Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I spent all morning cleaning my apartment and doing laundry, all while listening to awesome music. Now I'm all motivated to start (and probably finish) a huge paper that's worth a good portion of my grade for one of my classes. I'm going to convince the world that Gruzenberg's memoir is truest to the essence of Imperial Russia.

Like a loving boss :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Last night a friend gave me a card and a gift and told me I'd changed her life and she was going to miss me when I leave. Made me cry.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I feel pretty, and guys have been staring at me all day. And I get to sing in public again tonight, then record with my best friends. Today is a good day.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Went to my city's pride festival by myself on a whim and ended up seeing a lot of friends. They're all theatre people and performed some numbers from the Civic's season closer, and everybody loved it.

I love being back home.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I went on a date today with a really sweet guy. It was my first date ever. We're going to keep hanging out and seeing where it goes :)

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I spent most of last night and into early this morning with someone I really care about and we talked about everything in the world. Someday I might get brave enough and tell him how I feel.

Today I saw a friend that's been living in Indonesia for the past two or three years; she's finally back home and we're going to get coffee and catch up next week.

And just now, I was talking to one of the little middle school kids I used to work with when I was in high school. Now he's in high school (oh my god). I think I just inspired him to lighten up a little and not be so cynical.

This has been a good day.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I just made some loving rainbow cupcakes for my friend's birthday. I'm going to drive out to her place and then we are going to watch TV and eat loving RAINBOW CUPCAKES.

I'm just really excited about the cupcakes you guys.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Spent most of the afternoon reading in the sun by my grandparents' pool. I'm finally starting to tan without burning. Tomorrow I get to house- and dog-sit for them. Just me and the schnauzer, catching rays.

Oh, and I finally beat my grandma at a board game. This is a big deal.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I just ran into Michael Bublé on the street.

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

That makes it sound like I hit him with my car. I mean I was walking downtown and he was outside his hotel and I gave him directions to the mall and the park and advised him not to go to a different mall and then I took a picture with him.

Vigilante Banana has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Aug 10, 2011

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I had ten or so friends over last night. This is the first time since I was a very small child that I've had more than a few people over at my house. Everyone had fun and complimented my hostessing skills, and they all liked my dogs :3:

Then today I got a call from a job that I really want, and now I have an interview!

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Classes start tomorrow. New school, new (double) major. Possibilities are endless. Today was the last day of new student orientation, which I finished out by attending a picnic thrown by the music department and found out about auditions for the a cappella group. It's really popular, the auditions are really competitive, and I'm terrified I won't get in. The rush is incredible.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I feel really at home at my new school. This is my third university in as many years, and transferring this much (plus a double major) has delayed my graduation date considerably. I planned on being stuck here for the duration whether I loved it or hated it. So far I couldn't be happier.

My new job is gearing up to be an adventure. A lot of hard work, and it's going to be challenging, frustrating, and heartbreaking at times (working with disadvantaged kids at an after-school program), but it's going to be incredible and my teammates are awesome.

To top it all off, after a kind of lovely day, I got to volunteer for the first time in almost a month. Two cats got adopted out while I was there. Then I got home and found out that I was accepted into a selective choir at school and we'll likely be touring in Venezuela at the end of the school year. I'm kind of beside myself with joy right now.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
It's only the end of the third week of school and I have so many friends. For the first time in three years, I'm excited to go to classes every day. Took me three different schools to find someplace I belong.

And my cousin who is like my sister had her baby today. I am an aunt. I just don't even know how to say what I feel right now.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
So not today, but all events are recent. Yesterday, one of my close friends from high school sent me a text message. We haven't really spoken lately, and she's not really one to make efforts to contact me (I'm usually the one who asks if she has free time to catch up), so I was a little surprised. Just out of the blue, she wanted to ask me if I would sing at her wedding. She and her dude aren't engaged yet, but they're planning on it. I almost cried.

Yesterday was my last final. I'm officially done with the semester, and I'm officially done with a major that I absolutely hate and classes that drive me insane. Screw chemistry, overachievement, and marketability. I don't need a science-humanity double major. I'mma just study history from here on out.

On Tuesday I had a voice hearing with my choir director. He complimented me on my solo at our concert last weekend and raved about my voice the whole time. After the concert I'd been worried that he was disappointed with me because he didn't say anything.

And last weekend, at my a cappella group's Christmas party, our director (different guy) told me that he'd recommended me to the jazz instructor for a pop cover band that the professor's trying to start. My friend is on a career path that will hopefully lead to Broadway, and when I mentioned that I'd wanted to do the same thing for the longest time, he got frustrated and told me I should have stuck with it.

Lately I've been so discouraged about my life, my friends, my future, and I've been convinced that I'm just not good at the things I used to be great at. This last week has definitely boosted my self-esteem.

fake edit: oh yeah I got paid yesterday so now I can go buy my brothers' Christmas gifts and get coffee.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Today was awesome because it was the first day all week that I wasn't too sick to get out of bed. I played Santa to some of my family members, then took a present out to one of my really good friends. I thought I was just going to drop off her gift and say hi to her family, but I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon and evening at her house. It has been so long since we last spent time together, it was wonderful to just hang out with her and play music and sing. I got to meet her dude, and he is awesome and I wholeheartedly approve.

And tomorrow is Christmas so I have cinnamon rolls rising in the oven.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My day's awesome because it's New Year's Eve, which means Twilight Zone Marathon on the SciFi channel.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay

CrackSpider posted:

Finally got around to seeing a new episode of my favorite show (which hasn't had a new episode in a year, more or less), and I was on the edge of a scream the whole time because everything about it was perfect.

EDIT: Just found out my boyfriend gifted me a copy of Portal 2 on Steam :3:

You're talking about Sherlock, aren't you? Sherlock Sherlock Sherlock :3:

My day was awesome because I made plans to go see a friend I haven't seen in a long while tomorrow. And because I saw the new Sherlock episode.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Twelve hours in a recording studio every day for the next week. :dance:

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My dad had a stroke three nights ago. Today he's able to wiggle his feet, roll over on his side without help, and he can almost sit up a little.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
The baroque operetta I'm in is almost ready. Today we rehearsed with a baroque ensemble, including a harpsicord.

Harpsicord!

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I've had the stomach flu since Thursday night. Today was the first day that I was able to get out of bed, AND the first day I was able to keep down solid food!

Also, I was better in time for my a cappella rehearsal today. The weather was so nice that we decided to practice outside of the student center, and we drew an audience. The campus news channel even recorded us for a bit.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
My loving boss put me in a position where I had to be the person to make a bunch of small children cry because she doesn't have the foresight to allow a reasonable amount of time for the kids to have a fun field trip, so on my way back to school after work I was angry and driving with my music loud and my windows down. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness came on, and I started halfheartedly rocking out in my car, when I came to a stop sign. A man in a suit was crossing the street. About halfway across, when he was right in front of my car, he started playing air guitar and danced the rest of the way across the street.

Made the rest of my evening infinitely better.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Tomorrow morning my 8AM class is cancelled because my professor is out of town, and my 9:25 class is an optional test that I don't have to take because I already have an A and she drops the lowest test grade. I can sleep in tomorrow morning, so tonight I can stay up drinking and watching Golden Girls with my dog.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I was hanging out with one of my good friends who happens to be a ridiculously attractive (gay) guy, and a stranger came up to us and asked if we were a couple. Someone thought that I was pretty enough to be my friend's girlfriend.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
He told me he likes me.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Today I got a paper back from my hardest class that I was sure was a C paper, B- at best. I got an A-.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Desmond Tutu delivered the commencement speech at my university's graduation ceremony today, and I got to sit in the front row right next to the stage because I sang at the ceremony. He is so. Freaking. Cool.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Started back at school today. This is the first year since I left high school that I've come back to the same school I left in the Spring. Not having to worry about learning a new campus, figuring out which teachers are great and which professors suck, or being all alone and having to make all new friends is the most incredible feeling.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Tonight, I hung out with a really good friend of mine who I haven't seen in almost half a year, because he graduated and moved back home last spring. I also discovered that I am no longer in love with said friend, who is gay. I'm so done pining over guys I can't have! (For the moment.)

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I just got at A on a paper for my hardest class that I thought for sure was a low B paper at best. I'm so relieved; this professor is going to be my thesis director next Fall and I've been freaking out all semester that he thinks I'm an idiot. Now he knows I can do good work.

Also, my last week or so has been pretty awesome because my antidepressant is starting to work. Life's ok, you guys :) If Wandering Knitter is reading this, thank you so much for the pm you sent. You have no idea how encouraging it was to know I'm not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I fly to Vienna today for a singing tour of Austria and Germany.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!