Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I posted last night in the What Ruined Your Day thread, about not having enough cash to go see my girlfriend on her birthday today. (Amongst other lovely things)

My brother came over with beers to cheer me up last night and gave me 20 bucks so I could make it out there and back. That's not what made my day really awesome though.

This morning, I woke up to find that a very kind goon had PM'd me offering to paypal me some cash so I could get out to see her :3: I won't name him in case he wants to remain anonymous, but that really made my day. Made my whole week, actually! I didn't take him up on the offer, because everything's good now, but just that someone would do that makes me feel awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Spent the entirety of yesterday with my girlfriend on her birthday. It was awesome, she loved the gift I got her and she was really happy, even though she's not generally a happy person.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I had a poo poo couple of days which I posted about in the other thread.

Last night my brother calls me up and asks if I want to drink beer and play guitar with him and his girl. I did, and it was awesome. Then I made myself 3am beans on toast with bacon and worcestershire sauce, and it was awesome. Then I woke up not hungover at all, to a call from my girlfriend and she wants to come over tonight. There will be roast beef for dinner, and then movies and maybe more beer. Great day.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I've been having car trouble lately. My brother's just got a really nice new company car. Today I texted him to see if I could borrow his old corolla to run some errands. He responded with "Sure, key's on my desk. Don't bother asking next time and keep the key". I'm pretty sure he didn't just give me a car, but it's a really nice gesture anyway.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

A mate and I just had beers and watched movies. I haven't seen him for 3 weeks but it feels like it's been forever. He's moving interstate soon to be with his girlfriend, which sucks badly, but it was extremely awesome to spend time with him, doing what we do best. Which is drinking and making fun of movies.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

IM_DA_DECIDER posted:

Found out how ridiculously easy, fast and cheap it is to make your own burgers, eliminating the need to go to lovely fast food places to indulge my urges. Truly a giant step for mankind.

Go post in the Bachelor thread, especially if you've got some innovative tip for making better burgers. My girlfirend has been teaching me to make awesome pizzas, which brightens my day every time we do it.

I made my first solo awesome pizza at home the other night, it was delicious but way too small. That made my day awesome and lovely at the same time.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I stepped in something soft in the hallway in the dark, and I was sure it was going to be dogshit. So I fumbled for the light switch so I wouldn't spread poo poo around everywhere and it turned out to just be a sock.

The relief was awesome.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Not today, but yesterday was extremely awesome. It was my birthday, and everyone I wanted to see showed up, and I got some really thoughtful gifts. Best birthday I've had for years.

Especially because my girl hand-sewed me some cushions for my couch:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I built my new computer and everything worked perfectly and was easier than I expected and it's just so nice to have it.

Also, the sun is shining, there's a nice breeze blowing, the temperature isn't loving freezing and my jasmine plants have decided it's spring so everything smells nice.

Also, my mate just got back from sea and we'll get to hang out in the next day or two, which is kick rear end.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Discovered that I'm losing significant amounts of weight, which is a big deal for me. Awesome.

I should be getting the final piece of my new computer this afternoon, which will also be awesome.

My mate is back from his 6 week shift at sea, and we're going drinking this weekend.

My girlfriend's sister just had her second kid and the kid is healthy (there were some worries based on ultrasound).

One of my favorite 90s bands is playing at a local pub next week and I just got tickets.

I'm going to dinner with my other mate and his fiancee tonight and she's a really awesome cook (and their kids are cute as hell).

In short, everything is going right for me today :)

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Modal Auxiliary posted:

You can't just say this and not tell me what band it is. I need my nostalgia fix!

Jebediah. http://www.jebediah.net/

Not the best band in the world, but good memories of seeing them live when I was a teenager.

The first three vids on their site are worth watching (Military Strongmen, Leaving Home, and Harpoon) since they're all from the first album Slightly Oddway.

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Aug 10, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

They're not a lot like Frenzal at all really. Jeb shows were usually uni students and people like that. In fact, they often played at universities. Frenzal shows were... somewhat different.

If you liked Harpoon, you'll probably like the cover by Something For Kate, which is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksaYv0XFbJk

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Saw one of my favorite Aussie bands last night. Realized that the youngest person at the show would have been 2 when their first album came out, but it didn't matter because everyone seemed to get into the music.

Also, woke up to an SMS from my girlfriend - she's unexpectedly coming over - and the smell of my mate cooking bacon for us.

Awesome day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

My rare earth magnets arrived yesterday and I've been sticking things to other things with them all afternoon. Yes, I'm a huge nerd who derives pleasure from the stupidest things.

Edit: My Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap also arrived and it's pretty awesome.

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 1, 2011