Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
This year in chem lab they're being really hardass, and I was fearing for my results last week. I came home to find out I got a 9/10. Yay!

Edit: Also, I only just realised when this semester started that if I chose anatomy, I could do Forensic Osteology next year which sounds so good. Sadly though, I didn't fulfill the prerequisites for a particular unit and the lady running the discipline wasn't very happy giving me special permission to take the subject. After a while of asking, I finally pulled out my last card which was some uni-related course I did three years ago in high school, and that was enough to convince her. Yay, now I can learn things that I'll enjoy.

Chroisman has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Mar 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
Mine is more a series of three days.

Friday: I was at the bus stop waiting for my bus, and a nice old lady came who couldn't read the small print of the timetable and asked me when her bus was coming. It was coming in 40 minutes, which was quite a wait in the cold(ish) weather. Since I don't live that far away from the bus stop and my afternoon was relatively free, I stayed at the bus stop to keep her company and chat with her even though loads of buses I could have taken passed by during that time. We had a lovely chat about my uni life and aspirations, and her friends and her medical conditions and how she handles them. I really hope I made her day, but I reckon I had a really good time too. I've never had such a nice lengthy chat with any strangers before.

Saturday: Work in the morning, which went well. Then in the early afternoon I was going out to meet some friends in the CBD to hang out and go for dinner later. Right after the bus left the bus stop, a pretty bad car accident happened right in front of the bus. I got off the bus and basically took control of the scene until the ambulance and police arrived. I've been a St. John Ambulance volunteer for about a year, but this is the biggest thing I've ever done. Think of it this way - I basically made the jump from giving people bandaids and telling them to put them on themselves, to handling a serious car accident. Dinner that night was great too.

Sunday: I had a St. John duty today, and the people doing the duty with me are good friends so we had a great time, especially since we only had to treat a couple of kids who grazed their knees, and spent the rest of the day playing around and having a great time. Also, before Saturday, I was well aware that I was usually not self-confident to the point where I would kind of drift into the background of a crowd because I was afraid to make myself known, or I wasn't confident in my abilities. After handling the car accident yesterday, I've been really proud and confident of myself and it feels amazing.