Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
:unsmith: I woke up today without a crippling headache!!

After getting a spinal tap early on Monday, I've dealt with a horrible headache, two blood patches, two long ER visits and I'm now sore as hell and look like I've been used as a human pin cushion.

But I woke up today feeling like I could get up and go to work so my day is already awesome as hell!

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 15:32 on Sep 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Last night I had a much needed fun night out with a coworker. Today is Friday. And I'm spending Saturday doing a Halloween pubcrawl dressed as Princess Peach. Oh and after the week from hell last week, where I was about to have a nervous breakdown from how stressed I was, I finally had a relaxing week where all my work is coming out right.

:) It's nice to be able to post here again.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's my birthday today and for the first time in years I'm not actually depressed about that :) I can't even remember the last time I felt this way, but for a change, life is going really great. I'm spending the day with my amazing best friend, after having a really nice Thanksgiving with family, and tomorrow I go to my job, which I love, where I get to hang out with great co-workers. I also got some amazing birthday gifts.

I could get used to this.

Oh, and the NBA lockout is over so I might actually get to see a Kings game this year :woop:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Today is pay day! :dance:

Plus, I had to give a presentation at work for the first time yesterday afternoon and I had been nervous for the past week. I absolutely rocked it and now it's the end of the week already.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I just had the greatest weekend ever! A lot of amazing foods, friends, chocolate, alcohol and Arrested Development. And I'm one of those weird people who loves my job so I look forward to Mondays. Next weekend is only going to be better still.

:dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's kind of cheesy but I was hanging out with a coworker who I've become good friends with. Somehow the conversation caused her to say that if I ever had to have any procedures or got hurt and needed someone to drive me, she'd take off work and be "my person" :shobon: It's cheesy but it's awesome to have someone say that.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I went to a work party last night where I got a LOT of compliments on my new dress. Plus my best friend drove 1.5 hours to come be my date and we had an amazing time.

Then today I got to see my mom for the first time in weeks. After, I bought my very first smartphone! :woop: I have no idea how to use it yet but it's just nice to be able to finally afford things now that I have a real job for the first time.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I finally bought some games on Steam I've been meaning to get because of Steams big holiday sale! Also, I've officially worked at my job long enough to qualify for PTO.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Welp. That's a tough post to follow.

I got to get my picture taken with a monkey and feed a carrot to a baby elephant. That's all.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm coming off a string of amazing days :)

-I had a lovely and relaxing christmas
-I got to spend the afternoon with my best friend
-I spent the evening with one of my favorite people, watching my favorite basketball team win over our rivals (boo lakers!)
-I got to go home and sleep in my own bed for the first time in in a while and found my kitty waiting to cuddle with me

Now only three days before another amazing 4 day weekend!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's a brand new year :) I've never been so excited for New Years because it's the start to a new period in my life.

The past 365 days of my life have been the most eventful and significant of my life and I'm bittersweet to say goodbye to all that but I'm ready to move on. I'm done with college (undergraduate anyway), I finally got diagnosed after trying to figure out what was wrong with me for years, I went through a pretty major break-up, I live in a new city, I have new and amazing friends, I lost a lot of weight, lead a healthier life and I have a new job.

I have no idea what's next for me but this is the first time in a long, LONG time I've felt truly optimistic about the future. :) And it all starts today.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

The past few days have been pretty awesome just because of how productive I've been :) With how busy life has been, I've been accumulating a long list of things that need to get done. I managed to knock out stuff that's been on the list for a couple of months plus do laundry, prepare a monthly finance budget and get a tracker app set-up on my phone to help me adhere to that, prepare my lunches for the week (healthy ones!) and even do all my homework assignments for a class I'm taking almost a week before they are due.

It feels pretty nice being able to check off a significant chunk of my to do list. Definitely eases up on the stress a bit.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Despite having to present for the 4th time in a row at work and having to spend a shitload in car repairs, I had an awesome night hanging with a friend and my car runs great now :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My boss isn't in today so I'm having a super easy and relaxing day at work. My coworkers and I spent an hour watching youtube videos. Most of them were of cute baby sloths :3: .

And I'm getting 4 lbs of protein powder delivered today so I can start eating better, like I did until recently. Four pounds of delicious protein.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Watching Space Jam. That movie is epic. It was to psych myself up to go to my first NBA game of the season. Today is pretty loving awesome.

E: also, going to my favorite place for dinner. Mongolian BBQ is fantastic.

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Feb 5, 2012

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

-I just got home from kicking a midterms rear end.
-Tomorrow the only people who will be at work are myself and one of my best friends.
-After 5 weeks of presenting at staff meetings, which is as close to hell as you can get without dying, I FINALLY don't have to go again next week.
-I have tickets for a Beer and Chocolate Festival this weekend.
-I got paid today.
-I got some lab results back and I think I'm healthy enough to cut out another medication. Two down, only two left!

:dance: So far, not too many complaints!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

Got the results of my hemoglobin A1C back (diabetics know what I'm talking about) and it was well down from the one I had done back in September. It's still a work in progress but, god drat, it's good to see hard work pay off.

My best friend just got his A1C back and it was in the 6 range so I know how exciting that can be :) Congrats!

My day was pretty crappy but to make up for it, I spent the night with bed, Arrested Development, my cat, and pot stickers. It was pretty fantastic.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Koivunen posted:

I helped a patient die with dignity.

I think this is a first for this thread.

My yesterday was awesome because for the first time in months, I really enjoyed my job. Everyone was in a good mood and I got to do stuff I like doing.

Plus, it was a nice Valentines day. I wanted it to be low key so I just did dinner and spent the evening in with netflix. But I feel incredibly lucky - a year ago, I was dealing with depression, was alone and ended up spending the day with a friend I wasn't that close to (at the time, we're best friends now) because I didn't know what else to do. This year, I have over a handful of people I could have celebrated and had an amazing time with.

I have a lot more love in my life than 365 days ago :) it was nice to stop and realize/appreciate it.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Surprise pizza party at work! :woop:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had a super fun night last night at a pubcrawl and met a lot of new, awesome people :) then today, I got to relax, take a nice walk around downtown and then watch Tucker and Dale Vs Evil. Plus, there's still one more day of weekend left!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Beautiful weather, payday and stocking up at costco :) Plus, I decided to surprise my housemate with cupcakes tomorrow morning for her birthday and I'm really excited about it.

I'm also about to have a great weekend. My boss is gone tomorrow, I'm doing dinner with friends after work, going on a hike on Saturday and Sunday my best friend is driving the 2+ hours to see me since its been weeks. :woop:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Following a not-so-awesome weekend that's left me feeling a little blue, I decided not to wallow and put together the best week ever.

Today - Watched my favorite basketball team win an amazing game
Tomorrow - Going out with friends, drinking and kicking trivia butt
Thursday - Kicking a spanish midterms rear end and going to PT where I always leave feeling sore but great
Friday - Hanging with my best friend for the first time in probably a month
Sunday - Seeing my mom and possibly best friend again

:) Who has time to be depressed?

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Lady of the Beech posted:

That's the spirit!

Come, let us bump both fists simultaneously.

:hfive:

You can't change the past so there's no reason to let it keep you down.

Additional reasons why today is awesome:

1) I thought I lost a pair of shoes that I wear all the time and were expensive. I spent the past 2 weeks looking for them EVERYWHERE. My housemate told me this morning that her dog apparently decided to pick them up and hide them under her bed. I got my shoes back and in the same, non-chewed condition!

2) Got tickets to see another basketball game in a couple of weeks

3) I woke up with my cat cuddling with me :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I expected to have a boring, sad Friday night but I ended up going out and meeting a bunch of new people who spent the whole night boosting my ego :) it was my first time ever being at a bar for last call and everyone joined in singing "don't stop believin". It was hilarious.

As for today: family, lash tinting and sangrias. Enough said.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm having a streak of awesome days :) I got paid recently, finally signed up for the gym and got a great deal on the membership, I had one of the greatest nights last night going out to dinner with someone and this weekend I'm visiting family and going wine tasting.

Plus, its the weekend!!!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I was at a red light and started rocking out in my car and just dancing like crazy. Two cute guys my age standing on the street corner saw me, started laughing and then started dancing along with me. I couldn't stop laughing for a good 20 minutes. :dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had a rough first couple of days this week so I think karma decided to make up for it the past day or so.

-I signed up for a CSA for the first time and I get my first box next Friday
-My staff meeting yesterday, which is normally brutal, was a movie party
-I got asked out by someone I was sure I'd never hear back from
-I finally got my bike fixed up so once the weather clears next week I can start biking to work, which I'm really excited about
-I put on almost 10lbs while in a relationship and I have almost completely lost it all since it ended a few weeks back

Also, it started raining and its my favorite time of year :) rain is so wonderful

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I slept in this morning, had a freakishly good day at work, got my first CSA delivery, and now I get to nap for the first time in ages. Annnnndddd now its the weekend.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I was home sick today. And while being sick normally sucks, I got to catch up on sleep, skip a presentation at work (and no one minded because it meant they got to go to a party instead) and a guy left me a package with chicken soup and Emergen-C's on my front porch with a bow on top :) Oh, and same guy asked me to go away to the snow for the weekend and it'd only be my 3rd or 4th time ever seeing it.

I almost wish I'd get sick more often!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

In the midst of a tonsil infection, I can use a little optimism and silver lining :) While home today, I finally got around to taking care of stuff I've been putting off for a long time. I bought new athletic shoes, new sheets (for the first time in about 4 years), finished homework for the classes I'm taking, finished getting my bike ride-able, and I finally got to the grocery store to pick up some of my favorite foods.

When I'm walking around on new shoes and sleeping on new sheets, my day is going to be super awesome :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's the weekend!!!!

I'm feeling better after a week of being sick and since I went ahead and canceled all my plans, I have two days of relaxing ahead of me. I haven't had this much free time in months AND I have my apartment to myself. I already did two loads of laundry so I have clean sheets, took the worlds longest shower and I get to sleep in as long as I want tomorrow. A whole two days. It's going to be so nice!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

There was beautiful weather for a change, I got some stuff I needed from Ikea, I spent time with family and best of all, an exboyfriend of mine contacted me to talk and we even made tentative plans to hang out :) I've really missed having him in my life, in any capacity, so it left me with a big smile.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had to present at work today and normally it's brutal. I've seen grown men cry at the meetings. For the first time, EVER, mine went well. Fun almost. I got a wedding invitation for one of my good friends. It's spring break so I don't have to deal with classes today. The weather was awesome. Everything is perfect :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

A month and a half ago I lost a piece of jewelry that means the world to me. I've gone crazy trying to find it and tore my apartment apart looking. Today, I finally found it. I'm never taking it off again :dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Yesterday was awesome because my work day flew by, I got another CSA delivery (which had yummy strawberries), I got to sleep on new sheets and I went to the batting cages to get practice for softball. Oh and the best part was my physical therapist gave me the okay to try going for a run. This is pretty monumental for me since I haven't been able to run since 2009 when I had my first foot surgery.

Today is awesome because I got to sleep in, did some gardening (finally), have a party to go to this afternoon and will hopefully either get to try going for a run or going for a swim. Either way, I get to work out and it's going to feel great.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Today went I went to buy a parking pass, some nice guy just walked over to my car and handed me one :) I decided to pay it forward and when a classmate of mine wanted to buy water but didn't have a dollar, I gave her the bill I had planned on using for parking. I like being able to pay things forward!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

A classmate of mine surprised me with homemade cookies :) They were still warm. It was kind of amazing.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I forgot today was the monthly ice cream social at work today so in the middle of a very long and stressful day, I got a nice surprise :) sherbert and strawberry pound cake.

Also, my boss is gone today and tomorrow so it makes work a little more fun.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm starting a pretty fantastic stretch. I spent the whole weekend sleeping, which I needed pretty badly. Today I kicked butt on a midterm AND a quiz. This next weekend I have two major, fun events and I get to see family I haven't seen in a while. And in the next month I have a good friends wedding, my best friends tour de cure race, an orientation to volunteer somewhere I've been wanting work for almost a decade and my sports teams start (softball, kickball and ultimate frisbee).

I'm really excited about it all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Tax refund.

Oh and my yesterday was awesome because I ran on a treadmill completely pain-free for the first time in probably a decade and I had a Muppet roommate date.