Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1491717730097053701?s=21

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

greazeball posted:

lol at Neymar being left out completely

didn't even realise this lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

blue footed boobie posted:

I mean they’re perfectly fine foods but eating them with just eachother and bread is like basically wadding up some paper and chewing on it.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

EC10 posted:

i see neck tattoo, i think criminal. cant help it

:chloe:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

EC10 posted:

lmao wtf is wrong with you ninpo and how are you still a mod? clown

your post was terrible

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

sticksy posted:

In the U.S. I have observed a minor difference between the greats and the almost greats being that the former tend to build their legacy by staying with one team and making it great. I understand Jordan went to the Wizards and Brady won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but those decisions were in the twilight of a career. Jordan is a Bull and Brady is a Patriot at the end of the day. They built those teams and stayed with them until the team’s time at the top expired. They will rightly be celebrated as legends as a result. On the other hand, look at someone like Kevin Durant or Matthew Stafford. They may win rings, but they just aren’t going to be considered legends. I think players like Mahomes and the Greek Freak realize their greatness is tied to staying and building something over time. If you leave early, you forfeit greatness in the eyes of fans. You can always make more money somewhere else, but true greatness seems to come with more money over your entire career and not just your playing days. Maybe it’s ownership or just advertising, but Michael Jordan will definitely out-earn Kevin Durant in their lifetimes. If Salah decides to take more money at Real Madrid, that’s absolutely fine, but Liverpool should be very clear with him that he’s giving up his chance to be an all-time great by not sticking around and seeing out this team’s era he’s been integral to ushering in.

lmao

now i want salah to leave liverpool specifically for the person who wrote this

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/felipecar/status/1502285454514831361?s=21

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/cristiano/status/1502947140808716289?s=21

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/garylineker/status/1514990776761176064?s=21&t=C7coz_H91ifJR6Eq1Noszg

cringe

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
guess it's a power ranking of most unlikeable clubs? makes sense tbh

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/basedsonu/status/1525412437801017346?s=21&t=TjGLe2KWvp7UeFFuX-YnLQ

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

you have to lick the boots of those born higher than you at all times. its the english way

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
it's difficult for the american arsenal fans

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
3 corners penalty imo

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/garylineker/status/1536276807472844801?s=21&t=u1Se-08ZbmzLKatFQRe0cA

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Butterfly Valley posted:

I think if I were a lifelong Wrexham fan all of these Americans turning up to pile on the bandwagon because they watched funny man in thing once and now funny man buy football club would make me piss blood

aren't you a man city fan? loving lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Butterfly Valley posted:

"The sheikh" is a total misnomer, sheikh just means an important family member or leader, it doesn't describe a singular political position.

It's a purely factual description of some of the people involved in City's ownership and where they fit in to the political ruling class of Abu Dhabi and the UAE, what's idiotic about it? Like it seems obvious to me that the situation is a lot more complex than the UAE directly owning us, look at how many other football teams Emirates airlines are involved in sponsoring for example.

Like I'm not making a value judgment on the morality of the owners or foreign investment/ownership of football teams in general but trying to understand the nuance involved doesn't strike me as idiotic at all and tbh the lot of you seem to be being wilfully ignorant and a little racist.

Like of course there's a laundry list of issues with each of the states mentioned but that surely warrants a more detailed understanding of the specifics of how and why each of them suck rather than 'all Arab owners are exactly the same and terrible'.

right thread

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Wasnt this thick oval office once lauded as one of those elusive "intellectual footballers"?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Shogi posted:

are there any leaked scripts for the cancelled ronay/liew football journo comedy. dont think I’ve ever felt so psychologically threatened by a media concept

it still feels like a fever dream to me that the two most tedious and humourless football journalists in existence were supposed to write a football comedy for netflix

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

cagliostr0 posted:

The parent article should be the ted lasso episode because more people probably like Ted lasso

harsh but fair

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
https://twitter.com/KeejayOV3/status/1703403105105096782?s=20

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
you have to lol

quote:

Jose Mourinho: Roma boss says he is 'not the problem' after club's poor start to season

Jose Mourinho says he is "not the problem" at Roma's despite his side's poor start to the season.

Having won the Europa Conference League in 2022 and reached the Europa League final last season, Roma are 16th in Serie A with just five points from six games.

Mourinho said he rejected the "craziest offer" to leave Roma in the summer.

"Three months ago the idea of me leaving was seen almost as a tragedy," he said.

"During the holidays, I received the biggest and craziest offer a coach has ever received in the history of football.

"And I turned it down. I did so because I'd given my word to my players, I'd given my word to the fans and I'd given my word to the club owner.

"Three months later, it seems like I'm the problem. I can't accept that."

Roma's only league win this season came with a 7-0 victory against Empoli, while they also beat Sheriff Tiraspol in a Europa League group game.

"I don't read the papers, listen to the radio or watch the TV but I have friends, I have players, I have assistants, I have people who, even if I don't want to know, inform me of things. I won't accept it. Because it's not true. I'm not the problem," the 60-year-old added."In football, and in life too, there are multiple factors. It's the same when you win: you can't say one person is responsible for it. We all are.

"Lots of little things are at play in a football club, a business, a political structure, an educational structure, and I know because I've worked in one. It's always multiple factors."

Mourinho, who won two Serie A titles in a row with Inter Milan in 2009 and 2010, took over at Roma following his sacking by Tottenham in 2021.

He said: "Until 30 June 2024 I'll be here fighting every day, working every day, for the players, for the club, for the fans. "There's only one person - and of course I mean the owners, whether it's Dan [Friedkin] or Ryan [Friedkin] - who can tell me it's over. I'm not afraid of external pressure. I'm not afraid of being booed as I enter the field at the stadium tomorrow. I'm not afraid at all."

Mourinho's side play eighth-placed Frosinone at home on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66973338

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Reading, or listening to, jonathan liew is incredibly bad for you brain

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

thats just sad bro

Adbot