Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
A couple years ago my PC's power supply blew out, and since then a 1TB hard drive which housed a lot of important files I'd been working on for a long time mysteriously shrank and would only show up in Windows as "32MB Raw". I tried everything I could think of to get it back, but nothing worked. I hung onto the drive just in case, but sort of forgot about it for a while.

Today I happened upon a hard drive tool that restores shrunken hard drives to original capacity. Turns out it's a fairly common conflict in the BIOS of my specific motherboard model. I hooked up the shrunken drive and figured I'd just get a formatted terrabyte back, but my entire file structure was also completely intact. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU