother over Halloween in the office, c) my old boss showing up since she's been promoted to a national position and I've heard from two different people that she was coming to see us, and d) rejection from a really great company I've applied to.

Today has instead brought a) energy, b) a subdued but still really enjoyable celebration of the holiday here in the office, c) the realization that I got bad information AND misheard the name of someone whose name is one letter off of my old boss's, and d) a phone interview for this Thursday.

All that and somebody brought a ton of KFC into the lunchroom. I am near tears.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

He's selling the team! (And waited until after the World Series to do it.)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Canceled all plans for this weekend because, that's why. May not even pick up my phone if it's not life or death.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Canceled all plans for this weekend because, that's why. May not even pick up my phone if it's not life or death.

Oh man is this ever paying dividends today. Following college football and drinking all sorts of nice beverages while figuring out what I've got to get done before the end of the year (so I can do it later).

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

My unflappable, super-cool, always-supportive direct supervisor. (The rest of the job can go jump in a lake.)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The Stupid Hat posted:

My wife went out to help a friend who just had a surgery, so I stayed at home with my 10-month-old daughter today. We had an incredible day, just her and dad. Breakfast at a diner, story time, a long nap, a game of cars. Maybe I'm job hunting and worried about the future, but today was a nice break to just leave the world outside the door and spend quality time with my little girl. :unsmith:

This is the most :3: post ever. Especially "a game of cars."

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Taking steps toward being less shy and passive (/-aggressive).

A good buddy of mine skipped my housewarming and a phone call afterward (he's a pastor, so I totally get it) and then later dropped me a line to see when we could meet, and waited five days to respond. Then he wanted me to meet later and call him. The old me would have tried any way to make it work and been miserable to have so little notice and to stay out late. The current me just said shine, let's do it some other time.

I don't know if that made any sense, but it feels like I have a new mind. (Future me is going to stop giving any fucks period, and also procrastinate less, and meet with him because I have nothing otherwise to do.) :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Took a day off to do Christmas shopping, which is likely going to fall through, but there is always the weekend. There's something about a weekday break that's just so refreshing. I slept in, ate cereal while watching the Simpsons, worked on career goals for next year. Still another three hours before I would have gotten home on a normal day, much more tired and cranky. (And being off today means I won't run out of work to do tomorrow. :))

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Drinking an ice-cold beer after completing Christmas shopping for my side of the family. :feelsgood:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Checked a few things off the winter break to-do list today! (I didn't think I was going to get to any of them, and this just gives me momentum.)

Also, my in-laws' dogs are great but they can also be annoying as hell. It was rather humorous to discover that the little one framed the big one for some chocolate that disappeared tonight. (They're both fine now.)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

More checkboxes checked! And my father-in-law, totally unprovoked, just said we're going to the pub for dinner because the TV's out. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Day was pretty lovely, actually, but I came home to a letter saying that I have $500 of healthcare savings that I need to do something health-related with in the next three months.

Conveniently, we were waiting until the first of the year until insurance kicked in to start using birth control pills because of the cost. Seems like we can get quite a few for "free" to start with. :dance:

e: also, two emails letting me know that two packages I ordered will be here in the next two days!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Jan 4, 2012