Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
facebook.com/troll.football is still the bestest

if you love the rage faces, you'll love this page!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

luvd posted:

This image host is SA okay, yeah? It was too big for Imgur.

Neither of these belong here!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
oh poo poo what do i do?? i HAte justin bieber!!!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

T. Mascis posted:

Epic Futbol Memes
It's really bad. Most of them aren't even football memes. Or epic. And the guy who runs it is begging for content.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
http://www.facebook.com/EpicFutbolMemes

I like with the Ronaldinho picture there's a bunch of guys replying saying "RONALDINHO" just incase anyone doubted their hatred of Justin Bieber.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i don't get it

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
ugh.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

T. Mascis posted:

@banterlols

You see. Jamie Foxx. And Balotelli. Are both black.

Sport banter and jokes. No reposts, no links, no crap. All content is original!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol...

where is this from. please tell me.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
ah yes. of course.

very suitable for this thread.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i don't even know if this is the right thread but this came up in my facebook

the caption is:- Martin o'neil in talks with ken bates over the Leeds job

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Homura posted:

Yes props to Ryan Giggs for loving his brother's wife behind his back for 10 years
He means during a game.

Meanwhile

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

8raz posted:

He means during a game.

Meanwhile

I just checked out the url at the bottom.

LOL

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Taff posted:

Bearded Genius's stuff is usually pretty good tbh
I just checked him out and no...good god no.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBG8z9utVZU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Shrapnac posted:

Calm down lads.
...lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Never has a point been so correct and the explanation so wrong.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Sandwolf posted:

No one likes Liverpool?
And usually this dislike is the result of some form of prejudice :xd:

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
The last one was the best.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

T Fowl posted:

Liverpool aren't winning the league though.
It's a Redcafe quote in the weekend web thread. Settle down!

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at which is fair enough because I've not gone into depth.

It's not about having a huge number of idiots or people who are hosed in the head because one look at Twitter or whatever will show you the obvious.

I'm talking about the people who consider Liverpool a club apart because of their history and values. The romance of the club is a huge reason they've continued to draw in fans despite not competing in the Champions League or for the title for a while.

All the YNWA stuff, the banners it is something that's a bit unique about Liverpool and that's something to be admired but it also draws in a specific type of fan that I personally can't stand.

It's all down to personal preference, is that okay?
haha my favorite thing about this is the subjective anecdotal reasoning to broadly paint a group of people as ridiculous caricatures for no other reason than to feel smugly superi-wait this is you?

LOL

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie posted:

Below are the teams that Arsenal have yet to mathematically eliminate and are the only remaining challengers to Champions League Qualification
Team Matches Played Magic # % of remaining points needed to guarantee finishing ahead
Everton 31 18 95%
Tottenham 32 11 58%
Manchester United 32 9 47%
Southampton 32 3 16%
Newcastle 32 1 5%
Notes
Magic number and methodology are explained below
We've almost eliminated Newcastle. If they win out and we lose out, we will finish tied with them. (Not happening)
All we need to do is win one more game, or Southampton to lose one game to guarantee finishing ahead of them
Any combination of 3 with Arsenal wins or Manchester United losses will insure finishing ahead of United
The Tottenham magic number is 11. This means that St. Totteringham's day can be as early as in 2 matchdays. (A potential of 6 Magic Number points lost per matchday x2 matchdays will eliminate Sp*rs) Although they play Sunderland and West Brom next.
Everton are by far our biggest foes. This makes next weeks match one of the most important of the season. A win against them would drop their magic number from 18 to 12 and probably insure Champions League Qualification.
Magic Number Explained
Magic Number = Future Arsenal Points + Future Opponent Points Conceded that will ensure Arsenal finishing ahead of them
When the Magic Number = 0, it is mathematically impossible for the opponent to finish ahead of Arsenal. (If you look at Tottenham, this could be used as the St. Totteringham's Day Countdown)
ELI5: When the number drops to 0 Arsenal guarantee finishing ahead of that team. The number drops when Arsenal gain points and/or the team concedes points
Methodology
At the beginning of the season, every team has a potential of winning 38 games at 3 points/game = 114.
Adding one point ensures that when the magic number =0, it will result in finishing above rather than tied. So, for Arsenal, at the beginning of the season, their magic number for every team is 115. (114+1)
The magic number can never go up. Only down.
When Arsenal win 1 game (Let's say the first game is against Tottenham), they capture 3 points, making the threshold of finishing ahead of every team drop by 3 points. So now, Arsenal's magic number is 112. BUT, Tottenahm just conceded 3 points with the loss, meaning that the magic number for Spurs dropped an additional 3 points, meaning that the magic number for finishing ahead of Sp*rs is now 109. (This is where we get the phrase a "6 point game".
Congruently, if Arsenal draw, the magic number for every team drops by 1 (1 Arsenal point gained), if an opposing team draws, the magic number for them drops by 2 (2 points conceded). Throughout the season, these numbers keep dropping until there are 0 points which means it is impossible for that team to finish ahead of Arsenal. At the end of the season, if a team still has points, it means they finished ahead of Arsenal.
Final Equation = 115 - (Arsenal Points) - (Points conceded by the opposition)
This is incredible for many reasons.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Ravel posted:

That crossover of Xavi and Iniesta is quite well done though

Messi and Ronaldo

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Let's see how our sister site Troll Football is doi-

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I'm pretty sure that picture is from when Sagna broke his leg which makes this even better.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
#SakhoforEngland

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

not to defend that tragic image but not a single one of those players has one the champions league and all cesc has to show is a few cups and a single league title
Not bad tbf

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
friends, romans, countrymen...lend me your di maria's

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Fabregas is just another bloody Chelsea player now.

Sorry, but there it is.

Another one of the hordes of the overpaid, the parked, the stolen, the loaned, the returned-from-loan, of the great blood-money enterprise.

I personally hope Arsenal fans boo EVERY Chelsea players EVERY touch on Sunday.

But maybe they could hiss as well when Fabregas is on the ball.
Arsenal fans would never hiss.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

itsjustdrew posted:

As a united fan, it pains me, but I want city to win, so bad.
Right thread

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
idgi

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Shrapnig posted:

It's a really bad list tbh
considering the content of this thread i thought it'd be worse than "i disagree with this subjective list"

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Slippy G

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
take your pick

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/what-team-should-i-support-part-2-cont.958788/

quote:

I don't don't know which team has the most supporters on here so I might get blasted for this but I don't care. America's Team is Manchester United. I guarantee you even the number one soccer hater in the world will know Manchester United. I don't know how to explain it but when I was young and only remember watching Euro and World Cup I would always here about even on MSM about Manchester United nothing else. There is just something about the team maybe the players, the brand, the coach,the trophies. They a reason why there followed so much. If you are watching soccer for the first time you should follow Manchester United. Now if your one of those people who don't like rooting for the "biggest" team I would say Chelsea is the next best team. On the East Coast the team with the most Jerseys is Chelsea. There always in contention and always have a lot of recognizable players. Now I see on here the team recommend is Arsenal. I respect that but I don't understand why. First when's the last time they came to see there fans in the US. Not in the last few years ( if I'm wrong I apologize). Next is the Trophies . Yes they won the FA Cup and have had memorable BPL title seasons but when the last time they were in contention for something outside of England. I agree if you want to root for a team that you could say is an underdog Arsenal is your team. However not for someone new to EPL. Comments are welcome but like I said if you just wanting to yell at me Don't try. Thanks for reading

TL;DR: Manchester United is best choice ( America's Team,Brand)
2nd Chelsea (Many supporters,Good Team with many popular players)
Arsenal is good for the underdog team but not the best

8raz fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 20, 2015

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
http://i.imgur.com/rV6tKxG.jpg

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU