Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Just got my first interview for a paid job since 2008. I've been volunteering in various places for the past couple of years but I'm desperate to get back into paid work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I've been playing poker for 3 years and I'd never gotten Four of a Kind before.

Just now, in a tournament, I got two of them in 15 minutes. :stare:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I went for a college interview on Tuesday. I got a nice letter this morning informing me that I'd absolutely aced the interview. Adult education, here I come! :dance:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

On the bus to college today were two loud, obnoxious drunk women. They were smoking (illegal), shouting, swearing and generally being irritating people. Then this guy with Down's Syndrome got on and sat in front of them. You can probably see where this is going, and you'd be right. They immediately went into abuse mode, and started hurling insults such as "mong" at him. Charming.

He had an absolute face like thunder. 'Upset' doesn't even begin to cover it - he looked as though he wanted to kill and eat them on the spot as an act of vengeance, and the only thing stopping him from doing so, was the fact that people in ill-fitting tracksuits who reek of cheap cider and stale vomit probably don't taste very nice.

But he got his revenge, boy did he. As he and I both stood up to get off the bus, he went over to the women and said, in a quiet lilting voice, "Excuse me". Their reply was "WOT???" I know that's not how you spell it, but that's how they said it. He then turned his back on them, and let rip with the loudest, filthiest, most disgusting fart I have ever heard in my life, before walking off the bus with a perfect :smug: expression.

As I stepped off the bus, I caught a whiff of the smell. I don't know what he'd been eating, but it smelt like someone had taken a poo poo onto a car tyre, before hurling it into a fire. As the bus sped away, I could see the two women coughing and spluttering in the midst of the foul stench. Quite fitting really - if you're going to spew verbal poo poo everywhere, you may as well have the aroma to compliment it.

It was the most perfect revenge I've seen in a long time, and put a smile on my face all day. If the guy somehow happens to be reading this... nice one mate. :)

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I bought a brand-new TV and HDMI cable, thanks to a £360 tax rebate :D

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I joined a gym two days ago. This morning I went for a basic health checkup - they give you a score out of 100 to determine your overall fitness level. Since I'm fairly sedentary and eat a lot of junk food, I was expecting a score in the low 50s.

I got 62, and they told me that if I quit smoking (which I plan on doing), then within 6 months I can bump that score up to 77. :woop:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

A customer at work sent a really nice tweet about me to the company, calling me "lovely" and ending it with #legend. :)

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I had to renew my driving licence (I don't drive, but I go to lots of clubs that ID everyone even though I'm 27), and was stressing about how I'd have to find the money to pay for a replacement. Then, when I dug out my paper counterpart that I need to renew it, I found a spare photocard with a 2015 expiry date.

So basically, I went from trying to find money to renew my licence, to not having to do so for another 2.5 years :D

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I got the second Royal Flush of my poker career. I've been playing for 7 years - my dad is jealous because he's been playing for nearly 40 years and has never gotten one. :getin:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

A good friend of mine invited me to her Charity Shop Challenge party.

The idea is that everyone has a £15 budget, and has to go round charity shops and buy the most ridiculous outfits they can find. Then we're all going on a pub crawl. :dance:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

I cooked chicken in a pan for the first time ever. It tasted a bit bland (I'm still getting the hang of seasoning), but being able to come home from work and throw something together, for the fraction of the price of a takeaway, is going to loving rule. :D

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

My best friend phoned me. None of us had seen or heard from him since mid-August, and we were starting to get worried.

It turns out he's been on holiday in France for two weeks, and he kept it on the down-low :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Two things made yesterday awesome.

One of them was being able to turn up at HMV early and be 2nd in line for the GTA V launch. I got the game AND the special edition book, and even got myself photographed for the local paper. :)

But the better thing? Before that, I served a trans lady at work. Watching her face light up when I called her "madam" was amazing. :3: