Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I do newspaper research on various things and stumbled upon this one from a small, weekly. Spellings are as they appear in the paper:

quote:

December 13, 1945
O'Possum Caught in Chicken House Here

A big o'possum was caught in the chicken house of Mrs. J.L. Neese, by her son, Mr. Leon Neese, last week while he was preparing to eat one of her fat hens. The o'possum had the hen down on the ground and was biting flesh from her back when Mr. Neese arrived.

As a result both the o'possum and hen were eaten later by the Neese family.

Georgia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Phillies drafted Larry Greene.

Greene is from my hometown. There isn't much to be proud of coming out of my tiny hometown and to have an actual athlete be considered this elite is very nice.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The second half of Mom's birthday present came today, I finally got a call from someone wanting my input in a football book he's writing and I'm not sore after riding my bike yesterday.

I should have played Cash 3. I haven't had this many things go right in a single day in a long time.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I made some boiled peanuts and they actually taste pretty decent.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I haven't thoroughly cleaned up around my computer desk in I guess two years and decided it was time to do so today. In a stack of things was an Easter card from my grandmother, postmarked 2009.

I found $10 in it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My 80+-year-old grandmother, who is from far enough back in the sticks to have never used a credit card, VCR or a computer, went to Chik-fil-a and purchased me a gift card for my birthday. That may have been the first gift card she has ever bought.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm in Borders to see how good the markdowns are at this point.

As I walk in, I hear something familiar playing on the store's speakers. I realize I know the lyrics, but the name is escaping me. It hits me: Queen's The Prophet's Song. My goodness, no one ever plays that, even on more creative radio stations. You know what would be cool? If they played the next track... Whoa. They are. It's Love of My Life. The store plays the rest of A Night at the Opera and I have to keep myself from singing along to Good Company. A few minutes after they finish out the album, they then play Walk the Dinosaur.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Won $25 for 3rd place in a newspaper football pick 'em contest.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

One of the radio stations played Led Zeppelin's Going to California this afternoon. I haven't thought about that song in years, much less heard it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When I moved three weeks ago and turned in my cable equipment, I was told I'd have a prorated bill this month. I got the notice for the bill in my email and go to the website and see there's no charge. That must be wrong, but the billing service seems to be down. I call up the service so I can pay the bill over the phone. The guy looks it up and he says there's no outstanding charges.

Played Saints Row 2 and knocked out one of the strongholds that had been kicking my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My boss just told me I deserved my day off tomorrow.

He also lightened my work load slightly. The latter is actually the more awesome part as I had been having zero luck getting it done.

Also the Atlanta Falcons won today and Georgia beat Florida yesterday.