Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

lolz posted:

You mean that video was to promote England!!! I thought it was a video of all the countries we are giving handouts to. Well well well.

lolz posted:

The video is total rubbish, no doubt about it. Once again, an example of how we are too scared to celebrate our national identity for fear that the PC brigade will come along and moan that there are not enough different cultures and minorities represented. But I highly doubt the video cost us the bid, the entire process stinks of corruption.

lolz posted:

Glad.

We can't afford it.

Soccer is as exciting as watching grass grow on concrete anyway.

- John, Indonesia, 3/12/2010 1:12

lolz posted:

i wonder how much of the 15 million was spent on this crap of 3 mins,200 quid tops,its as if we are ashamed to be english,sack the lot.and sack postman pat that will save 6 million a year ,and get harry to do it part time,and pay him on results

For those not paying attention it was in fact Prince William rather than Prince Harry who was involved in the bid, seeing as he's president of the FA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

...Bugger.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

(Deodorant) Bomb the whole of Swindon.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Football Manager: you are the Mølby

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Most bizarre thing is that if you check his profile he's a Norwich fan, so he's called himself a human being poof cheater who's going to hell.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Liverpool: Populated by racist shell-suit wearing weaponised dog owners and dangerous children since 1207.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

You know what else they said was happening? Global warming.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Chels fans (and one hatter) in the minutes following Saha's goal in the FA Cup.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

i used 2 play 4 manu but had to quit because ryan giggs is a huge racist and all theor other players are too and so aer their fans - Quinton Fortune

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

wiki posted:

He continued his passion for the F.A. Cup by scoring the only two goals in their 2-0 win in the Fifth Round replay against Notts County - his work with Aleksander Kolarov was particularly praised in this match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Vieira

Noticed this during the Man City vs Notts County game in question. Somehow or other Man City fans seemed to know not only the final score, that Vieira scored both goals and how the press/pundits would react.

Ten minutes later Tevez scored to make it 3-0.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Just did an openbook search and found people denouncing Arsenal for other clubs, saying Wenger's time is up and most awesomely that it doesn't matter because the carling cup is only a little trophy and "i hope this year we will win one very very very big trophy"

The Best Fans.

*EDIT*

Had to come back and add this one.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Feb 28, 2011

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Seriously, someone buy him an account.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It's from a Sunderland message board. They go on to argue that blacks aren't as evolved as whites and that calling people paki is no more racist than calling someone brit.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The best thing is that the same board have backed Craig Thomson, saying there were mitigating circumstances behind him grooming twelve and fourteen year old girls.

Would love to know what they were.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It's ok, literally everything to do with Scottish football or the SPL since the dawn of time has required a 46 page appendix.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Last night known fascist Paolo Di Canio got a bit physical with new striker Leon Clarke, trying to drag him down the tunnel and then when he thought he was away from the public gaze he first punched Leon, then after a brief scuffle the two were separated and the player first returned to the pitch and then drove home in his kit as it was thought best that he didn't go back in the dressing room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_oEJX9BHE

How did Swindon fans react?

Swindon posted:

See matchday thread buddy. And have to disagree, Paulo must stay, at least a few more games are required before we can measure his managerial worth. I still believe!

Swindon posted:

If I was the STFC fittness coach and he was moaning at me, I'd have had a pop at the lazy oval office during the walk off the pitch at the end as well. A big chunk of humble pie will be on his breakfast menu tomorrow. If he wants to continue playing for Di Canio in SN1 he'll do well to drop the loving attitude, shut the gently caress up and start working his nuts off for the cause.

Swindon posted:

Thinking about it, maybe Di Canio is now flexing his muscles as a manager and is sending out a clear message to the squad that he will be ruthless with anyone who isn't up to scratch and that he isn't afraid to humiliate inferior/lazy players and his detractors?

Swindon posted:

This re-inforces his opinion and the fact that he wont tolerate crap from his players

Swindon posted:

I see the Witch hunt begins from the Anti Di Canio brigade

Swindon posted:

Clarke was very out of order and should be fined hugely or shown the door, no excuses from him, PdC should just say a public apology for causing a smal amount of humiliation to the club, yes it is small

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

There is a long tradition in this country of accepting adjudications at face value in favour of the establishment, given by serious looking white men in formal attire.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/01/without-prejudice-the-curious-case-of-the-racist-non-racist/

comparing Suarez to the Guildford 4.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

What a complete fail!!! You guys suck and should be ashamed of yourselves. False false false!!! Promise is a great makeup artist and is NOT trying to look like some stupid soccer player!!
- Michelle, USA, 18/1/2012 17:22

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Celtic fans posted:

I don't think Reading FC can be counted as loyalist. The club is totally apolitical in it's fanbase...

True, the nickname is 'The Royals', that's only been a recent phenomonon (for about 10-15 years) when the management from above imposed the nickname due to the 'royal' status of the county Berkshire. The true nickname is 'The Biscuitmen' and comes from Reading's association with Huntley and Palmers.

Furthermore, the influx of Republic of Ireland players into the EPL through Reading (e.g Noel and Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long etc.), the manager (who's a second generation irishman who wants to manage the national team someday) and the big irish community in Reading would counter the idea of a loyalist club.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

How can fellaini be cup tied u got him from everton not liverpool and that's who u playing?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Editor of popular music magazine Kerrang complains that Leyton Orient fans have a song about tits and fanny on Twitter, then the following happens:

http://n.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2r14j

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Local residents can go gently caress themselves from me if you would rather an abandoned pub instead of a local reasonable price shop then go move to detroit gently caress off "say no to tesco" we need somewhere to get beer before games

*EDIT* Fan of the following club Pompey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I watched a Faroes Islands football match last weekend because I'm losing my mind without football. There's only 50 people at every game and they all have vuvuzelas.