Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My Master's thesis project final review today went totally awesome and all of the outside reviewers loved it. So that kind of made my entire last two semesters worth of sleepless nights while working on this project entirely worthwhile, and I've gained a great amount of confidence in my design skills as a result.

I think the highlight of the review was my work being compared to Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities.

So I'm graduating with a Masters of Architecture on Sunday from the University of Michigan, which is currently the #1 M.Arch Program in the country. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Graduated with a Master of Architecture degree today :)

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

happyflurple posted:

I had my friend round because I'd not seen him since I moved and I introduced him to my two housemates. One is an Asian-Canadian girl who speaks absolutely perfect English (because she was brought up in loving Canada) but for whatever reason he started putting on his 'foreigner' voice, imagine Basil Fawlty speaking to the Germans. Holy poo poo. It was so loving funny because she's just looking at him like 'what'. I know it's probably hideously racist/ignorant but I just love watching the reactions he gets cos he genuinely doesn't realise. He doesn't do it to be patronising, it's just like he hears someone with a non-British accent and immediately dumbs himself down.

The Germans is possibly the best episode of television ever made.

My day was awesome because I got an email from a firm in Boston that I really want to work for saying they'd probably have an opening mid-December. I really hope in mid-December I can come back to this thread and report more good news.