Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Backdoor Delivery posted:

A closely contested match between NWSL All-Star and SL Benfica (basically), not much separating the two.

Many people have observed that teams like Japan and Spain (men and women) have a homogeneity problem: their players are too much alike, and lack a sort of diversity in profile that we see in teams like England and France.

I don’t think a lot of people realize that USA also has this problem. The players are mostly interchangeably fast-ish, tall-ish, lean-ish, white-ish, leggy-ish, etc. They are mostly good at the same sorts of things. (Obviously not exactly the same, and there are exceptions, but you can say the same about Japan.) This is especially acute in the frontline. I remember seeing them live against Germany in Red Bull Arena. It was very difficult to tell the front three from one another other: Morgan, Smith, Pugh (Swanson). You wonder why they don’t seem to have a plan B in attack? Well these players are all good at the same things: aggressive pressing, running the channels, crossing, arriving in the box. If you want a forward to do something else, there’s simply no one there.

Are you trying to use race science to explain bad tactics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The parent article should be the ted lasso episode because more people probably like Ted lasso

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Gigi Galli posted:

Diretta Stadio (the TV show featuring screaming Milan man Tiziano Crudelli) has been going on since the early 90's or even before that. It is exactly 4 or 5 people acting insane about football; people have always loved this stuff.

Crudelli understands react content on a level not comprehended by mortal man or internet personality alike

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Butterfly Valley posted:

I want to make teams with a player in that position from each country mentioned but I'm not sure who hails from the countries of Isis, Hamas or Hezbollah

Abbas Saad for hezbollah if FIFA will allow him to change from Australia, he only played like 4 games against Fiji.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Thanks Ants posted:

In terms of the fans of each getting into a scrap, I'd rather be on the side of Terrorist FC, they've got Russia and Turkey

They also have the western Sydney Yugoslav civil war reenactment society

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Backdoor Delivery posted:

"These responses from Sogni are weirdly refreshing because thoughtful answers from those in power on these issues are rare. Football, like other areas of society, and AI are going to become increasingly intertwined in many ways. Sogni shows that the technology can be used to challenge power structures in a way that hasn’t been possible before."

That's the Guardian writer, not the AI (allegedly)

The guardian is too busy deleting the writings of the most successful attacker to ever wear an arsenal shirt to waste time on journalism. That's clearly just chat gpt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wonder how insufferable he is irl

Turn off your monitor and all will be revealed