Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Danaru posted:

Got confirmation I'm getting the full $2000 essential worker bonus for being a hospital janitor during covid :toot: Tax man took a fat slice to the tune of like 700 bucks, but I'm poor enough that I'll likely get most of it refunded in february

If you're in the USA Trump is putting through a thing so they take out a whole bunch less income tax till Dec and then double the normal amount after that. So maybe expect a bit less of that back than you would hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I submitted my paperwork to renew my contract at work a while ago and heard nothing back. Figured this meant it wasn't going to get renewed which happens but was a bit of a dick move not to mention it. Contract ends in a couple of weeks so asked my manager how he wants to deal with handover as contract renewal hasn't happened.

He lost his poo poo and it turns out HR was just being lazy. Still employed and can safely stay bunkered at home and continue to eat.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Invictus posted:

It's been an extremely long few days.

We are so happy.

It's very on brand for 2020 to have "severe pneumonia" being the good news. Glad to hear it's not the roni and wishing her a safe and speedy recovery.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

20k of trail running through this.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Einarr Saltyman posted:

I finally able to defeat the sloth within me to register in this forum and to post my first post.

Allow me to be the first to tell you to lurk more then ;)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Seriously super :blessed: posts coming. Awesome stuff everyone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

My absolute worst client (just a huge rear end in a top hat, smug, condescending, demanding, total shitbag, always asking to do things he knows he's not allowed to do) is not my problem anymore. In fact, he's not my bank's problem anymore. I wish I could say more because it's hilarious and juicy as hell. Oh well, hope the prison system is nice to him.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand posted:

Please tell me he somehow bet all his wealth on Trump winning today or something. I mean, this is awesome either way but that'd just make it funnier.

Based on previous posts it sounds like he's going to prison and this was already well in place before the election.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'll probably be fired tomorrow, but I finally got my credit-stealing boss into a situation where he had to give a presentation on my work on short notice at a cabinet meeting. Guy has been inserting himself in email chains and meetings implying that he's in charge of all my projects for years (he is not, he has no idea what the hell I do).

From what I hear he wasn't able to answer even basic questions on the subject and a vp even snapped at him for it. Not sure what that means to me in the future but it sure feels good today.

Sounds to me like there is a position opening up that you're qualified for.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Got back from a 50k overnight hike that was absolutely lovely. Went to the gelato place near me as a post hike treat and their bank system was down which meant cash or use their app. My phone battery had died taking pics on the hike and I had no cash because it's roni days and you tap everywhere. Lady behind the counter gave me the cone and just said come buy another one later.

Gratuitous hike pics

Common Fringe Lily

Ephemeral pool - it's a sandy bottom pool so only has water when there has been a bit of recent rain. It's about 500m from the campsite so very welcome to have a swim in after a good days hiking.

Fresh water on tap so you don't need to carry 2 days worth.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

I've been really struggling with mental health during the pandemic, but I finally saved enough money to order a new bike. It feels great having something positive on the horizon to look forward to as another life preserver to help keep me afloat.

Bullhorns rule \m/

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:getin:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

You have to let us see the dog.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

On my evening walk I saw a Powerful Owl. It was sitting in the lowest branch of a tree happily whooping away while I stood there to admire it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hopefully James Franco decides he wants to have this become his pigeon hole and plays you in the direct to TV movie.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

After a week of pretty terrible weather my run this morning was pretty good.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

My dad never taught me to fix my own bike, for reasons.

I bought a pump from the store, looked up how to fix bike tires online, and zoomed down the big hill in my new city
i should have done this so much sooner

Sorry about your dad not teaching you how to fix bikes but thankfully in the days of youtube it's super easy to find a video on what you need to do to fix basically everything with your bike. Park Tools and RJ the Bike Guy are both amazing channels to show you how to basically fix everything and anything you could possibly want to.

It's all pretty straight forward too so you can keep bombing down those hills as often as you want.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

I moved a few weeks ago and switched to my new address on Nextdoor. Apparently, this is happening.

lmao, a legend does that. That is who.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

*squints*

I guess if they're legally blind or scrolling on a potato but....

Wait, is the neighbor a cop?

Next door is made for self styled neighbourhood cops. It wouldn't exist without them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phy posted:

My wife got her second covid shot. That would be cause enough for being awesome, considering she works in a public-facing role and has one of the conditions that exacerbate covid. When she had her first shot, she had an allergic reaction to something in the solution, bad enough that she got epi jabs and a trip to the hospital for observation. (She's had allergic reactions to other vaccinations in the past, so we are were expecting it, but still.) So we figured she was probably boned for a second dose.

But nope, our local health board set her up with an allergist who administered the second shot as a slow drip along with a fuckton of antihistamines. She's gonna be real sleepy the rest of the day, but she's a whole lot safer, just in time for the delta wave.

One of the few people out there who vaccines actually fucks over and she still takes it like a champ. Tell your wife that at least one random dude on the internet thinks she's a hero.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

My daughter had her pre-K orientation today and I can't stop crying

It's awesome and so sweet but also when the gently caress did this happen

Earlier today going by your post.

:kimchi:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Guys!!

You guys!!!

I AM 60 DAYS SOBER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had stretches of 28 and 55 days before, but this is my current record. gently caress you, alcohol. You don't control me anymore.

:hellyeah:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

May I suggest pocket for your articles that you wish to read but not right now. Saves having a million tabs open and they've even got a handy app for your phone that allows you to read everything in the one spot if you're not at your computer to read things. This way you've streamlined your list of things that you're ignoring into one spot like me :negative:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I am 100 days sober today!

ONE. HUNDRED.

:thurman:
:hellyeah:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hit a 365 day streak in Duolingo. Still suck at language and have absolutely been phoning it in the last little bit just to keep the streak going. Life should be a bit more settled in the new year so working on it properly again soon is looking promising and keeping the habit in play should hopefully help.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I got to commit Christmas fraud this morning. Some lady was outside throwing a couple of bits of "eaten" carrot on the ground to pretend the reindeer had been snacking on them. I happened to be running past at just the right time so got enlisted to excitedly tell some kids that I just saw Santa and look at the stuff the reindeer left on the ground as they sped away.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You're all cheering for it going well but none of you are asking the right questions.

j/k congrats on a super stressful thing going really well for you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've posted elsewhere, I'm fairly certain, about my cochlear implant. The current model processor I have is being End of Life'd later this year. The Nucleus model processor in my head is 25+ years old at this point; eventually, I will have to have another surgery to replace it with a newer model because the new stuff's programming just will not be able to talk to the old hardware anymore. It's not a deliberate obsoletion, it's just how programming has changed over time.

Whenever that will be, it will not be this time. I received a notice in the mail from the Cochlear company about the two newest processors they have- one of which is compatible with my implant. I had resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that my next upgrade would need a head surgery; now, it doesn't. At least for a little longer.

Do you have any idea who much the head surgery gear would upgrade sound quality / qol over just new attachments?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sucks that you backed your new car into a flesh coloured pole though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rainbow Knight posted:

I ran into my optometrist this afternoon at my work. through conversation I mentioned that the lenses of my glasses were getting scratched up and I was going to bug him for some new ones soon. we parted ways but then he came back from his office to tell me I was still within my 2 year warranty period (by seven days) so he ordered new ones for me

so :woop: I get to save money

Really nice of them to drop that on you rather than wait a week and slug you for new ones.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hit a 666 day streak in Duolingo on Halloween :devil:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This evening we got the letter that Kazakhstan officially recognizes my marriage to a citizen of Kazakhstan. That means I get to apply for kazakhstani citizenship in a few years which is neat but not exactly beneficial. More importantly than that by far, it means our little twins are legally, officially, paperwork done, lil baby passports printed, citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Which still doesn't mean much to most people I guess but to us it means everything.

Like by contrast they're explicitly denied their mother's russian citizenship because they were born outside of Russia to only one russian. Kazakhstan embraces us and Russia flat out sent a letter saying "gently caress off race mixers" and hoo boy sometimes it's nice to just see a nice letter that thinks your kids are cool.

This is all well and good but it really looks like you've tried very hard to avoid saying "my wife" here which is just not on.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

With the way things are shaking out at the moment not having Russian citizenship is probably for the best. They're not really winning hearts and minds in a lot of the world right now.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sitting on the couch with my puppy curled up next to me watching the lunar eclipse out the window. Life has its moments.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This is really Saturday not today but I completed my goal of the year to run a marathon every month. As the year went on I got more and more anxious about catching covid and getting so close to completing the goal but failing at the end due to illness. That didn't happen though and I have now managed to bag what is a pretty decent effort.

I promptly caught covid at an xmas party literally the evening of the day I reached my goal

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I've had problems with wax in my ears before and really getting in every little nook and cranny in the ear with a towel when drying post shower does wonders to help prevent build up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

No just the bits of an ear you can reach. Not shoving it down the canal itself. More power to you if you can fit a whole towel down there but that's beyond my capabilities.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

Even though I know the answer will inevitably be "no," I still intend to ask if there's any way the ring bearer can be an actual bear.

They make actual teddy bear ring bearers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Don't do anything until you're signed. Blowing poo poo up right at the finish line is a tale as old as time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless posted:

No matter how old I get (currently 23) or how many times I see it, people using “wrap it up (word)-ailures” will always make me laugh

More like painless