Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Have been struggling to find work for a while and was very worried about my career and future and my anxiety was spinning out of control, but I pushed through and revamped my portfolio and now I'm getting a ton of interviews and I'm breathing for the first time in weeks. Wish I could celebrate by hanging out with a friend while finally in a decent mood, but that'll have to wait til Wednesday.

I think I'll take the night to work on my personal project I haven't been able to touch during that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I also got a job offer!!

After months of exhaustive, intense interviewing with round after round with dozens of companies and lots and lots of rejection, I just got an offer from a company I like, whose mission I can get behind, and whose team I think is really great! Was getting really doom-and-gloom in my head about it over the past couple of weeks and wondering if I was going to have to start a new career or something. They're sending the paperwork over this afternoon and I've got a little over a week until I start.

I'd actually withdrawn myself from consideration from another company a couple of weeks ago who was going to give me an offer, as I hated the product they were making and got a bad feeling from the team. I decided to bet on myself and look for a better opportunity, but I've been worried ever since that I made the wrong choice after another slew of rejections. I was in a place where I was wondering if the gap on my resume was getting too long and if I was actually a good candidate in the first place.

Gonna have to really brush up on some process that's gotten rusty after working for a super tiny company in my most recent position, and have to learn a new software next week to get up to speed with the tools they use, but now I'm just happy that I can breathe for the first time since June.

now if we can just get Trump the gently caress out of office I can slow that breathing down from hyperventilation

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Three weeks into my new job and I've finally gotten over the "I'm a fraud" and "It's not too late to just immediately fire me" stages of my anxiety when starting something new. Presented my initial work to my team then the CEO and got unanimous praise, so now I feel like I can finally just relax into the gig. Such a relief after being in high-anxiety mode about work (or lack of work) for the past 6 months.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
After a week of having no data on my phone with no help from my carrier or phone manufacturer or dozens of help/community sites and unsuccessfully trying a dozen methods and buying a new SIM... I finally trouble-shot my way through 3 layers of bugs and restricted manufacturer settings and multiple giant corporations not communicating with each other and changing software that breaks other services. gently caress the fact that it's 2020 and I still have to manually do all of this myself with no guidance.

HOWEVER I can't deny how much of a weight this has lifted off my shoulders and how much better I feel right now than the past week. Such a drat relief.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
OnePlus...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Congrats! It's now officially 2 weeks after my mom's shot. Such a huge sigh of relief for me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You've just jinxed yourself to getting your arm stuck under the refrigerator and having to make some very tough choices.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Awesome" is a stretch but today's the first day in 2 months where I haven't felt debilitatingly depressed so I'll consider it a win :unsmith:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Your new dog looks sweet and perfect and I am very happy for you!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's dope!!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
My mental health is in a good place right now and it makes me feel capable of being the person I want to be. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's such a relief after the past year and a half.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Svengoolie is cool, your dad is cool, and you are cool. So great that you can enjoy such a great thing together.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No one has any idea what they're doing. I don't, and my boss certainly doesn't.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I had my first date in 2.5 years, which was my first blind (internet) date in like 7 years, having only dated people I already knew and was already very comfortable with since. It went very well and my anxiety didn't destroy me like I had spiralled about in my head. I also communicated that I was in a weird place and she was totally cool with that. We kissed and it was very nice.

Even if this doesn't go somewhere, it's broken a seal in my head that I'd built up way too much for no reason. Thanks, therapy!!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I got to send my mom some footage of her dad as a young man recently, since I finally bought a digitizer for his 8mm reels I've had in my closet for a decade and a half. That felt nice!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Katamari Democracy posted:

Another update.

Going to keep this short and sweet. At home Covid test kits that the USA and all around the world is getting nowadays is stamped with my name in terms of Quality. Shared with myself and from my knowledge 20 other people around the world.

I have learned a lot at my job and it has thrown me into something that I never thought possible. And I am not only doing my part for my community but also the world at large.

gently caress yeah. Good work.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell yeah congrats :)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just had a couple comedian pals over late at night. One guy gets a call from his mom at 1am about something sweet, but due to the late hour he decides to pretend that he just woke up do the funniest bit that I've heard in years, just drilling into the specifics of his mom's concerns and hopes for his good night's sleep, riffing with the precision accuracy that only a great comic can pull off. Everyone in the room was absolutely dying trying not to let the mom overhear. Which, of course, just made the guy go further and... well, really, you had to be there. Blah blah blah.

Point is, it was the most I've laughed in two years and it made me feel really, really good. God I miss feeling good. But stifling my giggles during that call for a few minutes made me feel like I was back.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Would love to see that stuff!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Had a really good date with a person who seems great and we're going to do it again soon :3:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress yeah that's amazing. Congrats!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Good (second) date. I may not be as bad at this stuff as I constantly convince myself I am.

Also, for the past year and a half I put in the work in therapy and I really really worked at it and I'm finally seeing results and feeling like myself again and becoming an active participant in my own life. It took me a year to figure out my brain, and a half a year to figure out what to do with that, but I genuinely feel like I'm on a path with a positive future and I can't explain how much of a relief that is after all the things I convinced myself of since covid began.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Got a verbal offer for the job I really wanted after several rounds of interviews, just needs to go through some formalities before I sign and can put in notice at my current mess of a job. Have been a wreck all week worrying about it. Can't believe I'm finally going to be back in a sector of the industry I can feel really passionate about after taking my current "a gig's a gig" job when I had to find something new at the beginning of the pandemic. Still feeling the nerves a bit too much to be excited about it, per se, but grabbing dinner with a friend soon to try and get in the celebration mindset.

Dick Trauma posted:

I was at the local coffee joint waiting for my coffee when a woman walking her dog came in. After she ordered she passed by me and her dog gave me a long look, so I reached out my hand for it to sniff.

Instead of sniffing it came and sat down at my feet, like it was my dog. The woman said "looks like you made a new friend" and I couldn't help smiling. What a good dog.

:3:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I have someone new in my life who is very special, and we're really connecting very quickly on a deep level and finding healthy and joyful ways to support each other where we are on our journeys at the moment. It's been a very long time since I've had someone like this in my life.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's so lovely 😊

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think everyone secretly daydreams about that around Christmas to one degree or another, even if you do want to go. Hell yeah good for you :cool:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell yeah 😊

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finished a project I stared two years ago. I mean, I'll keep tinkering with it for a week or two, but drat, happy with how it turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat that's sick as hell