Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SteadfastMeat posted:

Don't get me wrong, he was an amazing player, there are just plenty of other players I'd rather have in a team. I wouldn't even consider him the best forward of the last 15 years. Raul, Henry, Eto'o, Van Nistelrooy, etc these players offered MUCH more to a team, just as many goals, more versatility, and these guys showed up in the big games and when competition was it's fiercest.

Heard it here first guys, Van Nistelrooy offered more to his team and was more versatile than Ronaldo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mogues posted:

I'm eager to meet anyone that has "Da Plaz" permanently displayed above their head.

Maybe he's a character in an MMO.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Any soccer article on Canadian news websites is like that too. There's usually about 30 comments, 2 of them will be from some random guy saying soccer sucks, 20 will be responding to that and the last 8 will be about the actual article.

If it helps any though, I think that particular guy was just trolling because he drops these later in the same comments section:

quote:

Farfan is kind of an idiot. Magath works his players hard, but he's largely responsible for Schalke being one small step away from their first ever CL semi-final. He did get them to the quarter-finals.

Their fitness is all Magath and it should be pointed out, the team is as well. Other than Manuel Neuer, Benedikt Howedes and Jefferson Farfan, all other Schalke players that participated in the match were brought to Schalke by Magath.

quote:

Magath works his players physically harder than any manager in the Bundesliga, by far. The day after he took over Wolfsburg after getting fired by Schalke, he had the entire roster winded with side-cramps. There's a reason he's known as physical demon. South Americans are probably going to have the most issue with this management style.

Bottom line is Magath took Wolfsburg to the first title in their history and took Schalke to the Champions League quarter-finals and the final of the German Cup this season. Last season he had them finish second in the Bundesliga. Hard to argue Magath is not a good coach.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

but everything he says in those comments is true???

I know. That's what I'm saying, those are written by the same 'anti-soccer' person quote TyChan found, so he's totally just trolling with the first one.

Edit: To contribute, this is the kind of comment we often get on soccer articles here in Canada:

quote:

Soccer is ok, but as someone else pointed out earlier, soccer is the game you play while waiting for your skates to get sharpened in the hallway.
I hope the Whitecaps will play all their games at Empire Field and not BC Place!
The latter is reserved for the "other' football team, the game real men play!

Go Canucks, all the way!

Or

quote:

Does anyone outside to toronto or vancouver care about soccer, football, whatever u wanna call it

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 12, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah this is usually more the standard:

(although I did like this one:

)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

From redcafe regarding Cesc Fabregas (mostly the same poster responding to people disagreeing with Cesc going to Real loving Madrid):

:ughh:

Tbf I would love it if Mourinho trolled everyone by putting in a huge bid for Fabregas.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

delicious beef posted:

Why would you sign a worse, more expensive Ozil when you already have one in Kaka?

Because Real Madrid is to attacking midfielders as Manchester City is to defensive midfielders.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Does he not realize that Hernandez is literally one year younger than Messi? Setting aside the fact that they're completely different players with completely different playstyles, how can you be the new Messi if you're basically the same age? That's like saying that Ronaldo is the new Iniesta.

Now, the new Pippo Inzaghi I could get behind.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i fel that man u are ojn the right track if reports are correct
the spanish goalie & the villa winger a re good signings
the centre half seems like over provision bearing in mind the other 4 centre halves on the books
liverpool have staked all on caroll & henderson
personally i feel they paid £5m over the odds for both men
they need a left back
if they sign the frenchman from arsenal it will be a step in the right direction
kenny appears to buy a raincoat when his boots are leaking
ie an attacker when the defence is the problem
this sort of myopic thinking marred his 1st speel as manager
arsenal have sign the lad from soton with a doubke barrelled name
they pipped man u for him
a good signing i feel
they are also bringing in young defenders which is good
all they need now is a decent goalie
spurs too need another centre half & a long term goalie
does anyone agree with me that seamus coleman of everton was the steal of the decade at £900,000?
his pace & committment transform everton from a mid-table side to a good attacking force
if only they can hang onto their bright young stars
also srtengthen their small squad?
if so the europa league beckons

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I am OK posted:

Should have bolded this too:

There's just so much to bold. Personally I would've bolded 'double-bagel' but to each their own.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

don't rule Liverpool off b'cos let wait to see. our motto says we never walk alone so we are going clinch the title this year.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You can sometimes tell when a Wikipedia article was written by someone's biggest fan.

Wikipedia posted:

Style of Play
Torsten Frings is usually employed as a holding defensive midfielder, but is a box-to-box midfielder all around. He is known for his hard, but effective tackling. At one point he played as right back in a match during the 2002 World Cup. Torsten has the ability to score from a distance outside of the penalty box. He also has superb passing and vision and technical skills. He is also a cool penalty taker.

International Career
Frings is an all-action, versatile midfielder. He can play anywhere across midfield, although he is most comfortable running deep from his own team's box to the opposition's box. He is however deployed as defensive midfielder where his tough tackling is useful....

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
More teams seem to be willing to give it a go this season making for more entertaining matches. I reckon Man Utd for one will tighten up from now on though.

The team with the most solid defence will win the league and thats why I don't think it will be Man city.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Here, have a Canadian university student newspaper article about Inter Milan:

From the Top to the Bottom Half: What Happened to Inter Milan?

For the past several seasons they have been one of the top teams in Serie A, but this season they are currently ranked in the bottom quarter. Does Inter Milan have a chance at snatching the top spot this year?

According to FoxSoccer.com, Coach Claudio Ranieri said after the loss to Catania, “We have to remain united and continue to work hard.”

Ranieri is correct about Inter having to work. Working as a team, and strengthening a sense of unity among the players can help give the Inter players the new confidence that they need.

However, there is no easy answer to explain Inter Milan’s difficulty this season. On October 17th, according to the Inter Milan Fan Club website, President Massimo Moratti remarked: “It’s a funny moment. It’s worrying when you find yourselves in situations like this because no one likes to look bad. And you hope to figure out how to put it all right. We simply must dig ourselves out of this.”

Some of the struggles may have been due to the absence of several key players for the past few games. However, many of these players will be returning shortly, or have already returned. For instance, goalie Julio Cesar will be returning, as well as defender Christian Chivu, and mid-fielders Joel Obi and Wesley Sneijder. With these players back Inter can hopefully, as their coach expressed, remain united.

However, Inter’s difficulties go past not having the right attitude or not having all of their players. Effort is lacking as well. The team needs results: more goals in the opposing net, rather than in their own. In order to rise up Inter has to work on its defence. In fact, the team has one of the worst defensive records in Serie A.

All of the Inter Milan players need to approach each game with a fresh attitude, stick together as a team, and most importantly, remain focused on playing the game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TyChan posted:

What a random article for a university newspaper. Are you sure this isn't some botched edit of a wire services piece?

Oh I'm sure. I just edited out the author's name.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maybe they've just accepted Diouf's inevitable cunty red card and have worked out some system where they start with 10 players but he gets sent off they keep him on the pitch.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Chuggo posted:

this is what i think will happen the joe cole will move to lille permenent aquliina will return carrol return to newcatle on loan flanagen to blackpool on loan bellamy to reaserves and stays their a hope skirtel to west brom jones to west ham for free hart to liverpool 15 million henderson to sunderland on loan will a permentent deal if he wants to stay their adam johnson on loan ashley cole 13 million here

Aquliina and The Joe Cole are truly the missing links in our midfield.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sometimes American sports writers try to throw a bone to us Eurosports fans by including a football player on their lists of 'X players who did Y.' Here's a great example.

BleacherReport posted:

The 25 Dirtiest Players in Sports:

21. Christian Poulsen

Danish soccer player Christian Poulsen has a reputation for being an exceptionally physical player who crosses the line on occasion.

One such occasion came in 2008, in a World Cup qualifying game against Sweden. Poulsen punched Swedish striker Markus Roseberg in the stomach, earning a red card and inciting a melee that forced the referee to end the game.

He was the only football player on the list, therefore (by their logic) making Christian Poulsen the dirtiest football player on Earth.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I... I think you win the thread. Holy poo poo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I wish I had an arsenal of Lampard facts to prove that I'm a True Blue just like Frank

Shouldn't it be a chelsea of Lampard facts?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
To be fair though there was one gem in there: I haven't hear Kalouless before and it made me laugh.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Collector posted:

:negative:

I feel dirty for liking Hulk now.

Youtube comments posted:

boateng to milan

sulley muntari to inter

lassana diara to madrid.

POMPEY Y U SO POOR?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I found an old BBC 606 thread from when Lucas signed for Liverpool (July 2007):

quote:

I was went to a few U-20 World Cup matches while was on vacation in canada, and i got to see first hand what kind of player the reds are getting. Eventhough he is no Giovanni Dos Santos, this guy has the best vision and touch I have seen from a midfielder at the u-20 World Cup. I strongly feel he will be a exceptional Box to Box midfielder to go along with the brazilain playing style

quote:

He could be a good player or a flop as we need 1 a season. I say that if he isn't the best we will make a profit on him if we sell him next summer

quote:

liverpool are offcially the new chelsea there buying players they dont need and they will end up ruining there careers

quote:

comment by sycostill
posted 8 Minutes Ago

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has predicted a bright Anfield future for new midfielder Lucas Leiva.

Anfield future, what Anfield future... new ground d'oh!!!!!!

rubbish rubbish rubbish..
==============================================================================================

Another parasitical manure fan again obsessed with the redmen.

LFC have sigbed a great young talent in Lucas.

The team you 'support' has signed the brunette Canadian version of Robbie Savage for £18m

quote:

Rafa has bought some great players in recent times (Leiva, Mascreno, Babel) - hopefully we will not be so reliant on our captain anymore.

I am a huge fan of Gerard - but if the current young breed of midfielders show their worth this season, I reckon we will cash in on Gerard and sell to a Italian or Spanish club.

quote:

5 yrs down the line it'll be an English player like Craig Lindfield or someone leading out the likes of Nemeth, Leiva, Leto, Simon, Pacheco, Threlfall, Darby etc.

Etc.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

Not exactly a bad post, but listening to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjpgIPhXb1g

made me cringe forever :psyduck:

I think the worst part is when he just squawks instead of providing commentary.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"Hi, I'm a huge plastic but I don't get all the fuss about this Stevie Gerrard guy. Why don't we just sell him and buy Best Player In The World Wayne Rooney to replace him?"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Ste posted:

Seen what is possibly one of the funniest posts of the year on RAWK (and the lad was actually serious):

That'll teach me to go on there and look for some sensible pre-match discussion.

Holy poo poo I'm dying over here, that's incredible.

Also that Turkish one is amazing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm surprised they couldn't make it a bit more obvious by talking about a red-nosed patriarch with a fondness for whiskey.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
its only here in the uk that people frown upon diving and think that it is a form of cheating. i coach youth football and i would never tell my kids not to do it - in fact, if they do it and do it well i will praise them - i see it as a skill. i'd much rather see a good dive than encourage a little 10 year old to "get in to 'em hard and let 'em know that youre there" of which could result in a pointless injury. unfortunately, the footballing culture in this country will never change and for that reason we will always be a second rate nation that is too concerned about being the guardian angels of the game rather than developing technical programme to improve us ON THE PITCH....i'm actually embarrassed to have anything to do with the f.a and english football - its a joke in this country....too concerned about our image within....trying to satisfy the pc brigade, tabloids, and people who dont know anything about the game....the rest of the world laughs at us and rightly so.

anyway....the only thing i would like to see introduced into the english/european game is the temporary pitch spray to highlight the 10yrd distance between ball and defence - it works a treat in south america and stops the defensive wall creeping forward during free kicks.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

further more, can someone name 5 two footed tackles that HAVE actually broke a leg....lets make that 3 names instead.

quote:

This wasn't two feet first it was scissors dumbasses and he played ball! how unbelievable stupid can one be? sure you weren't watching ping-pong for monkeys??????????

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ah yes, handshake mindgames. "If I pull my hand back a little bit, then he'll think I don't want to shake his hand and then I can get mad when he doesn't. It's a perfect plan."

Football fans are stupid.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i cant believe this. Has anyone actually seen the footage, does no one see suarez offer his hand and Evra is the one moves his hand back? its on Youtube for goodness sake or you can see another view on This Is Anfield website. No wonder Suarez said its not as it seems! Especially when poor reporting stirs it up more. I expect this to be moderated but hopefully the BBC will have the guts to go back, look again and start realising there is reason why Dalglish is defending Suarez and get back to impartial journalism.

---

Ferguson has never won a championship whilst Kenny was in charge of Liverpool. Kenny won it twice in the same head to head period and only retired due to health isuse. No wonder Fergie sounds like a bitter old man with his stirring.

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 12, 2012

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Ste posted:

I present you with a poster by the name of Andy @ Allerton. The following posts are regarding Kenny, the Club, and Suarez's choice to finally apologise and put the whole circus to bed:

Yes, we as a football club are done because of an apology.

Taking responsibility for your actions is the first step on the way to being a 'done' 'midtable' club, don't you know.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! Luis Suarez has been arrested for the murder of Whitney Houston in a racially motivated attack...Eye-witness Patrice Evra says he saw Saurez kill her at least 10 times...Sir Alex Ferguson has called for the death penalty...Kenny Dalglish says he has never heard of Whitney Houston and has questioned whether she actually ever existed...Howard webb says he seen it all!

I will say it again, expecting fair-play from Luis Suarez is like expecting a prostitute to be a virgin. Evra is the man. Good morning Man Utd fans and family and to all my friends.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gently caress OFF ARSENAL U FUCKIN CUNTS. IVE BEEN SAYIN IT 4 MONTHS THEO WALCOTT AND AARON RAMSEY ARE BOTH loving poo poo. THEY ARE SO poo poo OMG AND THEVE BEEN DOG poo poo ALL loving SEASON YET THEY PLAY EVERY loving GAME. FUCKIN PUSSIES gently caress OFF OUT OF MY CLUB U USELESS CUNTS. WENGER CAN gently caress OFF TOO

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

My day was spoil wit dis game,wat hapen 2 my gunners,my players,dis is not my arsenal,dis is not my players,d last tyme i played Ac milan at san siro,i beat dem 2-0,wat nw hapen 2nite,drat,they outplayed us,kudos 2 zlatan a true world class player,kudos 2 my henry,my igwe,bye bye.tnks we all love u,my keeper,my defender,my midfielder n my useless coach,arsene wenger r all 2 blame,djorou now worsening it by entering,my laurent is out now,wao wat a game,4-0,up Ac milan,i miss cecs n nasir at da...

quote:

arsene wenger get the hell out omy club!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have ruined a total history in 1 season you have done enough for the club but thats it its time to leave now please leave while we still love you and we will remember you as a legend for the club its time to say goodbye you have been the best coach i have ever seen so if you really love arsenal just leave or fix the problem that you have made in the end arsenal above all

quote:

Iam getting to belive that Arsene Winger is a fooll. All ready Asenal is losing 2-0 to Ac milan why bringing out a diffender and still introduse a diffender instedy of a strike na gently caress.

quote:

Somebody need fi gi Arsene Wenger a steam chalice wid some high grade. Actually the whole a arsenal player dem need fi gather and pass it roun', and really medz bout dem life, dem a joke out dem career

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Can you translate that first quote?

My day was spoil wit dis game,wat hapen 2 my gunners,my players,dis is not my arsenal,dis is not my players,d last tyme i played Ac milan at san siro,i beat dem 2-0,wat nw hapen 2nite,drat,they outplayed us,kudos 2 zlatan a true world class player,kudos 2 my henry,my igwe,bye bye.tnks we all love u,my keeper,my defender,my midfielder n my useless coach,arsene wenger r all 2 blame,djorou now worsening it by entering,my laurent is out now,wao wat a game,4-0,up Ac milan,i miss cecs n nasir at da...

becomes:

My day was spoiled by this game. What has happened to my Gunners? My players... this is not my Arsenal, these are not my players. Last time I played AC Milan at the San Siro [probably referring to the 2007-08 CL] I beat them 2-0. Now what happened tonight? drat. They outplayed us. Kudos to Zlatan, he is a truly world class player. Kudos to my Thierry Henry, my igwe [?], good bye. Thank you, we all love you. My keepers, defenders, midfielders and useless manager, Arsene Wenger, are all to blame. Djourou made the defence worse when he entered the pitch, now my Laurent [Koscielny] is out injured. Wow, what a game. 4-0 for AC Milan. I miss Cesc and Nasri...

I think it's being narrated by Arsenal Football Club itself. It's become self-aware. :stare:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That's what I thought at first too, but then I realized that Arsenal actually did beat Milan 2-0 in the 2007-08 CL. Don't know if it was in Milan or London though, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

My favourite team, the Cats beaten my former favourite team, the Gunners by 2-0 in the FA Cup.

quote:

Though a man falls seven times, he shall rise again. Arsenal will rise again. Gunners for Life!

quote:

gunners can't guns anytin d cizin and wenger will be back 2 sch 2 learns more.

quote:

Ma gunners 6 goals in one wk.u made a mistake 4 nt including RVP he cud have scored 4 his team.bt u can come back 2morow dont wory guyz.

quote:

To those of you that are expecting me to withdrawn my support for my darling team"Arsenal" owing to my utterances that I'll not support her again if she fails to win any trophy at the end of this season,I recant my words as it is hard for me to do that.Even in defeat,I remain a gunner.UP GUNNERS!!!

quote:

Gunners why can't u go 4 principal Cup then,championsleague NO,carlling NO,FAcup NO,Premiership top 4 NO,yeeeeh OGA ooo =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=)) it's Good 2 support Good club like FCBARCELONA....ashouty 4 life.

quote:

Best Break Up Line: Hey Girl! I'm leaving you! We two can't stay together, just like Arsenal & Trophies.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This is the top rated comments string from a video of Mike Dean jumping to get a better view of a goal:

cupsui posted:

that is just incredible...
what is with the FA love affair with tiny totts? Harry the puffy eyed tax fraud can say what ever he likes, Bale dives and the british press just heap praise on him and now referees jump like little giddy girls when they score

Alfie posted:

hahaha shut your loving noise you moaning gooner oval office...you sound just like Wenger, you won the game and you STILL loving moan about it...its quite obvious he was jumping to get a better look at the play to see if it had gone in or not...so glad im not a red wearing dickhead like you lot...cant imagine how poo poo it must be to be an arsenal fan this season!

james posted:

Not as crap it is must be to be a tottenham fan for the last 10 years...

Bluegrassish posted:

Last ten? Try last 50. Spurs will always be poo poo.

AllYidsAreScum posted:

loving obvious you yid muppet. He was in direct line. Why would he need to jump. loving retard wanker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

i think king kenny needs to realize that winning a cup dont hide the fact that league form has been shite 4pts out of the last 21pts is poor need another clear out, if wenger brought back henry and fergie brought back scholes, why dont kenny bring back robbie fowler he would wear the shirt with pride...khanny lfc ynwa

This one is great because you start out thinking it's pretty reasonable and then suddenly it goes insane.