Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Slept till two pm and woke up snuggled with my cat :3: It was beautiful out, I got all my homework done and I weighed myself today and realized I'm 15 lbs down from New Years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

This thread needs more love :)

Today was awesome because I found out I've lost 15 lbs since Valentines day and I'm having some friends over tonight to hang out and watch movies. My room is clean, the weather is beautiful and I managed to be really productive today!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I slept in, then spent some time with my best friend and saw Soul Surfer.

That movie is cheesy as hell but considering I've been having a hard time lately with medical issues, it really helped put things in perspective. Plus, seeing my friend always makes my day awesome. :) I know it's silly but I'm really excited about this week because normally I only see him on Monday and Wednesday but this week we have plans every single day.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My university had a big community event today where the entire campus was filled with booths and activities. It happens every year but I had only been once before and been miserable. I went with some friends and had such an amazing time. I did some sake bombs, walked around and just enjoyed being with awesome people in awesome weather. And to top it all off, I went to my best friends place and played video games for a while before we got dinner and just hung out for a while.

I don't think days get better than this! :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

This is the lamest reason ever..

After years of being too exhausted to go to school regularly and having to switch to part-time, I managed to go to all my classes today. Today was my longest day of the week, with classes from noon till 7 straight. Before I finally got my fatigue diagnosed, I never would've made it past 2 pm without ditching and going to bed. :) Today I made it through the whole day.

It might sound minor but at the end of classes, I was so insanely happy to feel like a normal, functioning student. :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Esmerelda posted:

Woke up feeling great and a bit sore from yesterday's trip to the gym. Had time to make some eggs with feta and spinach, drank an awesome latte and this afternoon my sister is bringing her kids over to meet my cat and play with him until he just can't play anymore. She is also feeding me and I'm sure she'll bring me something that she thinks I'll need -- she always does and I love her for it.

Holy poo poo. You're basically having the same day as me.

I woke up feeling sore from an awesome work-out and rolled over to see this:

After that, how can today NOT be awesome? :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Found out I can keep my job until August! :) I thought I was going to lose it in June. Woooohoooo for being able to put of finding a REAL job a little bit longer!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I just had the best day EVER and need to rant about how wonderful it was!

I found out my favorite team, the Sacramento Kings, were going to stay in Sacramento for another year after months of waiting. I honestly thought they were being relocated to LA.

Got to see my best friend in class today and made plans to see Thor on Friday.

Saw my ex for the first time since the breakup. We got coffee and later a drink and just chatted. I realized for the first time in months that I'm really OKAY. In my mind, I had blown up ever seeing him into this massively terrifying and traumatic event. But really, I think I was less affected by it than he was. It's good to know that I wasn't only okay about the situation when I didn't have to think about it. It's a nice feeling knowing I can sit next to him and not be hurt or angry or nostalgic.

I had an amazing date with a guy I'm crazy about. :) We were supposed to just get a beer but spent the whole night just having fun. When the bar closed, we walked to the state capitol building which I had never seen before. And ahhh, I had missed being kissed.

:woop:

I have no idea how the rest of the week can top that!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

spite house posted:

I am no fan of the Kings, to put it mildly, but I'm so happy Sac gets to keep its team. The fact that y'all continue to pack Arco Arena despite that it's dangerous to get within ten blocks of the thing indicates real commitment. Kevin Johnson owns and the Maloofs can suck it.

:) Ok, (finally) seeing this helped make my day!

But I had the most awesome yesterday. The day itself was long and tedious but two of my good friends came over, we did a massive potluck dinner along with my housemates, then we spent the evening watching the Dark Night. :) It's silly but just having a nice evening with my friends made it awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I picked up my tickets to my graduation today :dance: After the past few years I've had and everything that has happened, I thought this day would never come. I had honestly lost hope I'd ever graduate college.

But now it's only 23 days away and I have the tickets for my family to prove it! :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Three day weekend :) Woke up this morning with my cat cuddled next to me.

I also found out that I got an almost perfect score on my last midterm for a class so I can just skip the final if I'm happy with a B+ in the class. :woop:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

:) I get to go pick up my cap and gown today. This still feels unreal.

I decided to blow off everything today and stay in bed and rest! I can get that tomorrow but my day is officially even more awesome because I get to relax for the first time in a while! Woo!

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jun 2, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

After being awake for almost three days straight, I got seriously drunk last night, passed out and slept for 12 straight hours.

:) I love the weekend.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Finally picked up my cap and gown for graduation, found out I'm not failing Ochem like I though (C- is passing), and got an early grad gift unexpectedly - an acoustic guitar. A friend of mine was awesome enough to spend some time showing me how to play and now I can almost already play one of my favorite songs!

I'm also starting what is going to be an amazing week. :) I get to spend every night with friends before ending the week with the actual walking ceremony where after 6 long years, I finally get my BS.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My day was actually pretty lovely - pulled an all nighter, had a final, was kinda upset that I got extra time on the test because I qualify as disabled...

But then I got to hang out with my favorite person ever. :) We didn't do anything really - just sit around and talk and watch Zombieland. I just love that my best friend can make any day instantly better!

Also, now the test I've been dreading all week is over and I don't feel terrible about it! And the weather is perfect!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

PeachHat! posted:

This was so surreal I just have to share it.

I've been out of work for over a year and it's been miserable. I have an impressive resumé and have been doing a lot of research on how to conduct yourself professionally in interviews, write cover letters, that sort of thing. I've had a good handful of interviews, but this is Michigan and no one hired me. Over the last few months, even the interviews have dried up.

Then I got fed up (and perhaps a little drunk) and responded to a job posting with the following cover letter to my resumé:

"Dear Sirs or Madames, Attached you will find my resumé. Oh dear god, I need a job so bad I'm bleeding from the eyeballs. You want me to be able to lift fifty pounds? I will bench press an elephant if it will get me an interview. If you're more artistically minded, I will bench press an elephant while singing Cherubino's aria from The Marriage of Figaro. I will even try to stop bleeding from the eyes while I do it. No promises, though. XOXO ~PeachHat!"

Two days later, I have a job. Red letter day. What the gently caress.

:) That's amazing! And now you know the place that hired you is either 1) awesome or 2) incredibly lazy and doesn't read things. Either way you win.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Weighed myself this morning and I officially lost all the weight I put on in my two year relationship with a feeder. :) gently caress ya, 45 pounds lighter since we broke up on New Years.

Flavor Bear posted:

I drank a cream soda.
It doesn't sound like much but it was really good.

Gotta appreciate the small things in life man. :cheers:

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Jun 8, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I officially am done with college! :) I got a new haircut yesterday which looks awesome in time for my epic graduation week, starting with a party tonight with a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jun 14, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Graduation day :) I walk in under 2 hours.

Oh, and I found out one of my grades today: A.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Do you go to a small private liberal arts school in western Michigan? My alma mater has their Commencement today as well (I graduated last year).

Nope. West coast. :)

But why is my day awesome? I'm officially an alumni after six long years of trudging along, thinking I'd never actually finish. :woop: I also ran into an old friend who was also graduating and got to spend the ceremony rocking out to daft punk with him.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got to see my absolute favorite person in the world today after not seeing him for a couple of weeks! :) That alone made my week.

Plus we saw X-men which I've been dying to see for ages. It was pretty awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm still in an awesome mood from the last few days! :)

Friday I got my first response from jobs I've applied to. They requested some more information and said they would be calling me next week about setting up an interview. Considering how few jobs I've applied to, I'm really excited my first response wasn't an immediate no. And although I'm not crazy about the location of this place, it's at an amazing organization that I'd LOVE to work for.

Then yesterday I got to see my best friend who moved away and later I had dinner with a couple of my closest friends who I also rarely see anymore. We watched Rubber which was pretty incredible in itself.

Tonight is a new episode of True Blood and the season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Tomorrow? :) I started dating someone a couple weeks ago and it's going really well. I thought we might have problems but it seems to be working out surprisingly well. I think I'm going to his place tomorrow to start our week long marathon of Star Wars (my first time ever seeing it).

Yaaaaaa, life is awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My yesterday was awesome because I got a call saying my insurance company finally approved a medication I was trying to start taking but could never afford on my own!

Then later in the day, my boss who runs the lab told me she wishes they could keep me on as an employee once my student status runs out in a couple of months. :) It was nice to hear!

Today I got to sleep in for the first time in a few weeks. It was pretty awesome!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got woken up by a company calling me, wanting to do a phone interview. Despite having a headache and JUST waking up, I apparently rocked it enough to get a real interview next week. :) And another company e-mailed today to confirm my interview with them. I might not be unemployed when my contract runs up in a month!

My workday just went by super fast, which was nice. Today was payday. I'm eating the most amazing fresh strawberries. :woop: Ya, today is awesome.

Also:

OrangeGuy posted:

Because it's my 22nd birthday today! :dance:

Happy birthday! :toot:

Wandering Knitter posted:

Baked over 90 chocolate chip cookies that came out loving perfect. Crispy around the edges, warmy and gooey in the middle.

This sounds amazing. Please tell me your day was awesome because you got to eat all the cookies too. Let a random goon live vicariously through you. I don't even remember what warm, homemade cookies taste like.. I imagine it to be like kittens and unicorns.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's not even 9am and so far my day has been pretty un-awesome. No hot water when I went to take a shower, I have no idea what time I went to bed but I'm guessing it was later than I should have because I'm tired, etc.

But I'm meeting someone for all you can eat sushi for lunch. :cheers: If that doesn't make a day awesome, I don't know what does.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had such a great day, despite having an awful time at work, that I'm going to be CRAZY and post here twice today.

I missed the sushi buffet but I went out to lunch with someone and they paid for me which was unexpectedly sweet. Then we spent a couple hours trying to fly a kite with no wind but we finally succeeded! A little kid and his dad spent some time watching us and when we finally got it the kid got really excited and started clapping. :3: During that time he picked me a wild flower which would have made my day anyway. Finally, the night ended with going to his place to watch a movie and a little friendly cuddling and some chocolate.

So definitely an awesome day. :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My day was awesome because I've done absolutely nothing. It's Saturday so my day has been alternating napping and playing TF2. It's been a long week so this is amazing.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I hadn't seen my best friend in a couple of weeks so I drove to see him and together we watched Captain America :patriot: That movie was pretty great.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I feel the need to be glass-half full today. I actually had a really difficult, emotionally-taxing day. My day started out with having to get a brain MRI which was incredibly scary. By the time I got home I was a wreck but then I got to talk to one of my favorite people. It's amazing how all it takes is getting to talk to that someone special to make everything else seem better. :) So ya, my day is officially now awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got a second interview!!!! :woop: I'm one step closer to not becoming one of the many unemployed post-grad's in a month!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My mom drove up and I got to spend the day with her. We're close but live far enough away that I don't get to see her that often. It was nice because I got to show her around my job. :) Plus I finally found an outfit to wear for a second interview I have Monday.

e: Annnnnnddddd I just got an e-mail about another job I applied to. :woop: They want me to call them on Monday.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 07:20 on Jul 30, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Work life is going great! :) Every few days I do testing that takes 5 hours minimum and the past four times it's come out messed up. Today, my plates came out PERFECT! And I have a third interview somewhere on Friday! And I had an awesome interview last Friday! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Two places I've interviewed at called my references today :) I have a third interview at one of the places tomorrow and the other is supposed to be getting back to me by the end of this week about whether I got the job!

While the job stuff is exciting, what really made my day awesome is knowing that I have so many people in my life willing to say amazing things about me and give me a good reference.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm have a pretty loving awesome day! :) I celebrated hearing back from a job about how I'm one step closer to being "hired" by going shopping and getting clothes that actually fit me now that I've lost so much weight. My housemates also left for a full week so I get a full 7 days of being able to play music late, getting to walk around in my underwear and not having to share the bathroom with anyone.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm a recent college graduate and as of today, I finally know for sure what I'm going to be doing once my student work position ends in a week. :) I was offered a job and I accepted! I'm calling HR tomorrow to schedule all the paperwork and I started looking for housing tonight. It's nice to finally KNOW.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Aug 23, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I took the day off work to do all my pre-employment stuff for my new job, including filling out ALL the paperwork, getting drug tested and getting a physical done. I passed the physical, which is something I had been worried about all week! Now I just have to wait until it all clears in the next week or two and I can finally start working a REAL job :) Then it got better because my best friend had an interview today and HE got hired. I rarely get to see him anymore but we're celebrating and spending the day together tomorrow. Oh and my housemates are gone for the weekend. And if THAT weren't enough, I spent the evening downing beers and playing TF2. It doesn't get better than that.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Aug 27, 2011

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Last week I marked the 31st as "Lackadaisical's last day of work". Today when I went in I saw that people were writing underneath it things like "Boooo! :("

I'm going to miss my awesome co-workers.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

No real reason other than it was awesome weather and I was a lot more productive than I expected to be. Got my vision checked (20/15), washed my car for the first time in YEARS, did some laundry and joined a gym. :) Not too bad considering I got a late start and slept in till 11 am.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Posting again! :) I got a call today to let me know that after almost a month of waiting, I finally passed all my pre-employment hoops and I have a start date!!! As of the 19th, I won't be an unemployed bum anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got an awesome haircut and I definitely needed it. I also had a chance to actually cook tonight for the first time in a while... okay, I busted out my slow cooker. :) But homemade chili verde is enough to make a day awesome.

OH! And I had been having computer problems but thankfully it was still under warranty. I mailed it to HP on Tuesday and expected to not see it for a couple of weeks. As of today, it's already being mailed back to me and I should have it by Monday. :woop: