Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
The weather has been AMAZING lately and I've been wanting to bike to work. But my bike was stuck at a shop since I couldn't find time to go get it after taking it in for a major tune-up. But today, I picked up my bike, added front and rear lights, changed the seat to a WAY more comfortable one and I'm ready to bike to work tomorrow!

Also, I got to skip a midterm today since I've already done so well in the class. So instead of being cooped up in a classroom tonight, I went shopping and bought myself new shoes and a pretty new dress :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had an amazing weekend where I got to spend time with my best friend for the first time in weeks, see family I only see once a year at best, get to play unlimited pinball, and I got to dog sit (I love dogs).

Plus, I'm feeling super productive. With my tax refund money, I just paid off my car registration, registered for the GREs, bought a wedding gift for a friend, and bought some new and much needed items.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Sex Hobbit posted:

Today's my 26th birthday and in old lady fashion I changed into my jammies right after I got home from school and have no intention of leaving the house tonight, or even really my gooncave of a room, except maybe to get Panda Express. But tomorrow I do have Date #3 with the same guy I've been seeing!

Awesome.

Happy birthday!! Also, that sounds like an amazing birthday!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My softball team had its first game yesterday and even though I can't even remember the last time I played, I hit the ball every time I was at bat and my team even won! :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

MindlessHavok posted:

Hit the ball or got on base?

Hit the ball. It didn't exactly go far so I got tagged out before I made it to first. But considering I've never really played, I didn't even expect to hit the ball!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My yesterday was awesome because I rocked my Spanish oral exam. I didn't even study but I got a 100% and was the first in my class to do that (and I was one of the last to go).

Today, I got a yummy CSA delivery waiting for me on my doorstep with strawberries, apples, etc. I signed up for more classes in the fall, the weather is amazing and the Avengers is out :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My yesterday was awesome because I got to see my best friend be a red rider in the tour de cure :)I had been so worried about him finishing it successfully that it meant the world to me to see him cross the finish line. It was a pretty inspiring event. So afterward I went to the gym and ran on a treadmill (with no pain and no ankle brace)for 20 minutes, which is a new record for me.

Also, my phone's been having problems so I finally stopped by the store and I'm having a new one sent to me.

Oh, and after having some problems this weekend, I had a lot of friends surprise me and come forward to help. That felt pretty fantastic. I almost feel guilty how unexpected it was but it just confirms what I always thought - my friends are amazing.

Annnnnddddd... I'm excited for today. This is going to be a good week. I have two finals, a softball game, mothers day weekend, seeing the Avengers, an appointment to get my lashes tinted and I feel like I have my momentum going for improving poo poo. My gym bag is packed and in my car and I have my GRE study books in my bag :) Awesome.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It was the ice cream social at work, I got my eye lashes tinted, I took my last final, I went running and I solved a problem at work that I've been trying to figure out for the past month or two :) Also, concert tomorrow night, friends Saturday and seeing my first MLB game Sunday. gently caress ya.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I went to the most amazing concert last night! I haven't been to one in WAY too long and this was just fantastic :)

Also, I'm finally making friends in my new city. I'm going for coffee today with someone and hitting up the batting cages with someone else. I also got to sleep in today which was badly needed.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I went to bed at 8 pm last night (this is a good and very necessary thing), finally switched to my replacement phone so now I can actually charge it, its Friday and I'm about to have a great weekend going to a friends wedding. Oh, and right now, my kitty is trying to sleep on my laptop :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Finished physical therapy today and I've made a huge improvement in just a couple months. Also, and more importantly, FLORENCE + THE MACHINE TICKETS!!!!!!! :woop: They aren't till October but I'm already looping Ceremonials for the millionth time.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I got off work today at 2:30 in the afternoon. My coworker and I decided to do trivia since we haven't had a chance to drink together in a while and the person in charge liked our team name so much that he gave us the same reward as if we had done well enough to place. Our team name? My couch pulls out but I don't. I have fun plans tomorrow, seeing a baseball game. I got my first REAL run in softball yesterday. Good week :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Did shabu-shabu with a good friend then came home and made 3 types of cookies, banana bread and set my slow cooker to make chili verde. Tomorrow is going to be delicious :)

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I finally got around to spending some time cleaning and doing laundry. I had been having to do the sniff test on clothes for a while now and I can't even remember the last time I had enough carpet showing to vacuum. It feels good :) I'm celebrating by being even more productive and cooking food for the next few days!

Also, my softball team was number one this season so we're practicing today for the playoffs.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm having a good couple of days :) Last night I had a nice night at a friends house where she cooked me a homemade dinner and gave me a pretty manicure. Tonight? I'm going out with one of my closest friends for cocktails and magic mike. It'll be a pretty awesome way to start the weekend!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I took my new rescue kitten to the vet for the first time today. He's healthy, a little over a pound and he doesn't have feline leukemia!! :3: Megatron is as badass and awesome as kittens come.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I actually had a really stressful day at work because I'm getting pretty nervous about my tonsillectomy on Monday. And my car was in the shop. It had been there overnight so I had to try and catch the train to work. I also was dreading the $600 bill I was facing for the repairs.

But then, when I went to go get my car and pay, my mechanic told me the problem was actually with a part they had installed a couple months earlier so it was covered by their parts warranty. Total cost = $0.

After that, I got a text from my on-again/off-again person and I ended up spending the whole evening hangin' with them, drinking beers and watching football. By the end of the night, I totally forgot what I had been worried about.

It's going to be a pretty amazing weekend too. I'm seeing Florence + the Machine tomorrow, Saturday I get to see my best friend who lives out of town and Sunday I have a whole day of more beer and football planned.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My roommate will be officially moved out in one week. As of today, all the utilities have been switched to my name so that when she leaves, I will be living alone in a two bedroom apartment :) I also am getting a lot of help from my amazing friends in turning the apartment into a nicer place, including: getting me a big discount on paint, cat sitting for me while I get the carpets cleaned, waking up early to help me move furniture and coming over to help me pick paint colors. I'm really feeling lucky I have help with this.

Also, my new boyfriend asked me today if I'd meet his best friends. This seems like a big deal for him so I'm pretty excited!

PLUS, my best friends birthday is tomorrow. To celebrate, he's coming to visit me in my hometown for the first time ever. It's going to be a blast!

:dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I'm just having a good week :) My roommate moved all her stuff out so the place is pretty empty. It's starting to hit me (in a good way) that I'm going to be living alone. I already bought some furniture for the place and this weekend I'm going to be painting and decorating.

Also, I've been making my own beer for the first time and I just finished bottling. I have 6.5 bottles (16 0z) of IPA that will be ready in a couple weeks.

AND my very first 5K is this weekend!

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

As of today, I'm officially calling my apartment "done". My roommate moved out (and took 95% of the stuff) and I've spent the past week painting, moving furniture, trying to decorate, make the place liveable. I finally am at the point where it's just small things here and there and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out :) It's such a difference in my life when I feel more comfortable in my own apartment.

Also, I took my SO to his very first NBA game tonight. It was a close game but we won so I think I've officially converted another person into being a fan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

My landlord finally said they'd remove the toilet thats been randomly sitting under the stairs in front of my apartment for the past couple years!!! :woop:

Also, I had an awesome party this weekend. I'm still recovering today but it was totally worth it.