Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A third package arrived! Forgot my mom had ordered a book for me. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's only January 6, but I'm already starting to feel less whiny, more assertive, and more comfortable in my own skin.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feeling even more confident today, and even a bit optimistic!

Paul Scholes. And this Tim Tebow fellow.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Watching the amazing YouTube video "Spongebob Voice Actors Dub Classic Movies." I'm not connected with its making in any way; a friend posted the link and it was the greatest four minutes of my day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Esmerelda posted:

Sunday is my one day to do anything I want. No places to be or responsibilities. I love Sunday.

This! Though we did find a church we might actually stick with this morning (but it is literally next door, so that's not a big deal). Inspired me not to be lazy today, so I am reading and thinking instead of spending hours in the bar watching football.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

My shower was the perfect temperature, 93.1 was great on the drive to school(The Black Keys, Jimmi Hendrix and Blondie <3), and my first three classee are all in rooms right next to each other with no breaks between.

That's not 93.1 JACK FM by any chance, is it?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today could have been hell at work - raining, floor of building getting torn up, short-staffed, office-wide meeting - but so far it has been very manageable. It's even kinda nice to have to answer a phone call and put off the more annoying long-term projects that can always wait another day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Phone screen for a nicer, closer, more flexible job than I currently have. I was nervous as hell for a bit but I nailed it. It's just a question now of how I stack up to the other candidates. Weeee!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

silversiren posted:

Sweet justice.

Happy for you SS. I read your rants in the Retail thread and you deserve the world.

Not much to report for my day (work...) but my night has so far included a tall White Russian, a home-cooked meal, the Simpsons, and finding out good friends got admitted to their desired academic programs. Now I'm-a apply for jobs like the world is ending if I don't.

u: no job applications, but finally put together my office after being in this apartment for five months. And a friend from college invited me to his Super Bowl party (we have no TV so we were trying to negotiate watching the game and making sure to catch the commercials). He was in the class below me and that class is super-tight and hangs out often, so it's nice to be invited to chill with them and watch the game for that day (we only talk here and there normally). We'll totally make it worth their while.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Jan 31, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

Gon yersel and get in aboot the birds breeks laddy.

Going to try to work this into a conversation today. Best advice ever.

The last 18 or so hours have been absolutely brilliant. Nothing whatsoever has gone wrong at work. Productive to a fault, smooth sailing, even feeling encouraged. Feels like last night transformed something.

u: more productivity, one Darron Gibson, and the wife and I switched a non-working antenna for a working one at Radio Shack tonight and now we have TV for the first time in months! Also made yummy orange chicken and rice. Bring on February!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Feb 1, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Robot Lincoln, I wanna be like you when I grow up.

Another productive morning, and my team sent me Chinese food because I was too shy/working too much to hang out with them while they were eating it. And one of my nurses is getting transferred but made sure to say a heartfelt goodbye to me. I'm very thankful for the last couple of days here (but still planning to job hunt like mad).

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Have felt under the weather this whole weekend but that's meant instead of going out I've been able to complete job applications, watch movies, play games, and even finish a whole book. Kind of have energy at random times so it's strange that a totally unplanned weekend has gone better than if I had tried to execute my own plans. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I really wanted a cookie and somebody happened to leave biscottis in the breakroom. That never happens! :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today it was free pizza in the breakroom when I went in for an afternoon snack. Our HR manager literally insisted I take some.

I have entered The Twilight Zone.

u: made checklists for what I wanted to get done tonight and executed to a T. Personal character-building is back on the upswing!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Feb 9, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Oh what the hell. We have a new manager who started on Monday and her husband brought in Chinese food for her birthday. I usually ignore these things and eat outside of lunchtime because they become big public events and bring out the greedy in people, and because nobody usually notices I'm gone. She's different, though - she practically insisted I come with her and get my share. On her birthday. That was pretty amazing. :3:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Got paid yesterday, job not pissing me off as much today (actually ate breakfast, maybe that's why), set up a phone interview with one place with prospects for another, traded Simpsons quotes with my sister, and set up beer and/or board games with some good friends in addition to getting my teeth cleaned and my car fixed this weekend. Woo!

u(isn't there always): my reports haven't been as clean as my colleagues' because I actually do the job thoroughly and completely instead of quickly with plenty of time to socialize. So jealousy and being different has provoked some talk behind my back and reporting to the bosses over my and my direct supervisor's heads about nitpicky bullshit, bullshit that really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things but is still reason enough to get a not-so-friendly "reminder" email from the big bosses. My direct supe congratulated me on my better-than-usual weekly updates today (been more productive this week for some reason) and added some comment that was, in essence, "gently caress the haters." :3:

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Feb 11, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Took 5 minutes to meditate and pray when I got home from work tonight and it made all the difference. Helped make dinner, did dishes, took care of recycling/trash/etc., even stayed off the 'net until just now when I submitted some more kick-rear end job applications. Normally these sorts of things stress me out or are more difficult than they should be. Now I'm not even anxious about the phone interview I have tomorrow.

Need to meditate more often.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Took the day off because my job doesn't give it to us. I woke up after my shift would have started and I would juuuust be getting home about now. I've been so much more productive and happy than I would have been at work, with so much more to show for it. So, an awesome day off, plus a little kick in the bum about how toxic this job is.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Had a job interview this morning, which meant I got to sleep in and take my morning preparation - normally ignored - nice and slow. The interview went well; I established a nice rapport with the company's VP near the end, but he had a stack of resumes next to mine. I'd say I got a B on it, so the chances are slim, but it felt like the best interview I'd ever done. It's nice now to roll into work late, be super-productive, and eat a hot pastrami sandwich while following Manchester United at lunch. Also, our super-cool assistant is back from maternity leave, and she's always nice and encouraging.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Sweet As Sin posted:

It is my birthday! Presents so far include: A bag full of gummies by my best friend, hair extensions by my family, Nintendo DS card thingie, and a thesis project plus another scolarship.

I also had super tasty burgers!

Happy birthday SAS!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's my older brother's birthday, and it's always good to hear from him. Sounds like he's having a good one.

Wanted to avoid slacking today and was somehow able to roll out of bed and get the taxes done with the wife. We're getting more than $1300 back! Just about the time her laptop is giving up the ghost. It has been backing itself up for the last few days, unaware that its day is coming to an end.

This productivity and windfall calls for sexy time. :dance:

E: and then many more cool things happened, including finally getting cable, finishing a 1000 piece puzzle (and thereby getting the coffee table back), and getting groceries and a DVD rental all for free thanks to coupons. Best day in ages.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Mar 11, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Even though it's the shortest day of the year, it's felt really long so far. Got good sleep (overnight and a nice afternoon nap), church was great, saw Cal get into the NCAA Tournament (kinda), and got errands and random tasks done. Work will be so boring compared to this weekend.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Morphy00 posted:

Why do you consider today the shortest day of the year?

Daylight Savings Time (for the western United States at least), so there are only 23 hours in the day. :v:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today was a total 180 from yesterday, and yesterday sucked bad.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Woke up with a headache (not even from St. Paddy's partying) that went away, watched two great basketball games, then finally got pictures from my wedding (seven months ago!) ordered, much to the delight of my wife. Only two more big projects left to do before the summer...

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Took a lovely walk in the sun during my lunch break, got an amazing job lead that will at least make me a stronger candidate even if it doesn't pan out, took a hot shower and drank a cold Guinness when I got home, made a new friend, and watched Hugo with the wife instead of doing anything else. Much less anxious about things after that film. And tomorrow night I'm going drinking with old college friends and swapping stories. It's practically the weekend already.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

tomorrow night I'm going drinking with old college friends and swapping stories.

It was everything I could have hoped for and more. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Had lunch at a brewery with good friends (one of whom is representing me for a possible job lead), got a lot of poo poo done around the house (which now looks a lot better), and currently finishing up a project I've been putting off for seven months.

Oh, and yesterday-paid bills, bought MLBTV (so cheap!), and saw The Hunger Games.

Why can't every day be a weekend day?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Alright, another. Went out tonight though I wanted to wallow in self-pity about my job instead. Encouraged by great new friends, got energy drinks and got the car gassed up. Tomorrow is hanging out with a friend/spending time at home with leftover Arby's for lunch, Wednesday is Jeopardy! tryouts, Thursday is dinner with another friend, Friday is another weekend.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I ain't even mad.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Yelled at my coworkers (which was not good, I should have found a better medium but I was fed up with their b.s.) and it looks like it's going to produce some good changes around the office i.e. moving away from a bunch of chatterboxes and closer to peace and quiet, better office dynamics, etc. There is someone that will no longer talk to me but it's not much of a change from what was happening before. Also nice to know my scolding managers understood exactly why I did what I did and said they'd do the same if they were in my position.

Got home early from work. Took the Jeopardy! online test and did way better than I thought I would. If the lottery and a dream job I've had an application in to don't pan out, maybe Alex Trebek will take pity on me.

Also dinner with a friend tomorrow night - gonna waste time before that and drink before, during, and after the food comes.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's Friday afternoon, loving finally. And this time next week I'll be on the road for a week's vacation.

u: ate good Mexican food, finally saw Air Force One, none of our lottery numbers were called (didn't buy tickets), people liked a call to arms article I shared on facebook, and I found reasons not to travel out to an interview session tomorrow.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Mar 31, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Slow wakeup, quick and good eight-hour drive up the state to cap off a great vacation and great baseball and SNL episode to cap off the day. Solid, productive week ahead with the farmer's market returning, plenty of new books and magazines to read, and a promising job lead and/or at least tuning out the crumminess of the present job. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Plenty of awesome things going on this week, and just got YOTJ'd today after 2.5 years of waiting! :woop:

E: also we're not pregnant!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Apr 18, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Ishamael posted:

What is a YOTJ?

SAclopedia posted:

YOTJ
Posted by stubblyhead on March 7, 2012
Year of the Job. A number of regular posters in SH/SC got out of lovely jobs and into really awesome ones in 2011, leading to it being dubbed the Year of the Job. Often used as interjection or verb.

Also applies to 2012 now because the trend has continued. :)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Merou, enjoy the gently caress out of your birthday. Congratulations on everything!

Today is awesome because it's Saturday, after an awfully long week. And I forgot my current company treats someone like crap when they're in the position that I'm leaving and then always plays hardball when they realize that an individual is slowly walking toward the door. Suddenly there are higher positions open, and I just got a message from a manager in another of the company's divisions asking if I could speak to him.

It's nice to feel wanted, and even nicer to give a resounding mental "yes" after about three seconds when I ask myself if I'm doing the right thing.

Today is going to be a good day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's a gorgeous day outside after a hot weekend. I have a flu or something like it but can work through it without too much trouble. And a job interview in a minute for a position I don't really need (so no pressure!)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's the first time since Saturday I feel like I have energy and I'm not dragging my feet. I was actually on time to work today because the freeway was decent. The same company I'm trying to leave gave us nice little gifts for Administrative Professional's Day. And the offer letter to jump ship should come any minute now.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I finally got the job offer. The offer paperwork can wait until I get home tonight. My future boss approved my summer vacations. I didn't have to interview for another position out of obligation because the Big Boss there (an old friend) basically told me it didn't pay enough for it to be worth my time. I got to listen to Garrison Keillor and poetry discussions on the radio on the way to and from that meeting. My current staff threw a potluck in my honor and gave me $50 worth of iTunes gift cards. It's not even 11:30. It's the day I hoped for and it's been better than I could have possibly imagined.

u: smooth sailing for the rest of the day, no rain, homemade enchiladas + booze. Firefox updated itself and rendered itself unusable on my OS but Safari is not as bad as I remembered. It's Cloud Nine, baby.

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Apr 27, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

AltoidsAddict, you are a saint in a world that desperately needs them.

Felt like I was overthinking my entire to-do list this week and felt poorly physically. Body felt a lot better this morning and then at lunch I stood by the ocean that's now yards away from my office and everything else fell into perspective. It's going to be a good downhill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A busy and good Friday at work, finishing the first week at new job (and still loving everything about it), getting a half-off frappuccino + a burger and fries from In-n-Out, watching a movie with the wife, having nothing whatsoever to get up for tomorrow, dinner with a friend tomorrow night.