Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

606 posted:

WHATS WITH THE PANICKING
Premier League Chelsea
by legendOsgood (U13747931) 13 January 2011

Why is everyone so worried, WE ARE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE, beat blackburn 6-0 and its on, 17 games left and its 15 wins keep the faith and you'll see,

man u will loose to
spurs away
man city home
chelsea home and away
arsenal away

personally i dont even think united is our biggest threat

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
You've let everyone down, and your quite clearly only in it for the money. Not a sunderland legend. :negative:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

:qq:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

irlZaphod posted:

Andy Gray and Richard Keys have been on telly since football began.

do they speak chinese?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
all those jilted lovers will never get over you, fernando :qq:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Bigmouth McSmallcock posted:

People who use pictures of their children for their Facebook profile are subhuman.

whos to say it wasnt the baby who said it

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

Notoverthehill
February 7, 2011 at 12:22 pm

If one looks at Refwatch.com, one can delve into the most of the EPL list referee details. The Professional Game Match Officials (Mr Riley) selects the 4 match officials and the Match Assessor. The Lower Leagues are the responsibility of another gentleman, as per Refwatch.com, for those of a belief that Old Mother Riley is the root of ALL EVILS!!!!

Very, very well worked script Tim, old boy!!! I would never, ever call you an anorak. YOU are a budding scientist into the netherworld of the PGMOL, to give them their full title. The L means a Limited company, which of course is out of date as it should be plc!!! That is bye the bye. Tim, on your trip to the Emirates drop a copy of your “scientific” research results into Mr Wenger’s locker.

Tim, you have hit the nail on the head. Essentially, most of the Arsenal attacking action was down the Arsenal right wing. In the second half, Barton in particular was instructed to cover the right flank. Diaby had previous with Barton in the first half, and Diaby should never, ever have allowed Barton to claim the moral high ground.

My personal view is that SOME of the Arsenal players allowed themselves to be browheaten by a referee, the rejuvenated Newcastle team and of course the Geordies. What a support. The Arsenal Supporters Trust and all the other diehards should seek to out volume St. James’ Park.

WE have LOST a BATTLE, BUT WE HAVE TO WIN THE EPL Championship battle. So heads up, banners and flags flying, WE SHALL PREVAIL, WE ARE THE ARSENAL. WE ARE “MEЗHUGA”

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Adebayor allegedly left City because he allegedly beat up his gay lover, who then publicly outed him. Huge post incoming:

quote:

People ask me all the time,as soon as they find out im bi-sexual, “what footballers are gay??” i normally just say that i dont know or something along them lines well nows the time to out at least one of the fuckers!!!!
For the past 8 months ive been madly in love with someone,you may or may not know. Well our relationship has now ended and im devastated,most people will be happy as a lot of jealous people didnt like seeing us together!! I now feel the most numb,lonely and hurt that i have ever been! ive had an amazing time with this person and hes the funniest,kindest most perfect person ive ever met! and im grateful for sharing the past 10 months with him.
I just wanted to let u know this as maybe the reason im outing this footballer is because im upset,in an emotional state,feeling bitter towards love,feeling lonely or maybe just been a twat (YOU DECIDE!!!)
Anyways here goes,Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor- GAY!
For nearly a year i was this pricks “dirty little secret” not even my own family knew about our relationship! I met Emmanuel in Sept 2006 at a party in Jewel bar,London. I was friends and agent buddies with a WAG at the time who was dating a fellow Arsenal player,Emmanuel came over to me and said he has seen me earlier with the WAG and asked,in a very arrogant and abrupt way how i knew her,i thought to myself “who the gently caress is this creep and whys he jealous about me taking to her when shes dating his team mate?? i told him i was with the same agent and that she was just a friend,i then told him that i wasnt tryin it on with her as i was gay.. HIS FACE LIT UP!!! he asked me if i had a boyfriend and when i told him no he instantly started pulling my arm telling me we had “to chat” outside!! I didnt understand why this 6 foot 3 giant was pulling my arm to go outside i thought i was going to get beat up so i started to pull away from him,it was then he told me to calm down and that he had to talk to me in private!!
When we got outside he told me he was gay and that nobody knew,i wasnt actually that bothered,you would think most gay or bi lads would be thinking “wow a gay footballler!!” instead i was thinking “well im not arsed your mingin!!!”
Emmanuel asked if he could take my number and maybe take me for dinner sometime,i explained i lived up near Liverpool and he seemed a bit gutted,i gave him my number and didnt think id hear from him now he knew i didnt live in London,i wasnt that bothered anyways at first.
I went back to the party and said goodbye to him at the end of the night when he was playing it all straight with other team members,i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert or something been there and asking Emmanuel what we was talking about outside,Emmanuel told him i was asking for his autograph!!! Errm ok,ill just let him pretend that!!
The next day i woke up with a huge hangover and my mate from BB next to me,she said my phone had been going off all morning and it was pissing her off,when i checked i had 30 something missed calls and a few text from a number i didnt know! the text hardly made sense! i rang the number and some strange man answered,i then clicked it was HIM!!! i didnt know what to say and just said ill call him back and hung up! I told my BB friend and she started screaming “Oh my god ur a fukin WAB” thats the nickname i had for the next year!!! WAB (wives and boyfriend) i was the only official one i knew!!!
The next few weeks seen me and Emmanuel just texting and calling i did start to fancy him just because he made me laugh so much and was a pure gentleman,i went on holiday to Greece for a while with my cousin and stil text him every few days,he would text me and try calling everyday but i was trying to play it cool! I got back from Greece and decided id go to London to meet him,i was thinking he would maybe pay for a flight or petrol,you know with him having millions of £££!! nope instead i had to book a cheap ticket and sit for 6 hours on a coach!! oh well i wasnt after money so i just laughed about it to myself. We had such an amazing,funny weekend and when i was getting ready to leave for my train to Victoria,Emmanuel asked me if i would be his boyfriend! Id never had a boyfriend before but i thought it would be cool to see how it goes so i said yes.
The next month went the same way,id sneak down to London to meet him,stay in Premier Inn hotel in Waterloo about 2-3 times a week, because i wasnt allowed to his house!! We just stayed in chilled and watched tv,to some people this might seem boring but we had such a laugh and i totally understood why he didnt want us going out in public!! He played for Arsenal for gods sake,he would get so much poo poo if the fans knew he was gay and imagine if the press knew!!
About 3 months into our relationship,the rumours started,we went into Essex on a night out with a few friends and a Papparazi came over to me and said “i know ur Adebayors bitch im guna tell everyone”” my face dropped and i didnt know what to do!! i told the fella to gently caress off and get a life, BIG MISTAKE!!!

For the next 6 months that one papp made it his mission to follow us,try get pics of us together and spread rumours about our relationship! This is when i seen the real Emmanuel,he became a monster!! he would scream at me for no reason,hit me,smash my stuff up and even slashed my car tyres! The pressure of the whole gay thing must be getting to him and i totally understood why,but did i deserve to be treated like some little tramp??! well he made me believe i did! He used all his energy to mentally break me down,he would cheat on me with girls and even sent me a pic once of a girl giving him head!!! i was told on a daily basis i was fat,ugly,worthless etc. I sadly believed everything he said!! I think this is the main reason i gently caress all my relationships up due to been so insecure that i dont think im worthy of that person.
I stayed with Emmanuel for months and months even though i was been treated like scum,i had become used to the lifestyle,id drive round London in a flash Range Rover,go shopping EVERYDAY with as much money as i wanted,i seriously had the WAG lifestyle,but i was starting to drift apart from my friends up north and i didnt really have many friends down London at the time,i was becoming lonely and depressed due to his abuse,but i loved the money!! im not scared to admit that i did stay with him longer than i should of because i loved been able to buy anything i want.
One day i was sat reading OK magazine when i seen an ad for a new reality show,they was looking for people to lose weight,i had been called fat and ugly for the past few months so i thought what a great way to surprise Emmanuel by losing weight on this show!! i went to the casting and the producers gave me the part straight away i was so excited!! i went back to Emmanuels and told him i was going to be on “diet on the dance floor” on living tv,instead of been happy he hit me!! he told me i was pathetic and once i start that show we would be finished as all the press would find out about us! He threw me out of his house there and then with nothing but a hoody and a bag with a few bits of clothes in,i had no money and no way to get from Epping in Essex to Victoria to get a coach back to my mums in Liverpool,in fact i didnt even have money for a coach but i knew that if i could get to the coach station they knew me that much that they might help me! i basically bummed rides on buses and trains all the way to Liverpool as the staff on each bit of transport could see i was in a state,i had been mentally and physically hosed for months and everything hit me at once! i could not stop crying! i got to my mums 11 hours later and had to pretend like everything was ok, my mum doesnt even know until now that is what happended to me! Im sorry to all my friends and family for any lies or hiding i did during this time.
For the next few months me and Emmanuel Adebayor only argued on the phone,we would call eachother trying to be friends but it just didnt happen i hated him so much for what he did to me and he hated me for being his “dirty little secret”
After publishing this i will either be sued or beat up,but you know what whether you believe me or not i dont give a gently caress,i want to tell my story to clear my head and now i can move on,i have messed up my last relationship due to my insecurities and i love that person more than anything in the world,i am broken by what has happened and after having time to think about it,i totally blame Emmanuel and his cruel treatment of another human being,i WONT be insecure anymore and feel like im not worthy of the person im in a relationship with,i only wish i had dealt with these inner feelings years ago if i did i would be sat here still in a relationship with the most amazing lad ever,rather than feeling depressed and sucicidal.

The reason i have reposted this after removing it,is that i have been getting threats and abusive calls for the past month-so i might aswell put it back on my site!!!

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
highlights for those who dont want to read the huge post

on meeting adebayor:
who the gently caress is this creep and whys he jealous about me taking to her when shes dating his team mate?? i told him i was with the same agent and that she was just a friend,i then told him that i wasnt tryin it on with her as i was gay.. HIS FACE LIT UP!!!

on the shaaaaaaaame:
I went back to the party and said goodbye to him at the end of the night when he was playing it all straight with other team members,i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert(probably kieran gibbs) or something been there and asking Emmanuel what we was talking about outside,Emmanuel told him i was asking for his autograph!!! Errm ok,ill just let him pretend that!!

on the REAL Emmanuel:
For the next 6 months that one papp made it his mission to follow us,try get pics of us together and spread rumours about our relationship! This is when i seen the real Emmanuel,he became a monster!! he would scream at me for no reason,hit me,smash my stuff up and even slashed my car tyres! The pressure of the whole gay thing must be getting to him and i totally understood why,but did i deserve to be treated like some little tramp??! well he made me believe i did! He used all his energy to mentally break me down,he would cheat on me with girls and even sent me a pic once of a girl giving him head!!!

this one just made me lol:
One day i was sat reading OK magazine when i seen an ad for a new reality show,they was looking for people to lose weight,i had been called fat and ugly for the past few months so i thought what a great way to surprise Emmanuel by losing weight on this show!!

ending:
For the next few months me and Emmanuel Adebayor only argued on the phone,we would call eachother trying to be friends but it just didnt happen i hated him so much for what he did to me and he hated me for being his “dirty little secret”

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

sebzilla posted:

Is this in any way legit? Where did you get it from?

http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?p=6537638

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
blue moon rising

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
facebook friends posting about arsenal and the cesc transfer someone kill me now

I'm warming up to this signing since a) Xavi needs rest b) Thiago is still developing, too loose with possession c) It helps to have a more direct player and d) He can play DM since it looks like Mascherano's gonna be at CB a lot this season and I hate Keita at DM.
4 hours ago · Like

arsenal needs to sign this neymar kid, and then we will be unstoppable
4 hours ago · Like

Arsenal needs to get Schweinsteiger.
4 hours ago · Like

Isn't he too old for Arsenal? =P JK, that would be awesome for Arsenal if they could get him.
3 hours ago · Like

dude, :S..quarterbacks der dekhsish na american futbol a? ..fabs the quarterback of world futbol .. :D ..lols..really, i hav never seen any other player launch those 30-40 yarder killer balls so often..(n most of em wud b effective, n efficient 2..) ..ya knw..as much as he usd 2.. (no, not xavi, not iniesta either..) n may b dats y barca wants him so badly.. :) ..(but mind u, he wasnt lyk dis wen he 1st arrieved @ arsenal:S..so i m hopin wenger ll b able to turn wilshere or ramsey in2 da next quarterback 4 arsenal..or sumthin.. ;) :) :)

:suicide:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

@EmmanuelF4
Emmanuel Y Frimpong
How the he'll is Drogba off instead of Torres? With 50million Abrahomovich could have bought Africa.#Disgrace

frimpong is a treasure

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

TyChan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8oIwO_-Bkw

The Emirates Experience? Can someone translate this for me?

goin to 'a fackin emrats
goin to 'a fackin stadium arnt wehhh

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
@Nanas08
Samir Nasri Official
I want a wish happy birthday to the best father in the world happy birthday daddy

DanielCross11 Daniel Cross
@
@Nanas08 what was his present? Money, we all know you have enough of that #monetgrabbingtwat
4 hours ago

apensiveman Graeme Campbell
@
@Nanas08 Gay as gently caress, m8.
4 hours ago
»

APMUFC Alex Purvis
@
@Nanas08 when are you going to grow a set?! ?! #gayasfuckNasri

etcetc

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
where are the Pulis Glasses

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Grievo posted:

sometimes he doesn't wear them

what about the Pulis Hat

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

T. Finn posted:

Big Tony loses the hat & glasses when he has to wade into the showers to headbutt a fat twat

Pulis... in the showers?!?!!?

:wth:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

twitter posted:

Wilshere: Was shocked to see @EmmanuelF4. Came in his pj's to football today!

Frimpong: @JackWilshere haha mate that tracksuit is worth pzzzz Who's Gonna be Pushing ur wheelchair wen u cum to the game tomoz SICKNOTE LOL

Wilshere: @EmmanuelF4 you say you have signed for Ghana but I'm sure I saw a #TeamGB on them pj's? #EnglishAndProud mate?

Frimpong: @JackWilshere lol GOD SAVE THE QUEEN love England mate btw have u told ur english fans u half scotish Thats NOTDEEEEENCH if they dont know

Wilshere: @EmmanuelF4 I am 100 percent english my friend! :)

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Ninpo posted:

That describes brap when his wife comes home and takes her military boots off

brap has a wife??? :wth:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
dayummm thats some virulent poo poo :staredog:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

JamesAFC
OCTOBER 19, 2011 AT 10:25 PM
its been a long time since we’ve seen a late winner like that! definately need some more quality up front though to partner van persie… what has happened to Park – eating dog i reckon – and why did we buy him? surely playing back in france like he has been for the last god knows how long would put him in with a shout… walcott was pretty pants as per usual, arshavin looked uninterested although he came out recently and said he was up for it! SZCZ had no problems… defence looked much better but shaky at times, good old Laurent played really well… im still not convinced about Santos, and Jenkinson looked more confident going forward than defending. still leaves a lot to be desired, but this morning i said i’d be happy with a draw and we got 3 points… COME ON YOU GUNNERS

quote:

billy
OCTOBER 20, 2011 AT 6:58 AM
i dont understand why people called that a boring game. it was intense.it was like two tactical italian sides on english pace and german efficiency. well done arsenal. well done. fought till the last minute and after the 65th minute we were in total control of the match. moral boosting away victory after a hard fight. what more can you ask.

quote:

Thorough
OCTOBER 19, 2011 AT 9:22 PM
If we had lost we will be panelbiting these players now. But the positives of the result kind temper our outlook. We didnt look like The Arsenal. It was like a pack of kittens running the lawn: no acrobatics, nothing special, just a lethargic trudge like the crocked Mama. I weep for Arsenal. But I can take consolation in the result.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

@AndrArshavin23
Andrey Arshavin
Day off. taking the kids to see Shrek the musical. for the second time.

arshavin sounds angry

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

SenorSpangiel posted:

Redcafe, several hours before the Manc Derby:

Topic title: We're gonna go unbeaten in the league

pride comes before the f-ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

e: the best part is reading the thread and the posts getting worse with each goal scored

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/were-gonna-go-unbeaten-league-342061/index2.html

crappledan fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 23, 2011

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
"black magic"

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

Came here just to post this goal. Got chills and teared up a bit watching it again almost 2 years later.
For context, in case someone on r/soccer has started watching since 2010: USA needed a win against Algeria to win the group. If they got a draw, they not only would not win the group, they would fall to 3rd in the group and their 2010 World Cup would end. Algeria was already eliminated from the next round and was content to play defensive football and not even attempt to win the game. They were playing lockdown for a draw. USA could have already clinched a spot in the next round except they had had a goal disallowed against Slovenia in the previous match, which gave them 1 point where they clearly earned 3. By the time this game went to '90, USA fans were so desperate and on edge that for many, the goal itself unleashed a fury of emotions that had building in all Americans for the last 270 minutes of World Cup football.
Most USA fans remember where they were and who they were with when Landon Donovan scored this goal. It was the single biggest event that led to my undying soccer fandom.

yea me too

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
disappointed there was no mention of clutch tbh

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Jose posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sports/soccer/09iht-soccer09.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&sq=newcastle%20united&st=cse&scp=1

"The Abu Dhabi owners of City are throwing such financial might at winning the league — and the Champions League — that it seems as if ogres are shaking a mighty tree, sure that in time all its fruit will fall into the owners’ hands."

as a city fan i cant wait until its fruit falls into my hands

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

I have somehow managed to get on the Barca training ground and standing in the shadow i closely follow my prey. All of the players are laughing and having a great tiki-taka-time, especially Iniesta with his likable baby face. He seems so innocent, being completely unaware that in a couple of minutes time, he'll suffer the pounding of his life.
I wait for the other players to leave. Being the nice guy that he is, Iniesta has promised to gather all the footballs used during training before hitting the showers. He stands there in the middle of the pitch with his back turned to me as i approach him.
"Sup, bra?!" I hiss. Poor Andrés is taken completely by surprise and as he turns around i pop him one right in the kisser. Smack! Andrés quickly moves his hand to his mouth reaching for the bruise while tears gather in he's eyes. "por qué?" he stutters on the verge of breaking into tears, now completely looking like a 12-year old boy in his scared and confused state. "This is for Chelsea" i scream, as i charge. And while i don't even like the London team after Abramovich took over, i just want him to feel like he in some way has helped all of this along. I want to make him feel like this is somehow actually his own fault.
I easily manage to get Andrés on the ground and start to pound him like a chimpanzee medically induced with rage, no technique at all just pure violent enthusiasm. He doesn't even try to resist the onslaught though after a short while, he seems to come to his senses. "Pique, pique" he whimpers desperately. "Pique can't hear you now, bra!" I cry out manically. "Its just you and me". He cries as i put my last energy into the pounding.
I stop just as suddenly as I started it all. Within few seconds I'm of the pitch running into the dark. I hear Andrés sobbing behind me, and while a part of me starts to feel guilty for what i just did, i start to think back on two games; november 2010 and may 2009. As these memories return, I suddenly stop in my tracks, turn around and run as fast as i can back towards Andrés and onto the pitch howling and screaming like the wild beast of the night, that I've turned into. "WHAT IS UP BRA?!"
The pounding has just begun.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
when are they ever going to let it go

quote:

@SamNasri19
Samir Nasri Official
@Persie_Official. Congrat for the win and 2 goals bro
10 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

MikeKerr14 Mike Kerr
@
@SamNasri19 its a shame u hosed off to man city u money grabbing oval office

CCOPE8 Charlie Cope
@
@SamNasri19 Don't talk to our players #mug
9 hours ago

JordanBear18 Jordan Bear
@
@SamNasri19 @Persie_Official Congrats for loving us off for a bigger wage packet and for not getting in the last 16 of the CL haha!!
9 hours ago

markolloydo Mark Lloyd
@
@SamNasri19 its a shame you'll be out of the champions league and were top seeded last 16 #judas #moneygrabber
9 hours ago

GoonerAadam Gooner Aadam
@
@SamNasri19 stfu $amir. We're happier without your opinions on #TheArsenal you oval office.
9 hours ago

BKingsmill Billy Kingsmill
@
@SamNasri19 You don't deserve to be tweeting van Persie, gently caress off.
9 hours ago

byron91_byzo byron hennessy
@
@SamNasri19 gently caress off Nasri, how's the bench treating ya?
9 hours ago

chopper6 tom cornell
@
@SamNasri19 gently caress off u greedy oval office
9 hours ago

MichaelWebb8 Michael Webb
@
@SamNasri19 look what your missing out on! #Champions league #Arsenal #Europa for City!
9 hours ago

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Bad Arsenal fans posts incoming:

quote:

The Well-endowed Wegster NOVEMBER 24, 2011 AT 11:26 AM
I think we’re about to see the best of the Arsenal in the coming weeks and months. Arsenal are a desert flower about to bloom into a fully-grown wildebeast in the midst on the Kalahari Desert. When that wildebeast finally meets a jackal disguised as a sheep, then will we find out if your wildebeast is really a flower or a tiger.

Let’s ride this beast until it breaks down!

Robin van Persie, we are with you!

quote:

Wenger says that Gervinho should not worry about his lack of goals, and should start worrying about the African Cup of Nations. We will lose Gervinho for two months while the African shenanigans are going on. And who put them up to this?????

I believe Arsenal should protest against the African Cup of Nations and let them know they cannot keep taking our players to play for their nations, especially if they’re important players like Gervinho!!!!!!!

Frankly, I am appalled at the intransigence of these sub-Saharan whelps who believe that they can waltz in and pluck the very flowers which adorn Wenger’s head like a virginal Polynesian princess’ floral tiara!!!!! If they are taking Gervinho today, who next? van Persie? Wilshere? Alex Song?????

I think there should be a fight between the Arsenal boys and the Ivory Coast over young Gervinho. I’d love to see Ivan Gazidis and Silent Stan stand toe-to-toe in a 9 round dust=up against whoever the Ivorian FA can muster. I think Silent Stan is a bit of a scrapper who’d knuckle-dust the jaws of those Ivorian administrators, and Gazidis is dirty enough to kick them in their endowments when they’re prostrate on the floor.

If Silent Stan and Gruesome Gazidis are formidable enough, we might even challenge the Holland FA for the rights to van Persie’s knees, or the English FA for the rights of Wilshire’s ankles. I think Silent Stan and Gruesome Gazidis who very quickly be world champions of football administration street-fighting – and that one trophy I’d like to see at the Arsenal!

quote:

Munitionsman NOVEMBER 25, 2011 AT 3:59 AM
The thrashing by Manure and the painful departure of cesc and nasri have actually been the best things that have happened to us in 5 years. Those events have woken AW from his daydream. With the youth project dream now officially smashed, with AW admitting as much. With the paucity of our squad exposed so brutally and the folly of youth shown for what it is, AW has revitilised the squad. Not with kids, not with super stars, but with intelligent committed footballers. First time in ages where our team is not an extract from the lower afro-french menu. The afro-french we had playing was deservedly present and though I have been one of Song’s critics he has been consistently delivering in our revival. He certainly seems to be benefiting from arteta, rambo, santos, TV and PM around him. And compared to diaby, eboue, squilacci and almunia who wouldnt? Diaby remains the only liability of that genre and he must surely be on his last chance. I sincerley hope he can get a chance to be the player he looked like before that thug smashed his foot.
One thing that really cemented my view that AW has woken up was the unchanged line-up last night. In the past AW would have fielded a lesser team, lost, and then had to play Barca. Last night he bought the chance to play a second string outfit in Greece with no penalty. Sound management from a manager who is rediscovering some humility, practicality and respect.

Wenger nowhere near as out as before

Munitionsman NOVEMBER 25, 2011 AT 4:07 AM
Sorry forgot gervinho was afro-french!! I like the lad. He is a bit like theo in that he is so quick his brain cant keep pace with his feet. Theo and Gerv do give us genuine pace and width. AA23 cant get a look in and I suspect will be off soon.

Arsenal: an extract from the lower afro-french menu

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
lmao

quote:

Liverpoolrzt
I admit I cracked a slight smile when I found out United were out, but City annoys me. As an american relatively new to the sport, it still seems barbaric to allow Napoli, Bayern, and City in the same group. One of those teams had to go. Just because City don't have a high coefficient doesn't mean they're not a great team, haven't bought top talent this past summer, currently 1st in the EPL, but the UEFA system doesn't acknowledge that. It's an outdated system.
permalinkreportreply

Manchester Citydanvasquez29

I wouldn't say it's outdated really, how much more hosed would it be if the pots and places were determined by how good people 'thought' the teams would be the next year?
We've honestly way outperformed so far what I thought we'd be doing in August when the draw was.
It'd be like the NBA automatically giving the Miami Heat the number one seed in the East playoffs after they signed LeBron in the summer; you gotta earn your spot.
permalinkparentreportreply

Liverpoolrzt
Well right now, the UEFA system would be like giving Miami the 6 seed, because the Miami players in 2006-2007...9 of which don't even play for Miami anymore, did poorly in 2006. So the 2011 team gets a bad seed. Makes total sense.
Not that I know how to fix it or anything, I'm just commenting that it seems weird to me. The NBA system...where a team has 80 games to prove how good they are, and at the end of the season they count up the points and seed them into a tournament....that sorta makes sense. Yes upsets happen which keeps it exciting, but no team gets screwed into a 'group of death', it's all based on regular-season performance.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Racism has led to many funny posts I hope it never dies lmao.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
you could argue that the ultimate team consists of white ppl wuld be spain n barca but spain has connections with africa and poo poo so maybe ppl on spain team took the best black n best white traits together to become worldcup winners but i dunno

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Jose posted:

http://www.ontheedgeofsanity.co.uk/

Someone has gone to the effort of compiling comments about football from different websites

quote:

Madrid supporters booing Abidal when he scored. Booing a cancer survivor. Do they have no shame?

cheers

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
As an american who watches mostly english soccer myself and my friends have all chosen teams almost at random. We follow these teams like it was our religion. But we have no real affiliation with the town/area. Mostly this is due to the fact we have no real soccer team to support in our area, southern united states and more specifically TN. Do you find this either offensive/flattering or maybe a combination of both? and other southern soccer watchers do you follow the MLS even if there in cities you dont like/are not affiliated with? Or have you also moved over seas? Just wondering and would like some feedback from the TRP community.
Thanks guys

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

vyelkin posted:

gently caress OFF ARSENAL U FUCKIN CUNTS. IVE BEEN SAYIN IT 4 MONTHS THEO WALCOTT AND AARON RAMSEY ARE BOTH loving poo poo. THEY ARE SO poo poo OMG AND THEVE BEEN DOG poo poo ALL loving SEASON YET THEY PLAY EVERY loving GAME. FUCKIN PUSSIES gently caress OFF OUT OF MY CLUB U USELESS CUNTS. WENGER CAN gently caress OFF TOO

wow

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
arsene wenger get the hell out omy club!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have ruined a total history in 1 season

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
cescs goal was amazing :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
As an Arsenal fan from the USA I would love to see nothing more than Clint Dempsey in an Arsenal jersey. I don't know if its even remotely possible, but I think he is exactly the type of player that could do Arsenal a ton of good.