Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

ibroxmassive posted:

I quite like these last two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sebzilla posted:

I quite like these last two.

Big Dippers v Bin Dippers made me laugh.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Say what you will about the Premier League, the supporter loyalty is second to none.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
This is actually quite funny

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

606 posted:

WHATS WITH THE PANICKING
Premier League Chelsea
by legendOsgood (U13747931) 13 January 2011

Why is everyone so worried, WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE, beat blackburn 6-0 and its on, 17 games left and its 15 wins keep the faith and you'll see,

man u will loose to
spurs away
man city home
chelsea home and away
arsenal away

personally i dont even think united is our biggest threat

:stare:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

appledan posted:

:stare:
legendOsgood = Abramovich

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

(Deodorant) Bomb the whole of Swindon.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

theuglyinside.net posted:

1) We want the title, and we're going to have to hunt Brighton down to get it.

2) 1899-1900, 1901-02, 1965-66, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1983-84, 2002-03. Enough.

No more runners-up. We are going to win the title.

3) Thank God we got rid of that useless c...t, Pardew. If we'd had Adkins from the beginning of the season, we'd already be well clear at the top of the table.

4) I predict that in 4 years we'll be competing for a place in Europe in front of regular 40,000 + home crowds.

5) Happy New Year!

1. Agree

2. I can see what you're getting at but it's a litle silly

3. Woah there nelly! Hindsight is a wonderful thing

4. Wut

5. Thanks, you too!

Post from a Southampton fan forum, point number 4 would mean that we have to not only secure two promotions in four years and assemble a team to either finish in the European spots or go via the FA cup, but also extend our stadium by about 8,000 seats :350:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Football Manager: you are the Mølby

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I too have to insert my face into FM in order to see myself with different facial expressions

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

An angry SAFC fan on Darren Bent posted:

He lives in Darras Hall, like a lot of NUFC and SAFC players. I've seen him there before and followed his car back to his house (pathetic I know, I just got carried away with the excitement). I could literally go round there now, knock on his door and ask him what the gently caress he's playing at.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Hardflip posted:

don't do this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hardflip posted:

thats not very nice is it?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

Posted this hours ago, although using Paint sucks (at work, don't have Photoshop!). Old school photo.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Haahah,

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Fantastic.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Topic: FAO Darren Bent

quote:

I know you will be reading this board too see what our reactions are, so here's a thread dedicated to you to see what we all think.

I'll start with mine

We welcomed you into this club with open arms, and helped ressurect your career, personally busting our guts with online petitions etc to get you into the England World Cup squad.

You've let everyone down, and your quite clearly only in it for the money. Not a sunderland legend.

quote:

you are a greedy lying bastard.no doubt you will be injured when you visit the sol next season.if you stay up.loving knob

quote:

You could of been a legend Darren, you seemed like you wanted to be too...But no you had us all fooled didn't you ? You're just like 99% of modern day footballers, Well Darren you could have had it alll, you could of been part of mackem folklore you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell,Clough, Phillips and Quinn but you've thrown that away for a bit extra cash...which you don't loving need anyway. Good riddance to you, you lying oval office...Sunderland will always be here the fans will always be here, who the gently caress are you ?

Topic: Yes or No - do you wish him good luck in his future career?

quote:

No - He has exposed himself as being a deceitful, selfish, and greedy individual lacking any kind of discernable humility. Now he has revealed his true character, how could anyone possibly root for him?

quote:

No, i'm not even going to thank him for what he's done for us, his thanks comes with the loving massive paycheque he's been receiving along with the adoration of the fans since he arrived.

Turns out even that wasnt enough for him.

Greedy loving Judas can rot for me like

quote:

No. I feel it would be harder to say 'yes' than 'no'. I do feel he sort of took a knife to our dreams and hopes.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Don't see what's wrong with any of that tbh.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Well other than the fact that its dripping with melodrama I agree with a lot of it tbh its just the way theyre going on about it is embarrasing

our dreams and hopes...

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Bland posted:

personally busting our guts with online petitions etc

HOT BRITISH SEX
Jun 12, 2007

She's just coming, sir.

Bland posted:

Topic: FAO Darren Bent

Well Darren you could have had it alll, you could of been part of mackem folklore you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell,Clough, Phillips and Quinn...

Hahaha this is the epitome of :qq:

ne: mackem folklore

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
You've let everyone down, and your quite clearly only in it for the money. Not a sunderland legend. :negative:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell

Don't forget Phillips too. As in Kevin Phillips?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

u coulda been my super kevin now ur just my andre flo

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis
Yes, the same Kevin Phillips who scored 113 goals in 208 appearances for us, including 30 goals in one Premiership season and is the only ever English winner of the European Golden Boot. A class act.

Marco G too. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkTXwO98sc (skip to 3:50). Note also how the Newcastle fans invaded the pitch after he scored to try and get the game called off. Pathetic. Note also what a tip their ground was back then. Some people have short memories.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Marco Gabbiadini is literally the gold standard

(bloated, old-fashioned, entirely irrelevant to modern life and only remembered by a few delusional fools that nobody listens to)

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Thread title Respect, Unity, Trust and Patience

quote:

Four core values of the Liverpool Way that were all touched on by King Kenny in his first interview as Liverpool manager last night. They are also four core values of the DNA that we think should make up RAWK.

In recent years, and recent weeks, for one reason or another these values have been collateral damage to the bigger picture. However, they need to return.

RESPECT: for the manager, his staff and the players. All the players. Given the site's public stance on the last manager this was allowed to slip, if only very slightly. Given the standing of the current manager it is now back in force, with a vengeance. Criticism of actions or performances are of course allowed when backed up by evidence. Simple named calling, tittle tattle and innuendo are not. The same goes for your fellow posters. Take the piss but do it with a smile on your face and show each other a bit of common decency.

UNITY: This is what the club needs more than anything else right now - at all levels. And my God have we got the man to unite behind. What has happened in the past stays in the past. What matters now is not what happened last summer but what happens in the next game. No more witch hunts, no more vendettas.

TRUST: We have new owners, they have not been here long enough to win our trust and I am not suggesting for one moment that we stop monitoring and judging what they do. However, their record in the short time they have been here has been good and they surely deserve at least the respect of starting from a point of us trusting them enough to be given a chance. The sooner we get back to the days where we did not worry overly about boardroom matters and talked about the football the better.

PATIENCE: Following on from the above. We have had poster after poster queuing up to demand action now and getting ready to unleash the internet terrorists because nothing had been done immediately. Some times fate is holidaying in the Gulf of Oman, sometimes you have to loving wait. Sometimes you might even have to wait a week! loving get a grip.

In summary. Be good to yourselves... and each other. Get behind the team. Get behind the club. Look forwards not back. Grow a pair. Stop moaning. RAWK martial law is back and in full effect and knee-jerking idiots might soon find themselves in the RAWK salt mines looking for priests.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
For we are the chosen liverpool supporters and we may wander in the desert of the mid-table but Kenny will lead us to the land of milk and honey

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

quote:

RESPECT: for the manager, his staff and the players. All the players. Given the site's public stance on the last manager this was allowed to slip, if only very slightly. Given the standing of the current manager it is now back in force, with a vengeance. Criticism of actions or performances are of course allowed when backed up by evidence. Simple named calling, tittle tattle and innuendo are not. The same goes for your fellow posters. Take the piss but do it with a smile on your face and show each other a bit of common decency.

KING KENNY IS OFF LIMITS

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

ArsenalAction declares that Something Must Be Done. I must warn those of you with a nervous disposition that this link does contain some colourful language.

http://arsenalaction.com/2011/01/18/if-only-wenger-showed-some-fkin-bocks-in-the-transfer-market/

quote:

If only Wenger showed some f##king b##ocks in the transfer market

We are somehow still in all the race for the title,despite losing at home to teams like WBA, Newcastle and the scum.. Somehow still in the CL, but we made hard work of a very easy group.. and still in the FA cup, despite getting a home draw vs a lower league team.. and we reach the semi finals and drawing the plum tie only Arsenal could screw it up vs Ipswich.

Yet again “injury’s” to key players and a lack of decent cover is threatening to leave us with players filling in who are clearly not up to the job.

If only Wenger showed some bottle and went out and signed 1 or 2 quality players to push us on, I really feel we could win something this season.

I said the same thing last season during the Jan window and look what happened. We all knew last season that we needed a GK and a CB and also a striker.

Wenger did nothing and stuck by Almunia, We watched him throw our chances of winning the title away. We needed a CB but Wenger signed a 36 year old and STILL we have the same problems this season.

I truly feel that if Wenger showed some bollocks and took and chance and spent £20m on 2 players we would win the league.

I’m not saying that Wenger should go out and spend £50/60/70m on players and risk us dipping into our overdraft but f#ck me £20m is hardly alot for a club like Arsenal.

But yet again we watch the transfer window tick-by as Wenger trys in vain to sign players on the cheap.

I have no doubt that come the end of the transfer window wenger will come out with that old b##ocks “we came very very close to signing a player” or “we did everything we could, but teams didn’t want to sell”.

I have no doubt that “IF” Wenger signs a player it will be a stop gap signing like Silvestre & Sol. Are signings like that going to push us on and win us the title? Where is the ambition?

I give full credit to Wenger for the way he has run the budget over the years and looked after the long term future of the club.

But by spending £20m its hardly going to turn us into the next Pompey or Leeds is it.

Come on Wenger, Pull your finger out and show some bollocks.. Show us you want to win something by actions and not just words.

Sinbad

It's nice to know that "bolocks" is a bad word, but "bollocks" is completely acceptable, while "f#ck" is slightly more acceptable than "f##kin". F#ck those injury's.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

GETJENKINSOUT posted:

What a short sighted tosser Huw The Bloody Scrooge is. Huw the Bloody Scrooge has ruined the Swans...........saviour? MY ARESE! These players need to tied down to deals or sold on to bring in players to replace them. Brendan Rogers is proving to be a dickhead too, a couple of weeks ago he said that no players would run down their contracts. He said that if players didnt sign then they would be sold, well that was a loada s**t too. Swans are going to the bloody dogs, we got a crap chairman a manager whos telling us porkies, a duff striker in Luke I look Lost Here Moore, and to top it off we are thinking of bringing back Leon Britton to fill our squad with another midfielder. We got a great midfielder keeping the bench warm, why is'nt Kemmy Augustien getting a game, hes a proper midfielder and can pass, tackle, run, defend, attack, the whole set up stinks and its all the fault of HUW THE BLOODY SCROOGE.

forums user 'GETJENKINSOUT' reacting to Swansea chairman huw jenkins' decision to halt contract talks 'til end of the season.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The Welsh Brap

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Those facebook ones are hilarious, helps to have a face to go with the post I guess.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
In response to "What has football taught you?" on RedCafe:

quote:

Patience

I put that all down to SAF

:barf:

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

luvd posted:

In response to "What has football taught you?" on RedCafe:

:barf:

I don't see what's bad about this one.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

Bigmouth McSmallcock posted:

I don't see what's bad about this one.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Borogrove posted:

I figured it was in reference to transitional periods while he was building the many teams fielded throughout his tenure when, at times, vocal minorities would call for him to be sacked due to performances that they felt were not worthy of the club. Depending on the context it can either be a poor post or insightful and completely fine but there really isn't any given in the post.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Bigmouth McSmallcock posted:

I figured it was in reference to transitional periods while he was building the many teams fielded throughout his tenure when, at times, vocal minorities would call for him to be sacked due to performances that they felt were not worthy of the club. Depending on the context it can either be a poor post or insightful and completely fine but there really isn't any given in the post.

It was due to the fact that it was loving cringeworthy.

"Arsene Wenger saved my life"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Arsene did save my life though. I swore to kill myself if Arsenal ever won another trophy :downsrim: