Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

quote:

And regarding the live audience being 40,000 very rich people, fair enough, the club has decided it doesn't want your support, why offer it to them? It's a two way relationship, if the club prices itself out of your reach, there are lots of more reasonably priced options.

You hear that, if going to football isn't expensive, don't watch it on TV or anything, simply change to a cheaper club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ah Wrexham, the classic underdog story of a team with 50 times everyone else's resources being marginally better than everyone else.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, no problem with it.

Just with the idiots saying "We never thought our little club could achieve this and all it took was someone entirely unconnected with the town and football to give us more money than anyone around us could ever dream of".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mickolution posted:

Most of the decent writers went to The Athletic.

Given their financial situation, those writers will be back soon.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding and refers to Manchester United not quite scoring enough points in the 97/98 Premier League season.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

pik_d posted:

Good loving lord, yeah that's definitely what it's about

Someone was trying that one on Twitter too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Butterfly Valley posted:

The world's gone, pack it up guys it was a good run

Definitely better than any song invented and sung by irl Arsenal fans on twitter, low bar though that may be

I think they should just have gone with the thumbnail text as the lyric.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

isn't it a thing that in the upper levels most of the money comes from tv and dodgy sponsorships anyway?

Yeah. Assuming that £55 is the whole ground that's less than £3million gross. Not nothing, less than they're being paid in TV money for that match most likely.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Never let Jose manage a 3rd season.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

We’re more like a Carlos Tevez type: always on attack, refuse to learn other languages and not afraid to switch allegiances when it suits us in our quest for glory.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

DPRK at left-back in what looks like a 4-4-2 diamond it’s a bold choice. Prone to getting isolated and up against an experienced right-wing of England and Poland.

Loving your work chaps.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hah he got kicked off twitter.

I didn't even think that was still possible.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I know when I think underqualified I go straight to the qualified lawyer who has won multiple titles and cups and not say, to a man who can't spell "GCSE" and won (Checks notes) Burnley player of the year once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

The only potter that should be discussed is Graham Potter touring round relegation candidate clubs to see what he wouldn’t object to managing if he was asked

Like a straight C student trying to choose a university?