Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Finally made it to work on time. There's nothing to do but my boss is loading me up with hours anyway. Me and both of my bosses bullshitted for an hour, then played wiffleball for half an hour before I finally I did a solid two hours of work. Then one of them took me to get a free workout pass from the park district building next door where we played basketball for another 45 minutes. Then I sat around watching TV and amazing them with the Akinator before I went home. Awesome day :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Kind of posted this in the what ruined your day thread but I feel good.

Contacted some friends in Canada about moving back to my birthplace of Toronto and doing marine mechanics. They went head over heels on getting me info and I have a few solid leads now, including a potential job at a marina. The bonus is I'd get to live in my family's cabin, on a lakefront, 15 minutes from where I'd work. It would be a dream come true. Snowmobiling in the winter, boating/fishing in the summer.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I had to call Dish Network to send someone out to fix our satellite. While me and the guy were waiting on a test he says "so I see you're calling from Chicago, you a Bulls fan?" We talked about the Bulls and Derrick Rose for 5 minutes. At the end he said the were extremely busy in my area but because I was a Bulls fan he'd get a technician here tomorrow morning. Plus he gave me free Cinemax for a month for kicks. Awesome!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Officially working 40-50 hours a week at my golf course for the rest of the season. It's only $9 an hour but I get overtime, my boss loves me, and I love it there.

Nevertheless I can't work at golf courses all my life and I've been longing to go into marine mechanics, fixing boats. Turns out a good friend of my parents is a mechanic for a pretty big marina up in Canada and might be able to help me out!

I've always wanted to move back to Canada (born there, in Chicago now), and if I did get a job at that marina I could live on the motherfucking lakefront cabin my family has all year round.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Fuckin awesome day at the golf course where I work. Kind of dead so I played softball with my boss, did little work for the whole day, and some woman from a neighborhood house came over and asked me and my coworker how we like our burgers. Then she came back an hour later with corn on the cob, the burgers, and a fuckin' beer to boot. This was already after I got a free burger from the proshop-restaurant people because they love me.

Cap that off with playing 5 holes after clocking out and BOOM.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Got a mother loving date with a girl way out of my league. I don't know why but I've been blessed in the ladies department recently. I think the secret is not assuming every girl won't talk to you because (you think) you're ugly.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

Spaticus posted:

I tortured myself today by watching the Casey Anthony trial. My day won't be awesome until I have my dinner beer. :colbert:

I will be so glad when this poo poo is over. Christ I want to watch Robin Meade and news in the morning not a live feed of that same loving trial for 4 days in a row.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Got Blackhawks tickets against the Winnipeg Jets. Going with my brother, my coworker and my boss. Club level seats and I have no doubt Byfuglien, Sopel, and Eager will be warmly greeted for their return to the UC.

Cost me a fuckin arm and leg to get these tickets but it was worth the smile on my brother's face.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Made a fuckin' birdie playing golf, first one of my life. I've only made about 3 pars in my life as well. You'd think I'd be better since I've worked at golf courses the past 6 years. What a rage-inducing sport.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Had a job interview yesterday that turned out to be a staffing agency screening me for the company with the actual job. We talked for 15 minutes about my family, then she said she'll send the company my resume and her assessment or whatever and I should hear back from them in two days. They called me in 3 hours :smug:. For the first time in 2 years I have a legit job interview, wooo!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I'm getting a lot better at golf. You'd think I'd already be good after working at golf courses for the past 7 years but I just started playing regularly. I played 9 holes last night and never made anything better than a bogey but on the last hole a guy told me to play through him. I warned him saying I'm terrible and he said "oh well me too! Let's finish this one together!"

He hits his shot right in the water, and I loving bomb one 200 rights right down the middle. Total fluke and my best shot ever, but I felt both bad and awesome at the same time. I ended up making my only par of the round.

Also yesterday I helped my dad work in the garden. I love working outside and doing manual labor, and after 7 hours of that poo poo I felt pretty manly.

Now I just need a full time job :(.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Going to the Blackhawks game tonight at club level seating. They're playing the new Winnipeg Jets and it will be cool to see like half of the Stanley Cup roster at the UC again.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

A cute/cool girl asked me out over the internets. :3:

Me too yeahhh :buddy:!

Well it was through texts after the internets. But still!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
In about 2 hours I have a date :3:. I am excited.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
A little story here!

I had to get emissions testing done for my car by December 31st, today. Two weeks ago my engine light was on so I had to bring it to the shop before testing. Two days after the first shop visit I get the car back, they tell me everything is fine and go get tested. My car was rejected, some sensor was wrong. I bring it back to the shop, they say oops sorry, we'll reset the car codes and all that. A day later they tell me I'm ready for testing but I need to drive around a bit so the car computer can "retrain" the sensors and codes or whatever. They recommended driving around for 200 miles. Cool.

Turns out that my friend needs to go back to her home state for the holidays so I thought perfect! That's like a 400 mile round trip. I drove her home, on the way back my loving engine light goes on again. The shop can't take me until the next week. They dicked me around for a while until December 30th rolls in and they FINALLY looked at my car, and basically said nothing is wrong, they just needed to turn the light off. I was seriously doubting their abilities at this point but whatever. I had one day left for emissions testing, today.

So this morning I'm at the testing center. Guess what, I failed again. They said I got rejected too many times and was locked out of the system. I had to bring it in to a shop and test again Jan. 2. Well gently caress. In the parking lot I looked up a mechanic that was only half a mile from the emissions center. In desperation I went there and told them I had 2 hours till the testing center closed and I was hosed. And they were the nicest. People. Ever.

They skipped over a car they were working on and pulled in mine. In 5 minutes they knew what was wrong and said the other shop did the worst piece of poo poo job, it looked like someone slapped duct tape all over my gas tank. All's I needed was a new gauge of some kind. They said I needed to drive around some more though, I said "do I really need to drive 200 miles again?" They laughed at me and had one of their people rip my car around the block a few times then said it was good to go.

One of their guys drove it to the testing center himself. After saying I was locked out of the system the head mechanic called them and said "Yeah. It's me. The car coming in is one of ours, you can let it through. Bye."

The whole thing was so beautiful I wanted to cry and hug this man. In half an hour they fixed what the other shop couldn't in 3 visits. It really made my day.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I just landed a mother loving JOB!

Landed a sweet gig in the oil fields here in Alberta. Like every company up here desperately needs people, it's crazy compared to the job market in my home city of Chicago. Or everywhere in the US I guess. The hiring process was I walked in and filled out an app. No interview of any kind, it was just "you start in 2 days."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
I work in the oil fields and I'll most likely sent out for field work for 3 weeks soon woo! That means $250/day for 21 days straight and maybe more. I've been waiting all week for this!