Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

lol that guy is such a loving retard he's one of my worst posters. He's posted before about how many sports are better than football because they have higher scores, someone should introduce him to darts it'd blow his mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Crazy Ted posted:

Well she's already said that Jurgen Klinsmann needs to be fired in part because of "all the foreign guys" he's brought into the national team.

She's right ancestry is a load of bollocks. Trump / Wambach 2016

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

ASLEM: 5 word to sum up 2015 is LVG PHILOSOPHY BORING PAINFUL TO WATCH

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Homework Explainer posted:

Untold Arsenal’s mission is

1. To support Arsene Wenger in all he does.

This is my mission also

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

It is a bit of a weird post tbh, I don't get whats meant to be funny about it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

If you scraped away at some of the letters it could say BUT ON MATCHDAY I FART ON LIVERPOOL

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

be nice wicka posted:

he's primarily bad bc he's tiny, could you imagine how wrecked he'd get in league one?

League 1 isn't just full of giant shitkickers. Adam Armstrong is 5 foot 7 and currently tearing poo poo up in league 1.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

chuggo is BACK posted:

don't sign your posts

lol loving hell get this ape under control

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Cotton Hill's let himself go

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The terrifying story of how one brave man read a book about things that happened in the 80s

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I forget who said it but last season one f the pundits said there are mini-leagues within the Premiership and the top of the Championship. The first mini-league is the top 8 clubs in the Premiership competing for the title and/or European competition; the second mini league is the rest of the Premiership, aiming to (a) stay up; (b) avoid relegation.The third mini-league is the bottom five of the Premiership all fighting to stay up, and the top six in the Championship who are fighting for promotion.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Man Utd: Why £89m Paul Pogba deal is a bargain

I guess we've found the new rationale for why Man U aren't big spenders now the 5 year net spend table is out the window

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

straight up brolic posted:

football analyst people are the loving worst because they think a lack of existing analysis means that they can say whatever they want/make up their own stats. some dude was trying to convince me that crossing was an inherently bad thing to do and that teams should never do it under any circumstance

The insufferable word salad Norwich forum guy I post itt believes this and posts about it regularly in his ongoing series of "Tactical Masterclasses"

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

TheBigAristotle posted:

Then you have these two mini-leagues, each up for grabs. The season become one in which you play 24 matches against teams within your division, then 10 outside your division (similar to what is done within MLS). Suddenly, those division games have even greater importance and meaning, as do cross division rivalries that only occur once per season.

9 other teams in your division and you play 24 matches how does that work?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

blue footed boobie posted:

As far as I can tell a raumdeuter exists only in football manager and Muller is the only raumdeuter.

Steven Naismith is another one according to a surprising number of journalists. Sometimes he deuts so much raum its like he's not even there.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

sebzilla posted:

Play one in-game day per day or gtfo.

I like to think Four Seasons In One Day by Crowded House is about FM addiction

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure this isn't even right. Burnley or WBA would be top.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For me, at the start of the season all teams start equal with no points....so in that sense, the possibility that we could win the league is the same as all the other clubs so at this stage it ought to be 20-1. As the season progresses, depending on results the odds will change up or down.

Leicester won it against well defined odds and we won the league last season totally against the odds........so in both cases the "odds" were totally wrong.

I strongly feel that in football people get sucked into a mentality that is affected by what people call odds, probablilities, what the stats predict etc etc etc.....whereas in reality football is often very unpredictable.

The odds of winning the league are whatever you want them to be. I just looked up the odds online to see what we were quoted at and I laughed when I saw 2000-1. The last time I laughed at odds was when I saw us 250-1 against to beat Man Utd at CR in 2004.....we won 2-0.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Mickolution posted:

Not the point I know, but shouldn't it be 19/1?

Also, there's no way in hell a home side were 250/1 in a PL game.

Yes, thats my favourite bit of that laughably wrong post, even if you had a completely even league pricing every team at 20-1 would give you a summed probability of ~95%. He clarified the 250-1 by saying it was actually 250-1 for 2-0 to Norwich with Ashton to score first, which is just slightly different lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

what ever happened to italian norwich fan, did he leave with his idol chris hughton?

He's still there, posting his word salad nonsense. His "tactical masterclass" series has sadly stopped though.