Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We made a big breakthrough in my research recently and my boss was really happy with the data I collected today. Also had an impromptu dinner with my two best grad school buddies.
Now I'm talking to my lovely girlfriend and our dog :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've spent a lot less money this week than I thought.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had Mac-N-Cheese for dinner.

Bro-fisted some person who was wearing a panda suit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I thought it was going to rain today but it's actually really nice out, so I ate lunch outside with a friend today.

Also I got to pet a super-fluffy Golden Retriever earlier too :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Saw my very attractive ladyfriend at the gym today. My God those legs :swoon:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Since my boss is at a conference this week, my lab's group meeting has been moved to one of our favorite bars in town :cheers:

EDIT: And it turns out my cousin is finally pregnant. She's been trying to get knocked up for a while, so good for her.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Apr 14, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thought I owed $500 in federal taxes, but due to some weird reciprocal tax law between Michigan and Indiana and just starting grad school/becoming a resident here, the $400 in state/county tax that IN took out is coming right back to me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
All my students turned their lab reports in on time today (except for the derelict who will most likely fail the course for the 2nd time, but I already gave up on him), even the ones who skipped class to drink for the huge inter-Greek House competition this weekend.

Also bro-fisted a guy in a green bodysuit today.

VV EDIT: Might wanna throw some content in there. At least in GBS, they've started to probate for posts with just "nice post-avatar/username combo". Just a warning!

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 21:09 on Apr 15, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of the main collaborators with the lab where I'm doing my grad work is coming to visit next week, and my boss wants me to sit in on a meeting with them and a couple of the senior grads, and maybe even present a few slides on what I've done lately!

I'm important yaaaay :unsmith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Amorphous Blob posted:

The 25 pounds I lost were found by my ex :toot:

I am a bitter and lonely man

Is this pounds as in weight or pounds as in money? I keep changing my mind on which it is.

Remembered a very good, very cheap soup recipe for my slow cooker. Four meals for $10 here I come!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
After a week of it glitching out for no apparent reason, my install of Baldur's Gate II works again :dance: No more Two Worlds for me!

EDIT: I was pretty bummed that I have to proctor an exam on Tuesday, but I just got my room assignment and I have a big crush on the AI who I'm paired up with :3:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Apr 18, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally got the drat calculations for my Computational Chem project to run. I had to do it on our in-house machine and not the big supercomputer here on campus, but the stuff I'm looking at is small enough where it's a non-issue.

GiggidyGoop posted:

Got to do an hour of voice acting for a videogame. A good one!

Cool, which one?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I read the previous post, remembered I have a George Foreman my sister sold me last year, and now know what I'm going to have for dinner tomorrow!
Need to get buns though :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
-Exam grading got pushed back to Monday, so I can take Friday afternoon off to drive and see my girlfriend this weekend.

-Got an A on my 2nd Spectroscopy midterm, so I'm on track for an A in that class provided I write a decent final report.

-Today during our final review my Computational Chem professor said "95% of the people who take this class get at least a B, so don't worry". Also got the computations for my project therein to finally work like I want them to.

-The combination of those last two bulletpoints means that I'll be off academic probation after this term :dance:

-AT&T coming to fix my cable finally (or at least they're supposed to)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of my best friends from college is pregnant :3: She's going to be a really really good mom.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I got my GPA back above 3.0, so I'm not getting kicked out of grad school! Sitting pretty at a 3.22 :hellyeah:

Also sat outside for a little bit, while talking to the mega-babe who works down the hall from me :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My girlfriend lost her keys last week. Today the police call her to tell her that someone dropped them off at the station, and that they found her through the PetCo member card attached to them. I told her to go buy a lotto ticket before her luck wears off :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I had a pretty productive day in the lab so I'm heading home early. And then I'm hanging out with two of my really good friends here later tonight.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My bank just called me to ask if I spent :10bux: at a Motel 6 today. I don't even know where there's a Motel 6 around here so they're cancelling my old card and sending me a new one for free. It sucks that I can't use it for a week but it's well worth it since I probably wouldn't have noticed someone else using my card until it was too late. Thanks Chase!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The chemistry stockroom at my university is giving away free acetonitrile. HPLC grade too! We grabbed like eight bottles of the stuff :hellyeah:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Drank heavily last night, woke up with a negligible hangover today.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My dog seems to be fully recovered from his neutering. My GF and I both agreed we'd do it but I still felt bad the day afterwards because he seemed so downtrodden, like he knew what we'd done.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My boss wasn't in today, so after a stressful week in the lab I'm heading out a little early to spend the weekend with my girlfriend :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
GF's birthday present (netbook) got delivered without a hitch. Got plenty of time to set it up before I see her next :dance:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm at a conference for my research and I got to flirt with a mega-cutie who was doing a poster for the morning session. She said she would come to my poster session this afternoon and "drill me" :quagmire:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Took the afternoon off work, and then mega departmental shellfish cookout tomorrow :hellyeah:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lackadaisical posted:

Graduation day :) I walk in under 2 hours.

Oh, and I found out one of my grades today: A.

Do you go to a small private liberal arts school in western Michigan? My alma mater has their Commencement today as well (I graduated last year).

Nothing to do today, so after a busy couple of weeks it's time to catch up on some gaming and LPs, and finally start cleaning my place to move out in a few weeks.
The only stain on my day? I'm out of toilet paper.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The George Foreman grill my sister sold me last August works :buddy: First time I've used it since buying it from her and I don't know why I didn't do so earlier.

EDIT: So nice, I used it twice! Gotta try not to overcook them next time, I eat tons of sushi but un(der)cooked meat scares me otherwise :ohdear:

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 02:14 on Jun 14, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Lucky you, my girlfriend never commented on my...traits until AFTER we had started dating. Also your avatar has been cracking me up ever since I started watching the DP LP last week.

Speaking of manliness, the weather is really nice here (and not too hot) so after work I'm headed to the gym, after which I'm making burgers for dinner :fsn:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Saw my very pretty ladyfriend at the gym today.
Those legs seriously belong in the Louvre or something :swoon:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Going to see my girlfriend tonight after almost a month without her :huh:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My tax return finally came back. $400 :toot: Too bad I owe my parents for covering some of what I owed for taxes back in April, but a little extra money is never bad.

Also went to visit my girlfriend and she's letting me borrow her PS3 for a couple months while she's moving :toot: Sure the only game she owns is the GoW Collection (which I made her buy) but I can finally pick up AC: Brotherhood and Shadows of the Damned, and maybe figure out her Welcome Back download.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just realized that there are five weekends in July this year :hellyeah:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of my neighbors offered to look after the stray kitten I found last night and to either adopt it or help it find a good home :3:

I'm also making mad bank on Steam's summer sale, and I only just registered on it last week. How have I lived until this moment?
Gonna have to get that gaming machine sooner rather than later, it seems.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Got the keys for my new apartment and not only is it a little larger than I remember, it turns out they were wrong and it actually DOES have a fireplace!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Guest commentated on my first LP, which was loads of fun :dance: I think I'm hooked!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just won two Matisyahu tickets by answering the trivia question "Who's(sp) front yard eventually became Arlington Cemetery????" on Facebook. I didn't even need to look it up, because I am a history geek.

Thomas Jefferson?

Despite everyone in my lab being on vacation I was able to scrounge up some help for moving tomorrow. Plus my parents are coming to help so two free meals for me this weekend!
Anyone want to come over and pack my kitchen for me?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a very painless move into my new apartment and it's baller as gently caress.

I don't even care that it's going to take AT&T a week to install internet and cable, it's just so nice and actually :10bux:/month cheaper than my last place :dance:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally checked out of my old apartment. First living space I ever paid for myself, so I'll miss it, but my new one is so much nicer.

Also bumped into two of my new neighbors last night/this morning, who both give off a real "girl next door" vibe :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did a whole day's worth of synthesis by myself without goofing anything (I am not a synthetic chemist in any sense of the word) :dance: