Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Cold pizza. Breakfast of champions, and the perfect way to start the day. :3: Best part is I didn't have to be paranoid about there being any left because my sister's fattyfatfat babydaddy finally moved the gently caress out, so food is no longer being inhaled in Kirby fashion from our fridge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

peepoogenderparts posted:

Sorry kids, but the gym girl totally blew me off. :( I feel like I let the good vibes of this thread down.

Pah, don't let that get you down about it. Keep tryin'! :patriot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Went to a hibachi grill with my great-grandmother on my mom's side. The chef gave me an extra large spatula-worth of delicious hibachi veggies :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rankin-Bass. The Hobbit. Anyone who has seen it, knows why this made my day. :swoon:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A long talk with my ex's significant other last night has left my self-confidence through the roof :blush: (In a good way, I should clarify. Her girlfriend is lovely and very much wants to meet me :3:)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I feel excited for Christmas for the first time in years. And I don't mean in the sense that I'm getting awesome poo poo, I mean excited for Christmas for Christmas' own sake. :woop:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got a new motherfucking computer! :dance::dance: And a proper computer chair! I'd been using a kitchen chair for almost a year. Several times today I've just stopped what I'm doing and spun around and round for a few minutes- I'd forgotten what a joy it is to be able to swivel in place.

And my niece got The Lion King soundtrack :3: We spent all day rocking out to Be Prepared.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This is actually from like the day before yesterday, but I finally got an update on why the company that services my cochlear implant won't loving fix it! :dance: Sure, it's a setback still, but at least now I know why they won't do it instead of them avoiding my calls to set up an appointment to get the programming remapped. (For the curious, apparently as soon as I turned 18 I reached some magical age where they suddenly had no more obligation to fix my poo poo and dropped me like a hot potato. Due to several years of good luck on my part with my poo poo not breaking, I did not find this out until just recently. I'm 21.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Lady of the Beech posted:

Okay, I think that's ridiculous.

It is, but what can ya do? I'm just happy to know why, It was loving maddening not knowing what the hell was going on while they were giving me the runaround. Apparently, now I have to go direct to the audiologist who implanted the internal part of the cochlear implant in my head way back when I was 6 if I want to get it remapped. So yeah, the people who fixed my ability to hear from the age of 6 up until the modern day told me to gently caress off when my stuff broke :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My joy is twofold today! I finally got an appointment to get my cochlear implant fixed (next Wednesday), and my cats are all being cuddly today :3: Mmm, fuzz.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My cochlear implant gets fixed tomorrow! :woop: So excited. Its been busted for weeks. Gonna blast aaaaall my music when it's workin' again. :rock:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Feb 21, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:woop:The replacement cochlear implant arrived today!:woop: Gettin' it programmed next wednesday, then I'll finally be able to fuckin' hear again!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My cochlear implant arrived a few days ago and just today got programmed!

:siren::buddy: I CAN HEEEEEEEEAR! :buddy::siren:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got new shirts and they don't overheat me like a motherfucker :dance: (I'm incredibly picky about the texture/material of my shirts. They pass the test! :toot:)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I actually got off my rear end and updated my LP! :woop: Feels good to break out of that shell of :effort: that delayed it for almost two years.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Having my first cup of coffee in a week. Aaaah, come to daddy, sweet dark roast... :cool::coffee:

VVV :hfive: I turn (officially) 22 a few weeks after you do. Sup, celebration-drink buddy!

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:45 on May 25, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A-Kon preregistry stopped loving around with my application :toot: Now I can freely mingle with hordes of cosplaying nerds this weekend!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My birthday is next week! :toot::dance::toot: And for the first time in a while I don't feel lovely about getting older and not having made something of myself by now!

Also, found my ring! :neckbeard: I don't often find rings that fit me, and even less often do I spend money on jewelery for myself. Never letting this little bastard out of my sight again.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:55 on Jun 19, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

As of the time of this posting, I am officially 22. :toot: :dance: :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I finally had a talk with my dad about his drinking and how it affects the rest of the family. :unsmith: He promised he'd try to cut back on it. It's not much, but it's a start.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This is probably a little assholish, but I had to explain to an old friend of mine what goatse was- she'd never seen it before. Somehow, we're still friends. :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A girl is talking to me and seems genuinely interested in me. :unsmith: If it works out, I might not be single anymore. If not, I've got a new friend. Win-win!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Turns out we've been slightly overpaying for our cable all this time. We exchanged paying for Showtime (which we didn't know we got and didn't watch anyway) for Cable Internet :dance: 9 megs per second, baby! Suck a great big fat one, AT&T, you're never getting our money again! Our total cable bill is four bucks cheaper now, even :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We're doing Christmas at my grandmothers place this weekend :woop: We haven't been over in a few years, mostly due to petty family drama, but a bit of putting feet down and demanding people get over themselves goes surprisingly far.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A girl I like has shown a little bit of interest in me as well, and I finally succeeded in motivating myself to go to the gym instead of it depending on my mood and whether said mood was trashed that day :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A girl I like has shown a little bit of interest in me as well, and I finally succeeded in motivating myself to go to the gym instead of it depending on my mood and whether said mood was trashed that day :toot:

Said girl has shown further interest, and I've come to the realization that I actually, genuinely like her too :unsmith: (Sounds like kind of an assholish thing to say but after getting my heart broken I was a bit :emo: so this is a genuine surprise for me.) I hope it works out. I feel like a 13 year old all over again, I'm all nervous and paranoid about what I say/do that might screw things up.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Apr 29, 2013

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We had our first date today (if you consider going to all three days of A-Kon and meeting up all three days dates). I didn't gently caress up! She wasn't repulsed by me being out of shape!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

She wants to go on another date with me! :unsmith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

She *still* wants to go out with me! :dance: I haven't had a potential relationship last this long or do this well in almost seven years.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My cat isn't dying! :toot: Vet gave 'im an antibiotic shot and some pills.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My first time using the crockpot turned out wonderfully :woop: Admittedly it's just potato soup, not exactly difficult but still! Progress!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:chef: Finally got to cook some meat using a barbecue sauce I made instead of storebought stuff. :supaburn: Potent stuff, but hey, my sinuses are clear now!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:frogsiren: :slick: I GOT THE JOB! :slick: :frogsiren:

Edit: not only that but I look dashing as gently caress in my winter uniform even if the dress shirt sleeves are too short :kamina: I feel confident in my uniform.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Nov 2, 2013

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:toot: :20bux: I got paid! :20bux: :toot: Not as much as I'd like, but most of it was training pay. Next time will be more substantial!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I had a good hundred bucks more then expected left over after paying off the cable bill :shepspends:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I put together a model for the first time in years :neckbeard: I even found a pair of tweezers to put those drat little stickers on properly. Feels good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Upgraded my computers RAM :woop: Four whole gigs now! Why the gently caress anyone thought just two was a good idea is beyond me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Shoulda done more, even 4 is pushing it these days. I know I'm moving up from 4 as soon as I can afford it.

I'd love to, but apparently all this motherboard will accept is 4. I'm saving up to build a completely new computer from scratch with a minimum of 8 gigs, if I don't decide to go balls out and slap as much into it as my version of Win7 can handle. Go big or go home :whatup:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This was actually last night but it snowed like six inches and I had a fantastic time watching our puppy lose her loving mind :3: She couldn't decide if she wanted to eat the snow or dance in it or just zoom everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My boss finally unfucked her printer so we get our timesheets to sign. I can stop worrying if I'll get paid! Also I've managed to save almost 200 bucks from the last paycheck too; if I can keep this up I can replace my shitbox of a computer in a few months!