Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Came into work this morning to find a meeting invite titled "Emergency meeting!" with the description "We have urgent issues to discuss," and of course my first thought is gently caress I am in so much trouble. I don't know why my first thought is always that I'm in trouble, but it is. I go into my boss's office, whole department (all 4 of us) is gathered there. And then we go next door to her boss's office and now I know something bad is going on.

But instead of getting yelled at, I received a thank you award from one of the VPs here, a $200 gift card, and a hug from both my boss and my boss's boss for all the work I do, which is nice because I've been busting my rear end around here for the past couple of weeks on a massive project :) poo poo, that made my entire MONTH awesome. I know $200 isn't a whole lot, but really just being recognized for good work makes me happy. I swore to my boss I'd use it for something fun and nothing practical, so I'm gonna go out and buy a whole bunch of fun but completely unnecessary poo poo from Joann Fabrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Had a super high priority "Oh god we need 15 webpages and an animated flash piece built TODAY," high profile campaign start up today at work. I didn't get the info for it until 9:30 am, and it had to go live at 3:30 pm today.

Hit my deadline, got a ton of kudos from some very high profile folks. :cool: And even though I didn't complain about the total lack of any kind of notice or effort on their parts to warn us that this was coming, my boss got mad for me and sent them a chastizing email warning them that I was very busy, very important, and to try not to stress me out with poo poo like that.

I love my boss, and I love my job.

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Just turned in my term paper, on my way to my last final, and from there I'm going to the Rammstein concert tonight! This hell of a semester is loving over!

It's been a few years since I saw them, but the last Rammstein concert I saw was KICK rear end. I am very jealous of you right now, and I bet you'll have an awesome time :)

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
I got a raise at work :neckbeard: It's not even time for my annual review!

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Was talking to my brother on the phone like we do every week. I wished him a happy father's day, and he said "Awww thanks. Love you bye!" when we hung up. We're close but we rarely say love you, so it just made my whole day :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That thing I sent
May 27, 2010

I'm a Bro-ny!
Took my dog on a good long walk today and now she's passed out on the floor, tired and happy and obviously dreaming because she keeps twitching her big ol' dumb feet and doing those little chirpy barks she does when she's chasing something fun. I hope she catches it in her dream this time! :3: