Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I work in the main office of a bank. Our building does a quarterly blood drive for the red cross. While I was giving my blood, the CEO of our company came in and started talking to people who were donating. He struck up a little conversation with me. We talked about his amazing suit. He looked like Colonel Sanders in a pimp outfit. After he left, the owner of the awesome Chinese restaurant in the skyway came in to donate. He recognized me, and told me that I was a good person for donating blood :3: He then said that I could come up to his restaurant later for free lunch. I went to lunch (awesome chicken lo mein), and came back to my manager waiting for me by my desk. The CEO had emailed him telling him what an outstanding gentleman I was, and how I was a credit to our department.

Also my buddy called and asked if I wanted to go get cheap beers after work. He won a 200$ scratch card and offered to pay! Hurray for 36oz Dos Equis Amber for 3 dollars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
The facilities guy came and fixed my desk so it is no longer making that infernal squeaking! I can feel my sanity slowly returning. He also went above and beyond by removing the stupid keyboard tray that bugs me.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had some cole slaw with my lunch that could only be described as transcendent. Totally unexpected to be blown away by something that simple.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I grew a beard in October for my halloween costume. I cleared it with my boss at work because it's against dress code. Then came No-Shave November, which my department has let us do every year as long as we donate 20$ to the march of dimes. I just let it keep growing. Then Decembeard came along. Our department always lets us go casual for December, so nobody cares if you grow a beard. So I let it grow. Then came a lazy Janbearduary. I just didn't feel like shaving. So I let it grow. Now mind you, I keep it washed and groomed, and I trim it a bit here and there so it doesn't get too fuzzy in places, but it is getting rather long after 4 months.

This morning my department manager came over to my desk. He said that upper management had noticed my "significantly hirsute" face. I thought I was going to be asked to shave, or at worst written up. Instead, it was relayed back to me that the words "impressive", "magnificent", "he looks like a viking banker" were used to describe my beard. To top it off, the company dress code was being updated to allow for mine, and any other employee's facial hair as long as it is well maintained. Sometimes I love my job. :allears:

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I made reservations to go fishing for peacock bass in the Panama Canal on my 30th birthday, then a weekend of gambling and a suite in this hotel.

I got the suite for 254$ :woop:

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm officially allowed to tell people I got a promotion at work today! :toot: 10% pay raise, my own parking spot paid for downtown, and an extra 6000k a year in paid tuition for whatever training or school I want! Add the 5k general tuition reimbursement my school offers and I can go back to school for free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have today off. It is 87 degrees and sunny. I washed my car this morning, went out to lunch and got back to find out that I also got my expense reimbursement back from work. On top of that I got doctors results saying that I didn't in fact get gonhorrea from those Costa Rican prostitutes I picked up when I was on vacation! Now I have a cold beer and a weekend to kill.

Edit for clarity: I don't have gonhorrea at all, prostitutes or not.