Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
He even writes like a journalist, look at all those paragraphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Chels fans (and one hatter) in the minutes following Saha's goal in the FA Cup.

You'd think with gandalf on their side they could win every match.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

T. Finn posted:

my loving god

lmao

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

appledan posted:

wow. schizophrenia is a terrible thing

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

Ninpo posted:

I don't speak drunkjock. :(

it was the thick scouse accent that got me

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

K U N T Z posted:

Once again you don't refute my assertions, fair enough, I consider them valid and until there's a sufficient rebuttal I assume you are unable to contradict my assertions adequately.

The MLS is composed of teams that are selected primarily for the potential attendances and commercial revenue they can garner, therefore by the metric of average attendances, the MLS should perform reasonably well, even if the environment is in no way comparable to other nations that it may supercede average attendance wise.

That when there is next to nothing at stake for losing it doesn't matter how many fans you play in front of, in fact when there are benefits to be yielded ahead of the next season for losing there is often more gained in losing than trying to win if you aren't sure you can win it all.

In that regard how is that fan environment in anyway similar to a smaller one in europe where losing can mean everything in terms of stakes for a club, where promotion is vital and finishing bottom and suffering relegation can have consequences that are highly negative.

It has often been noted in europe that travelling to countries like Greece and Turkey can have a huge impact on players playing there because of the LEVEL of support, not the Amount of support, but because of how much is at stake, if the support is smaller in number it doesn't mean it isn't larger in intensity, presence, pressure.

A crowd half that of the MLS in turkey will dwarf any MLS crowd, in fact you could put them in the same stadium and the turkish crowd will be the one that is heard, felt, noticed by the players not the MLS crowd.

Watching a bunch of you getting all nuanced about the numbers present at a match like it's some stake of superiority you hold over some levels of European football is pathetic. A crowd of 5000 from most countries in Europe would put your average attendance crowd to shame in terms of presence during a football match and to play in front of much smaller numbers in Europe with so much more at stake with the results is a much bigger environment than the MLS will be until they adopt a system more similar to Europe.

Adu is indeed playing in front of crowds that dwarf the MLS ones at least in terms of presence and many americans are playing in europe in front of crowds regularly that not only dwarf the MLS crowds in terms of presence but also in terms of numbers as well in leagues below the MLS on average attendance.

I wouldn't really have commented on this until I saw someone actually trying to validate their average attendances and arguing that an MLS crowd wouldn't be schooled by a turk lig 2 crowd (they would, absolutely, the MLS crowd would not be heard nor felt compared to the turkish support even if out numbered 2 to 1) and the fact you decided to come out to bat for him was your choice wicka, now either swing and play or walk away.

hey i recognize that post....

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

Byolante posted:

To be fair I think we all would headbutt TBP given the chance.

who?

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

Bovine Delight posted:

jk mr pepper after your prolonged absence you're not a bad poster but before you were the worst poster ever i'm glad you got better

i'm touched (by men)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

Couch posted:

God I love the reddit football forum sometimes

picture of sa forum user miketoole