Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Pence Piece
Mar 30, 2007
D.G. REG. F.D.

Chuggo posted:

bob from britain i'm almost certain is my big bro trolling :3

Tell your brother he's successfully trolled the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/05/fifa

Guardian's Said & Done posted:

Online comments on the story from Mail readers: • "It makes me sick when we have this 'multicultural' rubbish rubbed in our faces" • "This country is dying" • "You couldn't make it up, we Brits have to put up with this nonsense every day" • "Fools! Multi cultural idiots!!!" • "Well done Daily Mail for having the courage to speak up" • plus: "If only Diana were here to see what this nation has become."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Twenty Pence Piece posted:

Tell your brother he's successfully trolled the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/05/fifa

loving yesssss

also several people in the bid thread lmao

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.
I thought it was common knowledge that Daily Mail comments are at least 75% wind-up merchants. :confused:

Psybro
May 12, 2002

quote:

I was shocked when I watched the bid - I didn't recognise this as Englands.
Nothing whatsoever indicated our Englishness - unfortunately - we've turned into another shade of grey
- Michelle, Hong Kong, 03/12/2010 13:13

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Schizograph

Ok let's talk about racism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/06/pizza-hut-bournemouth-footballers

Boy that thread went downhill in a hurry

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.
Toon forum re. the imminent appointment of Alan "rape" Pardew:

quote:

If it is Pardew - and that's a big if - then I will not be ordering the calendar this year, in fact I will not invest another penny into the club whilst it is being ran by these incompetent morons.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

FIFA President Sepp Blatter posted:

I would say they [homosexuals] should refrain from any sexual activities [while in Qatar]

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

quote:

I am a fan of both Chelsea and the Three Lions, I don't really know why England doesn't seem to produce the number of top-notch footballers that countries with a comparable population and love of football do. Part of it though, I think is that England elevates a lot of players for reasons of popularity or media savvy.

John Terry to me is the biggest example of this - in my opinion he has been Chelsea's third best defender and yet he still carries the cachet of being the English captain. Beckham has big appeal and is still good in set pieces, but in the first recent match with Cluj he looked totally smothered - and for a guy who doesn't score a bunch of goals this was a big problem - Fabio knows this. I don't know if Beckham will make it to the 2010 world cup. Wayne Rooney, and Frank Lampard always seem oddly out of place on the England squad... even though they are very good players, and Lampard was a transfer target to an Italain club over the summer. I get the impression there are too many egos...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm not sure Beckham will make it to the world cup. Also I get the feeling Alan Shearer may be just a bit too old by that point

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Extreme this, but rather than splash out on a few players, why dont we look at taking players who are out of favour at the min on loan unitll the end of season!!
Michael Owen, Shaun wright philips, Kevin philips to name a few. Yeh they would command big wages, but take them until May and they would cost the same if not less than buying 3 average players on contracts who maybe we will end up stuck with if they dont perform. The likes of the 3 i mention would see us piss the division!!

-A Leeds Fan

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Will Leeds go up?

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

euroboy posted:

Will Leeds go up?

Promotion play-offs at the moment. Would quite like them back up tbh, a proper 'big team', enough of this Wigan crap.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
yeah i really wanna see leeds back up, one of my best friends is a leeds fan and it's just not the same without those matches every year

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
found a topic on a Preston board about their signing of Wayne Brown - sacked from Leicester for voting BNP then announcing this to a crowded dressing room with several black players.

quote:

JD i think Brown is like everyone else and is fooked off with the open door immigration policy and being tret like a second class citizen in his own country . Unfortunately if you speak your mind your branded a racist . I dont give a fook what any one thinks, Britain is slowly getting turned into a Islamic nation and people like you are happy for it to happen

quote:

I happen to think personally that alot of their policies are spot on and would get my vote if they were associated with a racist pillok.

WB has voted for the party that he thinks represents his views the best. I dont hold anything against him for that. It's his right to do so.

I do have issues with idiots who force their relgious beliefs onto us and then when we tell them we dont agree we are branded racist. It's a crazy, crazy place to be in!

Thank god I live in Cumbria where religous and ethnic diversity exists more in the sheep on the hills than in the towns!!

quote:

But Britain IS slowly being turned into an Islamic nation. More and more muslims are being allowed to settle here and the ones that have/will settle here have very large families normally of 6,7,8 kids or more in some cases. You do the maths.

quote:

I'm with you dingle, we need to ban these over populating muslims and catholics. Down with weird religious types and up with Atheists.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Chuggo posted:

yeah i really wanna see leeds back up, one of my best friends is a leeds fan and it's just not the same without those matches every year

If they go up this season they'll be utterly hosed FM style, general opinion amongst my Leeds fan friends is they'd obviously love to be promoted but realise they'd probably drop right back down again.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chuggo posted:

no chugs your supposed to put them in quote tags so we can differentiate them from your own opinions

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

SteadfastMeat posted:

Extreme this, but rather than splash out on a few players, why dont we look at taking players who are out of favour at the min on loan unitll the end of season!!
Michael Owen, Shaun wright philips, Kevin philips to name a few. Yeh they would command big wages, but take them until May and they would cost the same if not less than buying 3 average players on contracts who maybe we will end up stuck with if they dont perform. The likes of the 3 i mention would see us piss the division!!

-A Leeds Fan

My god.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
There is literally nothing that can go wrong if we, Leeds United, gamble on paying big wages to 'name' players in order to ensure a particular league finish. Sort it out Ken!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

quote:

I'm with you dingle, we need to ban these over populating muslims and catholics. Down with weird religious types and up with Atheists.
So hating on catholics is still a thing in England? I also didn't know "this is are country" could mix with atheist :dealwithit:.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

frankenfreak posted:

So hating on catholics is still a thing in England? I also didn't know "this is are country" could mix with atheist :dealwithit:.

I have no idea tbh, that one completely threw me. Could be a troll. Having said that being openly and strongly religious, no matter what faith you are, is generally viewed with suspicion over here. Tony Blair waited until he wasn't Prime Minister anymore before he started ramping up the Catholicsm.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 18, 2010

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

I have no idea tbh, that one completely threw me. Could be a troll. Having said that being openly and strongly religious, no matter what faith you are, is generally viewed with suspicion over here. Tony Blair waited until he wasn't Prime Minister anymore before he started ramping up the Catholicsm.

Prime Ministers are required to be Church of England, aren't they? Or am I thinking of monarchs?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There's no requirement for the PM to be Anglican, but they have a role in the appointment of CofE bishops, so the PM being Catholic throws up big (but utterly pointless) questions.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

There's no requirement for the PM to be Anglican, but they have a role in the appointment of CofE bishops, so the PM being Catholic throws up big (but utterly pointless) questions.

Yeah I'm reading Andrew Rawnsley's book and he says that Blair didn't want to reveal his Catholic leanings whilst in office for fear it would cause difficulty in his official liasons with the CoE.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Oh to be a hammer

quote:

Avram Grant is not having the best of starts for the hammers, i think all it will take is one or two consistent performances and were out of trouble. Some of the other teams around us are struggling to pick up points and playing badly, hammers are playing well in most games just been unlucky not to get a point out of some games. All the while Avram is in charge he has my support. Could a trip to Wembley be on the cards?? Lets hope so. COUI

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sebzilla posted:

Prime Ministers are required to be Church of England, aren't they? Or am I thinking of monarchs?

Disraeli was a jew.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mickolution posted:

Disraeli was a jew.

Baptised as an Anglican at the age of 12.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Monarchs are because they're head of the Church of England, Prime Ministers aren't although they have a hand in appointing bishops. But approximately three people actually care about it, particularly for non-Catholics, and there's been various non-Anglican Prime Ministers (James Callaghan (1976-9) was a Baptist (and apparently atheist) as the most recent example if you don't count the Church of Scotland).

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Mickolution posted:

Disraeli was a jew.

Clegg is nominally a jew too, thank gently caress he won't be Prime Minister (although he could be for a day or two if Cameron got hit by a brick). We don't give a poo poo about religion in this country. The anti-muslim stuff is just racism by skinhead thugs, not specifically against their religion.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
I always thought Disraeli was made to convert in order to become PM.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

frankenfreak posted:

[/quote]

Amusingly Preston is the most Catholic city in England.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

edit: wrong thread, sorry

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

Too much shite is posted on here. We need to sort this out, once and for all.

I think Rafa is a better attacking coach than Roy.
He is also a better defensive coach.
When it comes to fitness, I think Roy slightly edges it.
But Roy is shite at coaching goalkeepers.
I suppose they’re equally as good at man management.
Rafa is well more mental than Roy.
And Rafa would definitely outshine him tactically.
Technically, I think Roy is slightly better, but only by a bit.
I always get the feeling that Roy adapts well to situations, he is perfect.
But when it comes to determination, Rafa is the man. He’s very determined.
When it comes to judging a player’s ability, Roy is probably better.
But when trying to judge potential ability, Rafa is better.
Rafa also has a better level of discipline.
But Roy is better at motivating the team.
Roy is shite at physiotherapy, he may as well not bother.
But his tactical knowledge is better than Rafa’s.
Both managers prefer a 4-3-3 formation.
Rafa tells his players to close down, but Hodgson can’t make his mind up.
Rafa has a defensive coaching style, but Hodgson has a more general mindset.
Rafa likes direct football, but Roy prefers to pass the ball about a bit.
I would say that Rafa has balanced approach, but Roy is more adventurous.
Rafa sets his team with zonal marking, but Roy likes to mix it.
Hmmm, I think Rafa has excellent knowledge of the Spanish and English transfer markets and good knowledge of the rest, especially in South America.
Roy is poo poo hot on the English market, but there’s not many who know the Finnish transfer market better than him. But he’s not that good in other countries.

My conclusion:

Rafa is a better manager than Roy. He’s about 5.6% better than him. Shame that he’s loving Spanish.

(Please click on the graphics below for proof).

It's a wind-up but it's hooked quite a few

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

T. Finn posted:

brilliant

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

T. Finn posted:

amazing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

T. Finn posted:

:allears:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I thought you weren't allowed to have TRP posts in here?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

I can't see any benefit at all to this Ridsdale out campaign.

We are truly in the poo, we are on the edge of the precipice, we are about to wander into non leaguedness (a new word).

What can he possibly do to make it any worse?

I'm not saying he's our white knight, but in the absence of anything else, I really don't see the problem.

The honest local directors (sic) have knowingly been part of a group of people who ordered the pitch, yet all of them, presumably were in possession of the fact, or let's put it this way, were pretty sure there were no funds to pay for it.

So, if this is the sort of thing that the Riddler gets up to, are we any worse off?

Whether we like it or not, we've entered a period of our history, where we've joined the Cardiffs, Ipswichs and Leicesters of this world.

I'd rather put up with that, that join the Accrington Stanleys, Aldershots or Newports of that other world.

agreed, 'Ridsdale Out' out

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
From comeonyouspurs.com

The man to ignite our title charge and the superstar striker we've all been waiting for is...

quote:

Michael Owen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
If Spurs buy Owen I will laugh until I die (unless he scores against us)