Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bought a ratty looking bookshelf at Goodwill a week ago for $4.99. It was obviously in a kid's room because it had stickers and writing all over it, and it was haphazardly painted bright orange. I didn't care for any of that because it was solid wood (none of that pressed wood poo poo) and had lots of potential for what I had in store for it.

Fast forward to this morning when I have a day off, and I had it sanded and painted before noon. Let it dry for the rest of the day, rubbed it down and cleaned it, and now it looks totally bitchin' holding my full record collection (had a bunch of records stored away because I had no place to put them) with another shelf for even more records. Something as simple as that made my day today. This also means I can buy more records!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

After half-assedly going through my record collection last night, I apparently have Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits in mono. I do not remember ever owning this. I've got his albums on CD, but only have Greatest Hits I and II on record and I'm hearing the mono mixes for the first time in a long time, and all I can say is holy poo poo. Bonus points for an original vinyl source.

Makes me want to buy the mono boxset, but I think I'll just seek out the original mono records instead!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Got a brand new Audio Technica AT311EP cartridge in the mail today for a $2 Sansui linear tracking turntable I'd bought a week ago at a yard sale. In anticipation, I cleaned the hell out of the turntable internally and externally, cleaned and oiled the tonearm shaft and spindle bearing, and put a new belt on the tonearm drive.

The cartridge arrived today to finish everything off, and holy poo poo. My records never sounded better. This turntable beats the hell out of the old Technics I've had for some time. I can't wait for this cartridge to break in and really shine. Love this turntable.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just finished my last two finals which I feel I aced! I'm taking the summer off to do several major projects around the house. I never had the time before, but now I finally do!

Woo, summer! :snoop:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Finally got a job after ten grueling months of filling out thousands of job applications, only getting three call backs for an interview and then never hearing from them again, and battling a near bankruptcy filing. I go into HR tomorrow and begin the paperwork, and in two weeks, I'll be a working man with money again :homebrew: